Kids bank accounts

Posted 28th Jan
Looking to open daughter 12 and son 6 bank accounts.

Looking for best free options liked look of Santander 123 mini but that’s from 13 apparently

Any ideas or help would be good

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Barclays from 11 years old
Daughter 12
Son 6

...Blimey! Big family.

Unless you meant twelve accounts for your daughter, & six for your son.
deleted1781228/01/2020 23:27

Daughter 12Son 6...Blimey! Big family.Unless you meant twelve accounts …Daughter 12Son 6...Blimey! Big family.Unless you meant twelve accounts for your daughter, & six for your son.

There's a Channel 5 documentary surely.

Oh wait, they've done one on it....
Gollywood28/01/2020 23:38

There's a Channel 5 documentary surely.Oh wait, they've done one on it....

Nah defo someone with more than me..
deals6928/01/2020 23:20

Barclays from 11 years old

What’s decent about it if dnt mind me asking thanks.
Santander 123 mini is from 11
justanothercid28/01/2020 23:51

What’s decent about it if dnt mind me asking thanks.

Nothing much to be honest. Just somewhere to keep the money. Very minimal interest
deals6929/01/2020 07:50

Nothing much to be honest. Just somewhere to keep the money. Very minimal …Nothing much to be honest. Just somewhere to keep the money. Very minimal interest

Yeah that’s what I’m finding with them all sadly
HSBC MySavings/My Account

For under 11's you get just the MySavings (have to go in branch to access money). Once you reach 11 you get an additional account (MyAccount) which comes with a debit card. Also get 3% interest on the savings account.
If it's somewhere to save their money then look at childrens savings accounts as they often have very good interest rates, especially you are putting money aside for them regularly. Maybe take a look at the Virgin Money young saver as I understand this isn't limiting with withdrawals if necessary and it has a good rate of interest.

If you'd rather have something more similar to a current account then the Santander 123 mini can actually be opened at any age, but a parent has to manage it and I think you have to go to branch to apply.
Edited by: "Psychobunni" 29th Jan
Halifax 3%
I think Halifax is 4.5%?
I use Halifax for my son he has a standard one and a child monthly saver which is 4.50% you can put in £100pcm. so I just bounce the money around each one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants