Expired

KFC are trialling Halal meat in a few of their London stores

Found 9th May 2009
Just thought I would let you all know incase some of you are interested - as I certainly am LOL!

The stores taking part in the trial are:

* Lea Bridge Road - E10 7DN
* Beckton - E6 4LG
* Edmonton - N18 2XA
* Hounslow West - TW4 7DJ
* Upton Park - E13 0AR
* Forest Gate - E7 8BA
* Bethnal Green - E2 0AH
* Tottenham Hale - N17 9FR

This has started already and will continue for several months

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
345 Comments

Original Poster

More details ]here

I don't see how halal is any better than the standard way of killing animals.

In many ways it's worse.

excellent! KFC have THE BEST CHICKEN! and it will be much better now, all my mates can eat with me there! we usually have to split and go to different places to eat! now everyone can enjoy KFC! :-D

Original Poster

grex9101;5167979

I don't see how halal is any better than the standard way of killing … I don't see how halal is any better than the standard way of killing animals.In many ways it's worse.

I appreciate your opinion :thumbsup: but I wasn't intending to start a debate - just thought I would let people know who are interested.

The chickens are still stunned before slaughter, which I know is what some people are concerned about with Halal meat

Mrs.Z;5168011

I appreciate your opinion :thumbsup: but I wasn't intending to start a … I appreciate your opinion :thumbsup: but I wasn't intending to start a debate - just thought I would let people know who are interested.The chickens are still stunned before slaughter, which I know is what some people are concerned about with Halal meat

Proof?

As long as both options are available, I'll choose non-halal.

It's NOT pain free and we shouldn't have to get this forced down our throats, literally.

Should be banned IMO. :x

Original Poster

grex9101;5168046

Proof?

Erm... It states so on the KFC website (link above) :thinking:

Mrs.Z;5168073

Erm... It states so on the KFC website (link above) :thinking:

kfc.co.uk/abo…al/

here, in fact.

Still, don't agree with it.

Original Poster

grex9101;5168082

http://www.kfc.co.uk/about-kfc/halal/here, in fact.Still, don't agree … http://www.kfc.co.uk/about-kfc/halal/here, in fact.Still, don't agree with it.

No worries
Each to their own ;-)

grex9101;5168046

Proof?As long as both options are available, I'll choose non-halal. It's … Proof?As long as both options are available, I'll choose non-halal. It's NOT pain free and we shouldn't have to get this forced down our throats, literally.Should be banned IMO. :x

I agree completely. Killing animals this way is cruelty beyond belief. This shouldnt be allowed in this day and age. It dosent have to be this way.

grex9101;5168046

Proof?As long as both options are available, I'll choose non-halal. It's … Proof?As long as both options are available, I'll choose non-halal. It's NOT pain free and we shouldn't have to get this forced down our throats, literally.Should be banned IMO. :x

lol....Look who it is!!!

Other religions do this, so they me slaughtered in the same way but are not Halal!!

are you not all going to eat them anyway?

LJM;5168125

I agree completely. Killing animals this way is cruelty beyond belief. … I agree completely. Killing animals this way is cruelty beyond belief. This shouldnt be allowed in this day and age. It dosent have to be this way.

The government wouldn't have the guts to ban it for fear of losing the vote of certain minorities, it's pathetic. :x

Naeem786;5168145

lol....Look who it is!!!

Oh, surprise.... YOU agree with it.

I, therefore must be a racist.

Only explanation, eh? :roll:

paz2k6;5168147

are you not all going to eat them anyway?

I'd prefer my food not to die in terrible agony, thanks.

Either way the chickens dead. Only good bit in a KFC is the coating anyway :lol:

grex9101;5168151

The government wouldn't have the guts to ban it for fear of losing the … The government wouldn't have the guts to ban it for fear of losing the vote of certain minorities, it's pathetic. :x

There you go again!!

grex9101;5168162

Oh, surprise.... YOU agree with it.I, therefore must be a racist.Only … Oh, surprise.... YOU agree with it.I, therefore must be a racist.Only explanation, eh? :roll:

Have I said your a racist? There you go again assuming!!

grex9101;5168151

The government wouldn't have the guts to ban it for fear of losing the … The government wouldn't have the guts to ban it for fear of losing the vote of certain minorities, it's pathetic. :x

Didn't stop them banning fox hunting, though. I am not sure it is as simple as that.

Naeem786;5168194

There you go again!!Have I said your a racist? There you go again … There you go again!!Have I said your a racist? There you go again assuming!!

Just getting in before your usual accusations. You know, everyone that doesn't agree with you is a racist... :roll: Suppose it saves having to come up with a logial and reasoned argument....

pghstochaj;5168202

Didn't stop them banning fox hunting, though. I am not sure it is as … Didn't stop them banning fox hunting, though. I am not sure it is as simple as that.

Fox hunting was an easy target...due to the types of people involved. :roll:

Banned

grex9101;5167979

I don't see how halal is any better than the standard way of killing … I don't see how halal is any better than the standard way of killing animals.In many ways it's worse.

There's alot more worse things that happen to the chicken before it is killed mate.

also check out how fur jackets are made.

if you dont agree with halal meat turn vegan, otherwise its a bit hypocritical.
grex9101;5168046

not really forced down your throat... don't fancy it? vote with your feet.

Rep OP

Typical British, kills thousands of humans world wide in conflict but still care how humanely we treat a chicken

Original Poster

Mclovin;5168252

Typical British, kills thousands of humans world wide in conflict but … Typical British, kills thousands of humans world wide in conflict but still care how humanely we treat a chicken

Ne'er a truer word said :thumbsup:

grex9101;5168230

Fox hunting was an easy target...due to the types of people involved. … Fox hunting was an easy target...due to the types of people involved. :roll:

You mean generally the top line of society, all those lords, ladies, lawyers, doctors, etc.? Very easy target.

bykergrove;5168241

There's alot more worse things that happen to the chicken before it is … There's alot more worse things that happen to the chicken before it is killed mate.also check out how fur jackets are made. if you dont agree with halal meat turn vegan, otherwise its a bit hypocritical.

The method is less humane than the one we already use, so why make it worse?

It's like going back in time.

Hardly hypocritical. I know they have to die, but it should be as painless as possible.

And no, I don't wear fur :?

I'm not sure why people are taking the moral highground on this, the chicken is dead within 2 minutes of slaughter and it is stunned. It's about time KFC introduced this, they are missing out on a lot of custom in areas with high muslim populations, not just from muslims but also from people who like to eat with muslim friends.

pghstochaj;5168266

You mean generally the top line of society, all those lords, ladies, … You mean generally the top line of society, all those lords, ladies, lawyers, doctors, etc.? Very easy target.

Exactly, demographically a tiny, TINY minority.

(i suspect you were trying to be sarcatic?)

good news. At least is a start
I'll pop in when I visit my cousin when Im next in London

Mclovin;5168252

Typical British, kills thousands of humans world wide in conflict but … Typical British, kills thousands of humans world wide in conflict but still care how humanely we treat a chicken

Personally I care about both, do you think that caring for both is not possible? I mean should we not bother with caring for our food because we are at war somewhere else? I don't think that they are mutually exclusive. I mean over a million people marched against our killing of people, I doubt you would see a million march for a chicken.

StudentJo;5168273

I'm not sure why people are taking the moral highground on this, the … I'm not sure why people are taking the moral highground on this, the chicken is dead within 2 minutes of slaughter and it is stunned. It's about time KFC introduced this, they are missing out on a lot of custom in areas with high muslim populations, not just from muslims but also from people who like to eat with muslim friends.

Well why bother using a method at all?

Why not just start carving it whilst it's alive - it's going to be dead anyway :roll:

This isn't a muslim country, I don't want their beliefs (or any other religions) forced on me.

Mclovin;5168252

typical British?? me thinks many other countries kill just as much and some kill more of their own than others so bit harsh a statement there mate

being a bit rude there

Also you might want to read this quote from the KFC website before you start voting with your feet:

"For our chicken to be halal accredited, a blessing is read by an appropriate person at the point of slaughter - nothing else changes"

Not a bloodbath in sight.

grex9101;5168277

Exactly, demographically a tiny, TINY minority.(i suspect you were trying … Exactly, demographically a tiny, TINY minority.(i suspect you were trying to be sarcatic?)

No, not at all, they are the most influential section in society by a long way. Your argument is not particularly valid, it is clear that the government does often do things that the majority want, even if it upsets the minority.

Mrs.Z;5168011

I wasn't intending to start a debate

LOL

sorry but, what the hell did you think was going to happen? :? :roll:

pghstochaj;5168279

I doubt you would see a million march for a chicken.

I bet they would if they were 99p each at Tesco :lol:

grex9101;5168290

Well why bother using a method at all?Why not just start carving it … Well why bother using a method at all?Why not just start carving it whilst it's alive - it's going to be dead anyway :roll:This isn't a muslim country, I don't want their beliefs (or any other religions) forced on me.

You are not being forced to eat Halal meat, are you? Why does religion mean anything to you, you're not being forced to be anything. The sooner we separate state and religion from our traditionally Christian set up, the better.

Banned

grex9101;5168269

The method is less humane than the one we already use, so why make it … The method is less humane than the one we already use, so why make it worse?It's like going back in time. Hardly hypocritical. I know they have to die, but it should be as painless as possible.And no, I don't wear fur :?

the chicken is stunned, it don't know **** after that.

so i take it you were a butcher and a part time scientist and volunteer as a chicken whisperer on the weekends so you know exactly how much pain each animal endured with both ways of producing meat or are you going by the "stats" in today's news of the world?

Shengis;5168313

I bet they would if they were 99p each at Tesco :lol:

Well, quite.

pghstochaj;5168296

No, not at all, they are the most influential section in society by a … No, not at all, they are the most influential section in society by a long way. Your argument is not particularly valid, it is clear that the government does often do things that the majority want, even if it upsets the minority.

It's acceptable to upset certain minorities, as long as they're white.

phatboy123;5168298

LOLsorry but, what the hell did you think was going to happen? :? :roll:

Too true.

grex9101;5168290

Well why bother using a method at all?Why not just start carving it … Well why bother using a method at all?Why not just start carving it whilst it's alive - it's going to be dead anyway :roll:This isn't a muslim country, I don't want their beliefs (or any other religions) forced on me.

There are plenty of muslims living in this country so I would think KFC as a business are allowed to increase their customer base by allowing muslims to eat at their restaurants without breaking a fundamental part of their religion....

Mrs.Z;5168011

The chickens are still stunned before slaughter,

stunned !!! i bet they are gobsmacked !!

nitelighter;5168292

typical British?? me thinks many other countries kill just as much and … typical British?? me thinks many other countries kill just as much and some kill more of their own than others so bit harsh a statement there mate being a bit rude there

yeah they do kill in other countries, but then they also dont care about killing chickens.

The point is the Hypocrisy.

grex9101;5168324

It's acceptable to upset certain minorities, as long as they're white..

Why are you bringing skin colour into this, Halal eaters can be whatever colour they want to be, well infact, whatever colour they were born as.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    2. Quidco Snow me the money Competition821078
    3. vodafone/metro comp - win a sony experia touch worth £1,300! - entries clos…11
    4. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117022

See more discussions