KFC QUESTION

Found 6th Apr
Has anyone noticed how awful KFC have gone recently?????. No hash browns, no cheese, no corn on the cob and no bacon. This is the second one I've been too in last month within a 30 mile radius to use this. Anyone know if they're secretly going under?
Community Updates
Ask
35 Comments
Changed food distributor from proven Bidvest to unproven DHL. Supply problems being caused by this.

theguardian.com/bus…ays
Original Poster
Paddy_o_furniture10 m ago

Changed food distributor from proven Bidvest to unproven DHL. Supply …Changed food distributor from proven Bidvest to unproven DHL. Supply problems being caused by this.https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/20/kfc-was-warned-about-switching-uk-delivery-contractor-union-says

Thanks for that link. Thought I was just very unlucky for a month... No wonder I haven't been wining the lotto
I keep thinking to myself it should all be sorted by now. It's been a very long time. But no the KFC near me is still not fully stocked up
Really dissapointed
I think there is a shortage in every branch. My friend went to a KFC on Tuesday. Shockingly they literally seemed they had nothing in stock. Including drinks.

Is there any point in opening the doors?
Original Poster
pricesavvy31 m ago

I think there is a shortage in every branch. My friend went to a KFC on …I think there is a shortage in every branch. My friend went to a KFC on Tuesday. Shockingly they literally seemed they had nothing in stock. Including drinks. Is there any point in opening the doors?

My thoughts exactly. Over heads. Wages etc. Can see this disappearing off our streets folks like former wolworths... how can they afford for months to be losing business. Explains why the lady serving had a bad attitude today bet she was thinking " potentially losing my job anyway so whats the point"
machomansavage4 m ago

My thoughts exactly. Over heads. Wages etc. Can see this disappearing …My thoughts exactly. Over heads. Wages etc. Can see this disappearing off our streets folks like former wolworths... how can they afford for months to be losing business. Explains why the lady serving had a bad attitude today bet she was thinking " potentially losing my job anyway so whats the point"

Well if the staff have attitude it must be hard for them having to constantly repeat themselves to customers to say they have nothing on the menu. I feel for them nobody knows what’s going on until it hits the headlines but I do think they need to pull all their fingers out and get it sorted. Surely KFC can’t be beaten by McDonalds, Burger King and all other takeaways. It be a shame to see them go.
machomansavage7 m ago

My thoughts exactly. Over heads. Wages etc. Can see this disappearing …My thoughts exactly. Over heads. Wages etc. Can see this disappearing off our streets folks like former wolworths... how can they afford for months to be losing business. Explains why the lady serving had a bad attitude today bet she was thinking " potentially losing my job anyway so whats the point"

Pure nonsense. There is zero chance KFC will go under.

They may lose some profits until they sort it out but all they need to do is run a promotion giving a decent discount and then every customer + more will return.

There is no national competition for KFC.
I'm confused by the question
KFC has ALWAYS been awful imo
deleted1431257
Paddy_o_furniture1 h, 14 m ago

Changed food distributor from proven Bidvest to unproven DHL. Supply …Changed food distributor from proven Bidvest to unproven DHL. Supply problems being caused by this.https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/20/kfc-was-warned-about-switching-uk-delivery-contractor-union-says

They changed back to Bidvest.
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 6th Apr
deleted1431257
I haven’t been to a KFC in over two months (since the start of February), instead going to Subway (especially with their vouchers for the Midlands region) and Maccies (more now because of the Monopoly thing). I was hoping to come back this month because I suspected the problems to be sorted with the return to Bidvest last month. But judging by comments here and reviews on the likes of Google Maps I guess it will be a while longer before I chance returning to KFC.
Original Poster
pricesavvy28 m ago

Well if the staff have attitude it must be hard for them having to …Well if the staff have attitude it must be hard for them having to constantly repeat themselves to customers to say they have nothing on the menu. I feel for them nobody knows what’s going on until it hits the headlines but I do think they need to pull all their fingers out and get it sorted. Surely KFC can’t be beaten by McDonalds, Burger King and all other takeaways. It be a shame to see them go.

Excuse me? I'm not doubting that for a second. So you're able to be rude to customers regardless of if they go under or not? Not saying anything about them being annoyed. Just dont act like that to customers in general. Its customers that make business what they r today. She didn't even pretend to be bothered
Edited by: "machomansavage" 6th Apr
deleted1431257
machomansavage4 m ago

Excuse me? So you're able to be rude to customers regardless of if they go …Excuse me? So you're able to be rude to customers regardless of if they go under or not? Not saying anything about them being annoyed. Just dont act like that to customers in general. Its customers that make business what they r today. She didn't even pretend to be bored

And with things like food restaurants, it’s best not to be a plonk to the staff otherwise they’ll likely spit in your food.
Original Poster
hass1239 m ago

And with things like food restaurants, it’s best not to be a plonk to the s …And with things like food restaurants, it’s best not to be a plonk to the staff otherwise they’ll likely spit in your food.

Lol true. But not when your standing there awaiting your order. Unless they're now intelligent enough to sign to their colleague's...
Edited by: "machomansavage" 6th Apr
Is it a Halal KFC?
Original Poster
Norseg6 m ago

Is it a Halal KFC?

Dunno thought tht was dixy chicken franchise
machomansavage54 m ago

Excuse me? I'm not doubting that for a second. So you're able to be rude …Excuse me? I'm not doubting that for a second. So you're able to be rude to customers regardless of if they go under or not? Not saying anything about them being annoyed. Just dont act like that to customers in general. Its customers that make business what they r today. She didn't even pretend to be bothered

You are right in what your saying. They shouldn’t treat customers like as described. What I meant to say was as much as it maybe hard for them they shouldn’t show it and give bad service. But like you say she didn’t even pretend to be bothered clearly shows someone who has no care for her workplace or position.
Original Poster
pricesavvy1 m ago

You are right in what your saying. They shouldn’t treat customers like as d …You are right in what your saying. They shouldn’t treat customers like as described. What I meant to say was as much as it maybe hard for them they shouldn’t show it and give bad service. But like you say she didn’t even pretend to be bothered clearly shows someone who has no care for her workplace or position.

Ahh right. Sorry pal been one of those days(the kfc thing was the icing)
Norseg37 m ago

Is it a Halal KFC?

He also said it no hash browns, no cheese, no corn on the cob so supply problems, i think they will close unless they can sort this quick.
hass1231 h, 23 m ago

They changed back to Bidvest.

They changed some of it back to bidvest. The first issue was caused by the supply problems, the second is still knock on from the snow. Their supply warehouses were snowed in meaning everything is behind.

I have stopped going there.
Geez.......if you knew what happened to kfc chicken you would rush to the a&e to get inoculated and never cross their doorway again.........disgusting muck.....
Original Poster
st8mike7 m ago

Geez.......if you knew what happened to kfc chicken you would rush to the …Geez.......if you knew what happened to kfc chicken you would rush to the a&e to get inoculated and never cross their doorway again.........disgusting muck.....

Once told by a friend who worked there during summer holidays years back they pour boiling kettle water over the chicken to defrost it. As weird as it sounds the taste is amazing. Why? What do they do?
hass1231 h, 25 m ago

And with things like food restaurants, it’s best not to be a plonk to the s …And with things like food restaurants, it’s best not to be a plonk to the staff otherwise they’ll likely spit in your food.

If you do annoy them. Never ask for Mayo.
Norseg9 m ago

kfc.co.uk/halalThey don't serve products what contain pork at Halal KFCs.. …kfc.co.uk/halalThey don't serve products what contain pork at Halal KFCs.. and McDonalds.. oh and Pizza ExpressIt's ridiculous that we have to change are home for othersYou may call me Racist (Islam isn't a race) in the Middle East there isn't any Christian Cerifield stores

You cater for the market you supply though, if the area is populated by people of a certain religion why would you sell something they could not eat?

we don’t have to change anything but if I owned a chicken shop that my customers couldn’t eat I don’t think I’d do very well.

christian certified what’s that anything they can get their hands on.

i complained on twitter and got a voucher, I won’t be redeeming it too quickly the chicken was dry and tasteless it’s really gone downhill, glad up north they’ve swapped back to Bidvest, Burger King done the same thing a few years ago and DHL was a disaster too I think they switched back.
i like kfc but haven't been for a while. hope they don't go under as it is good to have now and then.

kfc is a franchise so maybe they are having difficulty with their central supply chain.
Regarding attitude to customers: i used to work in coffee shop for some time. It was snowing and delivery guy was stuck with milk etc and late. Customer comes, ask for latte and I politely say we haven't got milk and explain. There is 20+ ppl in queque. Customer leaves and next one ask for latte.. this time shouting etc how come that there is no milk.. everyone in queque can hear him and still after this one leave the next customer ask for cappuccino.. If i've worked in kfc with no chicken i would not come to work simply because of dealing with customers... it's not that easy to deal with them and until now they've got my respect. Ps: no it's not possible to go to tesco and buy milk.. you need to follow rules and H&S, and they had no milk either ps2: yep we were announcing every few mins to the queque about no milk and there was sign everywhere but it still did not help.
Original Poster
csmcr45 m ago

Regarding attitude to customers: i used to work in coffee shop for some …Regarding attitude to customers: i used to work in coffee shop for some time. It was snowing and delivery guy was stuck with milk etc and late. Customer comes, ask for latte and I politely say we haven't got milk and explain. There is 20+ ppl in queque. Customer leaves and next one ask for latte.. this time shouting etc how come that there is no milk.. everyone in queque can hear him and still after this one leave the next customer ask for cappuccino.. If i've worked in kfc with no chicken i would not come to work simply because of dealing with customers... it's not that easy to deal with them and until now they've got my respect. Ps: no it's not possible to go to tesco and buy milk.. you need to follow rules and H&S, and they had no milk either ps2: yep we were announcing every few mins to the queque about no milk and there was sign everywhere but it still did not help.

There wasn't any announcements nor was there any signs. I walked straight in and got served. The place was dead. If there was a queue I would understand this. She also was reluctant to give us a tray to carry food back to table. So no! That's bad manners and attitude no need for it
Stopped going
I always got the dose of the sh**s after a kfc.
I went to one yestersay still no mini fillets lol
Perhaps they've changed the chef, sad to hear such high standards have dropped in these restaurants.
Original Poster
Mulva421 h, 20 m ago

Stopped goingI always got the dose of the sh**s after a kfc.

That's me after a Chinese! They call me Chinese Alan!
Been downhill since late 90’s seen more meat on budgies !
Original Poster
ASongOfFireAndIce9 h, 33 m ago

Been downhill since late 90’s seen more meat on budgies !

Loved the nineties era. I remember when our first kfc came to town in 98/99 and there was queues right the way around the building because the nearest one was 29 miles away in closet city
machomansavage11 m ago

Loved the nineties era. I remember when our first kfc came to town in …Loved the nineties era. I remember when our first kfc came to town in 98/99 and there was queues right the way around the building because the nearest one was 29 miles away in closet city

Yes and you never had to check your getting the correct amount of meat neither!
I went to USA Canada last year the difference is frightening they asked first if I Wanted Dark Or White Meat in my box I was confused on the spot made sense two seconds later. Genuine sized pieces too.
Halal KFC don't sell bacon
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions