Kfc ran out of chicken?

Found 20th Feb
900 stores affected or closed , DHL there courier almost fell into administration kfc also changed supplier
Community Updates
MiscGroceries
Top comments
i've heard the klu cluck klan are behind the chicken shortage
Most inconvenient , the kids had to have crisps and chocolate for their tea as the local McDonald's was too far to walk in a onesie as it was spittin on
39 Comments
I can't believe they're in short supply or have no supply of chicken it's a good job I'm not planning on going, I would be very disappointed. Poor colonel will be turning in his grave
Went in one yesterday afternoon, they had no coffee, no sides (only large gravy), and no wet wipes to use after your meal.
Where have you read that DHL almost went into administration due to it? Do you mean the supplier they originally had (bidvest) almost went into administration due to loosing the contract. I can't believe for a second DHL almost did, they deliver for so so so many massive businesses in this country, Poundland, Nisa etc etc.
Probably better for UK health the longer their supply is suspended. Kids and families regularly eating this junk are doing real damage...hope Domino's go through the same soon.
i've heard the klu cluck klan are behind the chicken shortage
33294244-FHaRl.jpg
MIDURIX1 h, 37 m ago

Where have you read that DHL almost went into administration due to it? Do …Where have you read that DHL almost went into administration due to it? Do you mean the supplier they originally had (bidvest) almost went into administration due to loosing the contract. I can't believe for a second DHL almost did, they deliver for so so so many massive businesses in this country, Poundland, Nisa etc etc.

It wasn’t DHL and bidvest didn’t either. They closed a depot with the loss of some jobs.
Maybe someone put all the eggs in one basket?
I remember KFC in late 90’s the actual quality of Meat seemed far better no grissle etc etc and also they were propper sized pieces none of these Budgie sized pieces you get today plus your lucky if they actually give you the right amount of chicken! Get it together KFC !
Most inconvenient , the kids had to have crisps and chocolate for their tea as the local McDonald's was too far to walk in a onesie as it was spittin on
Let's hope they spend the down time cleaning the restaurants. Every one I've ever been in (not my choice) has been filthy. If none of them ever reopened I would be happy. They are stinking
It’s a joke mate! Apparently they’ve run out of chicken and apparently also fries! What’s going to happen next? Donald trump going to stop wearing fake tan? I’ve had enough
MIDURIX5 h, 22 m ago

Where have you read that DHL almost went into administration due to it? Do …Where have you read that DHL almost went into administration due to it? Do you mean the supplier they originally had (bidvest) almost went into administration due to loosing the contract. I can't believe for a second DHL almost did, they deliver for so so so many massive businesses in this country, Poundland, Nisa etc etc.

Agreed...Deutsche Post DHL is the world's largest logistics company.
Edited by: "davewave" 20th Feb
Original Poster
davewave22 m ago

Agreed...Deutsche Post DHL is the world's largest logistics company.

Yeah I ment bidvest
search the list to find out if which KFC still has chicken left near you.
correct as of 13:00 20/02/2018

kfc.co.uk/cro…oad
Original Poster
ash_sindhu3 m ago

search the list to find out if which KFC still has chicken left near …search the list to find out if which KFC still has chicken left near you.correct as of 13:00 20/02/2018kfc.co.uk/cro…oad

My locals closed
@Splice

Any know what has happened to the chicken pieces waiting to be shipped? any chance of them being frozen, re-processed for selling cheap, its supplier 2Sisters is closing down three factories too.
shabbird1 h, 8 m ago

If you are in London, I would avoid KFC for a while. Some stores have been …If you are in London, I would avoid KFC for a while. Some stores have been smuggling chickenclick me for Evening Standard story

Haha, smuggling chickens. Shame it was filmed vertical, now he will burn in hell for all eternity.
splender1 h, 18 m ago

@Splice Any know what has happened to the chicken pieces waiting to be …@Splice Any know what has happened to the chicken pieces waiting to be shipped? any chance of them being frozen, re-processed for selling cheap, its supplier 2Sisters is closing down three factories too.

have a look in the bins.
The real shame is that with evryone's local KFC closed, there are no other options for fried chicken or fast food

I guess people might have to prepare a meal from ingredients at home.

33297703-qcnn4.jpg
33297703-2thya.jpg

33297703-Nz4AO.jpg
33297703-hQZ2l.jpg
33297703-KbEZn.jpg
33297703-qmI86.jpg
Edited by: "davewave" 20th Feb
Both local KFCs are off the list now.
A shame as by the time this gets sorted the Colonels Club Mighty Bucket for One £4.50 offer might expire (no expiry date on the app so could go at any time)

edit - checked on the website, 11th March.
Edited by: "Deadpooled" 20th Feb
Is nobody more concerned about how the chickens are farmed and how they are killed, I believe they are killed ignoring our animal welfare laws?
Pot luck if it's chicken anyway, My local served an half cooked battered rat!.
airfix2 h, 4 m ago

Is nobody more concerned about how the chickens are farmed and how they …Is nobody more concerned about how the chickens are farmed and how they are killed, I believe they are killed ignoring our animal welfare laws?

If that's true you should report the entire corporation to trading standards.
Chickens will become extinct before DHL go into administration!
DHL getting in on a well established business operation- we can pay staff less undercut the man going out the door ! Save you this much a year Mr KFC . But hold on when we start we can’t send chicken out of the door !
No sympathy! Only for the people that were laid off to make way for DHL express!
Third world chicken causing first world problems. Disgusting chicken anyway reared in very cruel circumstances.
airfix20th Feb

Is nobody more concerned about how the chickens are farmed and how they …Is nobody more concerned about how the chickens are farmed and how they are killed, I believe they are killed ignoring our animal welfare laws?

chocci22nd Feb

Third world chicken causing first world problems. Disgusting chicken …Third world chicken causing first world problems. Disgusting chicken anyway reared in very cruel circumstances.

very cruel circumstances? do behave. but you'll maybe want to look in to where your free range organic corn fed chicken comes from
eset123452 h, 43 m ago

very cruel circumstances? do behave. but you'll maybe want to look in to …very cruel circumstances? do behave. but you'll maybe want to look in to where your free range organic corn fed chicken comes from

An egg would be my guess.
Not sure if it came before or after the chicken.
eset123456 h, 55 m ago

very cruel circumstances? do behave. but you'll maybe want to look in to …very cruel circumstances? do behave. but you'll maybe want to look in to where your free range organic corn fed chicken comes from

Not that I buy free range organic, but I do buy British chicken unlike KFC who pay about 5p per chicken and import them frozen in container ships from Thailand
chocci13 h, 8 m ago

Not that I buy free range organic, but I do buy British chicken unlike KFC …Not that I buy free range organic, but I do buy British chicken unlike KFC who pay about 5p per chicken and import them frozen in container ships from Thailand

now that isn't even remotely true, all their chicken comes from British and Irish farms.

why are you blatently lying?
eset123458 m ago

now that isn't even remotely true, all their chicken comes from British …now that isn't even remotely true, all their chicken comes from British and Irish farms.why are you blatently lying?

Source or are you just making it up like you normally do?
I still haven't quite worked out why this whole chaos happened - there are videos of lorry loads of chicken
turning up at the DHL depot so its not a supply problem and surely DHL cannot have a " computer glitch"
that not only causes a complete two week failure to deliver the goods for one single company, but also
one that cannot be rectified by a dozen staff using good old fashioned telephones and computers to
organise distribution ? This the UK - a third of the size of Texas , so it's not as if the DHL delivery
drivers need a satnav.
chocci19 h, 43 m ago

Source or are you just making it up like you normally do?

You made the claim, it's up to you to show they buy from Thailand when all their literature shows as being from British / Irish farms along with being red tractor approved which is purely a UK scheme.

But nice deflection, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you're clearly lying.
Edited by: "eset12345" 25th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions