keys keep falling off keyboard on laptop

brought a laptop from argos last year its still has guarantee remaining. my question is...could i take this back under the guarantee to because of the keys falling off? and ask them to fix keys back on??

15 Comments

Worth a try but they could say its wear and tear...They normally pop on anyway cant you use a little super glue if they don't fix it?

Original Poster

gr8h8me;7630986

Worth a try but they could say its wear and tear...They normally pop on … Worth a try but they could say its wear and tear...They normally pop on anyway cant you use a little super glue if they don't fix it?

iv been popping them back on but they come off again or dont sit right...might try the super glue:thumbsup::thumbsup:

dont super glue it will just stick the keys down and they wont work again, take it back

Original Poster

wickedteen;7631119

dont super glue it will just stick the keys down and they wont work … dont super glue it will just stick the keys down and they wont work again, take it back

ok, lol. ill see what they say aout it instore

where did u get it from

wickedteen;7631387

where did u get it from

Big clue in the first post :-D

I would suggest backing up ALL your personal data and then deleting them permanently from your computer (using software like ashampoo (trial version is ok)). Take it back to Argos and they will refund your money back (if ourchased within last 30 days) or repair it (if within a year's warranty).

Argos refund policy

# If you bring it back to us within 30 days with your proof of … # If you bring it back to us within 30 days with your proof of purchase*, we'll give you a replacement or a refund.# If you've had the product for up to 1 year, we'll repair the product or, if that's not possible, give you a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund.

Hers is Argos's refund policy:

]http//ww…htm

Don't try doing anything on your own till you have spoken to Argos.

Buy a replacement keyboard on ebay and replace it yourself.

Original Poster

nomeames;7631663

I would suggest backing up ALL your personal data and then deleting them … I would suggest backing up ALL your personal data and then deleting them permanently from your computer (using software like ashampoo (trial version is ok)). Take it back to Argos and they will refund your money back (if ourchased within last 30 days) or repair it (if within a year's warranty). Hers is Argos's refund policy: ]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htmDon't try doing anything on your own till you have spoken to Argos.

thanks will go look into it :thumbsup:

replacing the keyboard part of the laptop is not so easy

wickedteen;7632830

replacing the keyboard part of the laptop is not so easy

depends on what keyboard on a toshiba that ive done it, it took about 10mins.

Original Poster

mines an acer aspire, its hard work just popping the keys back on

wickedteen;7631119

dont super glue it will just stick the keys down and they wont work … dont super glue it will just stick the keys down and they wont work again, take it back

They wont stick if you put a tiny bit on....

jadey145;7632920

mines an acer aspire, its hard work just popping the keys back on

They should not fall off, unless handled badly... Are you sure your little girl has not been playing with the laptop??

Get a vicar round to exterminate that poltergeist that's living under your keys before it moves into your bed next. :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523407
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846071
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214080
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2343

See more discussions