Expired

Kids Christmas Present suggestions for < a £5er

Found 16th Oct 2010
Was dead chuffed with the Spongebob 3D Top Trumps cards for the one boy I buy for but am seeking more bargains to suit my waffer thin budget!

I need to buy 6 presents for girls in the 5 - 9 age range.

Last year we (the mum's) agreed to a max of £5 per child and it's proving quite a challenge this year. Loads of sweets or bubble bath around or books (which my lot always moan about) but not a lot else.

So far have found a Brainbox All Around the World game at Amazon for £5.50 but more ideas welcome please....

16 Comments

if you have a smyths toy store near you, you could look for some toys that are around £6 each...so get 2 x £6 toys and use the £5 off £12 spend voucher with expires tomorrow then you only pay around £7 for 2 presents.

Theres barbie dvd's for £4.99
Hello Kitty 13 Piece Porcelain Tea Set £4.99
Puppy in my pocket sets £4.99
Edited by: "mai" 16th Oct 2010

Original Poster

WTP - I lurve Poundland and have some artifical snow for stocking fillers already sorted! Mai we don't have Smyths in Pompey unfortunately but I'll have a quick butchers at their webby thanks!

My other half came back from "Claires accessories" with some stuff for girls around that age, i think they were 5for£5 but thay are quite decent (like purses,twilight stuff etc)

how about dvds, they normally have kids dvds cheap in asda, you could get a dvd for £3 then a selection box aswel.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/personalised-children-s-books-28-di/778570 - could be an idea for younger ones, some of the books are slightly more expensive but start at £4.50

I know you said probably no to books, but thought maybe personalised books may be different

Tescos had the HSM freindship journals for £2.50 yesterday. They were £10 reduced to £5 then reduced again.

£4.75 each ( use discount code in voucher section) if you reserve and pick up in store to save on P&P.

link here

Description

Make sure you've got everything you need for a sleepover, with this Girls Sleeping Bag Set.

The gorgeous set contains a zip-up polyester sleeping bag, which measures 68cm by 147cm. It also contains a torch and a plastic water bottle. The entire set comes packed into a pretty bag that has two pockets, backpack straps and a drawstring top.

Temperature rating: 12 degrees, Net weight filling mat: 12oz.

The Girls Sleeping Bag Set is ideal for camping and sleepovers

Lots of crayola reduced here.
Newitts link

Original Poster

Thanks folks! I'll get clicking....

i have two items, a hsm rucksack and a disney fairies paint your own vest age 8 x
http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/disney-fairies-design-your-own-vest/747272
http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/fs-highschool-musical-bag-6-50-deli/700011
£10 delivered for the 2
Edited by: "mumofthree" 16th Oct 2010

Have you got a b&m bargains they have loads in there sub £5 or a home bargains??

tkmaxx toy clearance section normally located in the toy section have some great things at decent prices :-)
home bargains
b & m bargains

Try E.L.C. they have a half price sale on at the moment. Also Sainsbury's very good for cheap reduced stuff - they have a half price toy sale starting 28 October I believe. Still a few bits in the M.& S. sale & Debenhams too. Tesco have lots of bargains. Most stuff is instore. Need to be prepared to have eagle eyes & rummage! Good luck! Don't forget 3 4 2 on gifts & toys at Boots & 2 4 £10 on toys at Asda. Also the entertainer toy shops have lots of bargains. Happy shopping.

I have got all my little girls friends hello kitty watches from focalprice worked out £1.82 each. Then got tiny silver boxes and filled with tissue paper and watch. Looks fab and cost approx £2 each!

Original Poster

Thanks folks. I'll get my shopping boots on and go out this week without the kids. Half term is looming and I refuse to take my 3 boys to shopping centres!
Post a comment
@
    Text