Kids Bubbly/Champagne

Found 24th Sep 2011
I would be so grateful if anyone could help with this - last birthday for our kids we had a bottle of kids champagne style pop - we put one in the basket at Home Bargains - it is very kids labelled and a darkish green fizzy fruit drink which the kids absolutely loved. I've been to Home Bargains several times and as is the normal thing it is long gone.

So the question is either - has anyone seen this in their local Home Bargains, or...does anyone know where you can get a kids bubbly with a poppy cork ;-)

Thanks guys..!
Community Updates
MiscChampagne
43 Comments
What's wrong with the good ol' Shloer? I'm guessing they'll be more concerned with the flavour of the drink, than what it actually comes in
Pr3cious18

What's wrong with the good ol' Shloer? I'm guessing they'll be more … What's wrong with the good ol' Shloer? I'm guessing they'll be more concerned with the flavour of the drink, than what it actually comes in

Yeah, I was going to suggest Schloer.
The bottle mentioned above is probably appletizer or peartizer, which are yummy!
Original Poster
Pr3cious18

I'm guessing they'll be more concerned with the flavour of the drink, … I'm guessing they'll be more concerned with the flavour of the drink, than what it actually comes in

Yes you are right - and the green sugary garbage the bottle contained went down a treat but it would never ever be attached to the noble Shloer brand - it was a sugary unhealthy pop ;-)

Edited by: "Lakeside" 25th Sep 2011
Tesco's sell it
Original Poster
Cheers surfbunny I'll go look
Banned
If it's girls then just get some pink lemonade and a bottle of pink sparkling wine. Drink the sparkling wine yourself first then fill the bottle up with the lemonade.
Banned
Encouraging kids to drink alcohol. How very 2011.
Banned
You really never had shandy growing up???
Banned
master_chief

You really never had shandy growing up???

No. Sorry if that surprises you.
Original Poster
Can you take your childish feud to private message and let me get my topic back?
Banned
I remember last year JTT you had an issue with this in a thread i made asking if parents give their children any drink over the christmas period.

but this qoute kind of bit you in the ass

*from Direct.gov
''Drinking at home
It is not illegal for a person under 18 to drink alcohol at home or at a friend’s house. Parents can choose to give young people some of their own alcohol when at home
''

Banned
DangerGod

I remember last year JTT you had an issue with this in a thread i made … I remember last year JTT you had an issue with this in a thread i made asking if parents give their children any drink over the christmas period.but this qoute kind of bit you in the ass*from Direct.gov''Drinking at homeIt is not illegal for a person under 18 to drink alcohol at home or at a friend’s house. Parents can choose to give young people some of their own alcohol when at home'':D

Being illegal and being responsible are two different things DG.
Original Poster
It's a soft drink
Banned
JonnyTwoToes

Being illegal and being responsible are two different things DG.

i know, i know. but you thought it was illegal.. didn't you
Banned
Lakeside

It's a soft drink

In a bottle that is associated with an alcoholic drink. Do you not think it may have consequences?
Are you on about the Pure Heaven stuff which Very and other party shops sell?

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/images/drinks/DRINAPPL2_P13.JPG

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/themes/non-alcoholic-champagne.aspx

It's just fizzy fruit juice and as to those implying it will turn children into alcoholics....well really. The UK has one of the highest rates of teen alcohol problems becuase we demonise it.

I serve the children a Schloer type drink in mini champagne flutes and they get the occasional shandy......
Banned
DangerGod

i know, i know. but you thought it was illegal.. didn't you

Yes, I have to admit I did DG - it surprises me to his day that it isn't.
Original Poster
JonnyTwoToes

In a bottle that is associated with an alcoholic drink. Do you not think … In a bottle that is associated with an alcoholic drink. Do you not think it may have consequences?

No
Lakeside

It's a soft drink

Then why not give them any old soft drink? Why does it have to be like champagne? Its the association thats the problem.
Banned
Lakeside

No

So when they next have a hunt around the house for a the 'soft drink' and see a similar bottle in your cooler, that won't result in any issues?
Original Poster
choc1969

Are you on about the Pure Heaven stuff which Very and other party shops … Are you on about the Pure Heaven stuff which Very and other party shops sell?http://www.partydelights.co.uk/themes/non-alcoholic-champagne.aspxIt's just fizzy fruit juice and as to those implying it will turn children into alcoholics....well really. The UK has one of the highest rates of teen alcohol problems becuase we demonise it.I serve the children a Schloer type drink in mini champagne flutes and they get the occasional shandy......

Thanks Choc - no it isn't Pure Heaven - I can't remember what it was called, just that it was in Home Bargains and had a very kid orientated bottle/label - sort of clowns/balloons and much colour. But not sure it was clowns/balloons even, just cartoony and bright!

I'm struggling to explain that I am not looking for an alcohol free champagne, I'm looking for a kids soft drink in a champagne style bottle - I'll live with the future consequences of my irresponsible parenting.
Banned
Aslong as it is supervised and moderated then personally i have no issue, everyone has their own style of parenting. if i had a child who was 15/16 and her friends had been given a glass of wine for a birthday, and she wanted a glass on her birthday i would want her to try it under my supervision rather than her going out and doing it behind my back.lets face it, at that age if they want to try it they probably will somehow.

But until i have kids of my own what do i know.
Original Poster
JonnyTwoToes

So when they next have a hunt around the house for a the 'soft drink' and … So when they next have a hunt around the house for a the 'soft drink' and see a similar bottle in your cooler, that won't result in any issues?

No
Banned
Lakeside

No

Fair enough. Like I say, it take all sorts.
Original Poster
My kids are obviously not as stupid as yours
Lakeside

I'm struggling to explain that I am not looking for an alcohol free … I'm struggling to explain that I am not looking for an alcohol free champagne, I'm looking for a kids soft drink in a champagne style bottle - I'll live with the future consequences of my irresponsible parenting.

The ones I quoted from Asda are just grape juice.
Banned
Lakeside

My kids are obviously not as stupid as yours

I don't think I have insulted you in this thread? Are you unable to discuss the matter without resorting to cheap insults?
Original Poster
JonnyTwoToes

I don't think I have insulted you in this thread? Are you unable to … I don't think I have insulted you in this thread? Are you unable to discuss the matter without resorting to cheap insults?

I don't think you have contributed to this topic at all so whether or not I am able to discuss the matter with you or not is pretty irrelevant to me to be honest. I asked for help in finding a product, not for a lecture on parenting from a prat like you.
Original Poster
Wow cheers choc, that's the very sort of thing if not perhaps even the thing - thanks, I have a name to go on now.
Banned
Lakeside

I don't think you have contributed to this topic at all so whether or not … I don't think you have contributed to this topic at all so whether or not I am able to discuss the matter with you or not is pretty irrelevant to me to be honest. I asked for help in finding a product, not for a lecture on parenting from a prat like you.

I'm not lecturing you - it's an open forum, I'm allowed to comment. As I would do if someone was asking for cigar shaped chocolate or needle shaped candy.

Just seems very inappropriate to me. And I'm sorry you feel the need to resort to insults.
Original Poster
Thanks, I got your opinion a while back. Can you stop repeating it now.
This thread reminds me of a deal that lucerysmum posted, she thought she was posting a deal from Lidl for kids champers but it actually had alcohol in it X)

hotukdeals.com/dea…064
JonnyTwoToes

I'm not lecturing you - it's an open forum, I'm allowed to comment. As I … I'm not lecturing you - it's an open forum, I'm allowed to comment. As I would do if someone was asking for cigar shaped chocolate or needle shaped candy.Just seems very inappropriate to me. And I'm sorry you feel the need to resort to insults.

Bit pointless really........(NPI :D)
It wouldn't last very long.
JonnyTwoToes

I'm not lecturing you - it's an open forum, I'm allowed to comment. As I … I'm not lecturing you - it's an open forum, I'm allowed to comment. As I would do if someone was asking for cigar shaped chocolate or needle shaped candy.Just seems very inappropriate to me. And I'm sorry you feel the need to resort to insults.

I'd best take the credit card and sherbet off the kids then oO
Original Poster
LoveHearts

This thread reminds me of a deal that lucerysmum posted, she thought she … This thread reminds me of a deal that lucerysmum posted, she thought she was posting a deal from Lidl for kids champers but it actually had alcohol in it X)

Well that would do I guess
I found it, it's called Kidzpop.
http://kidzpop.moonfruit.com/

I think you can buy it direct from them.
kidzpop.moonfruit.com/
Edited by: "LoveHearts" 25th Sep 2011
Banned
JonnyTwoToes

You'll be telling me next you never had candy cigarettes?
Original Poster

Thanks Lovehearts, that is a brill help. Loving the song too, I'm sure Jonnytwobraincells won't though

"Get my party started it only happens once a year  As I'm not an a …   "Get my party started it only happens once a year  As I'm not an adult yet, i can't drink wine or beer  My party will still be rockin' with the sounds of bottles poppin'Bring me the Fizz without the Whizz, its Kidzpop all the waayy!"

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants