Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Kids day out in London

Posted 25th Oct
My cousin is visiting London from Germany next month and she is bringing the kids with her. I am going to take them out for the day and would like recommendations as to where we can go for the day. It will be a kids day out.

Two one year olds and one three year old.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Scraping the barrel now, could understand a tourist asking but not you.
I would suggest ear muffs for the weather and to block the inane questions that no doubt will be asked.
Edited by: "fearona" 25th Oct
fearona25/10/2019 14:27

Yep it's getting weird in here.Someone should collate the 1115 titles of …Yep it's getting weird in here.Someone should collate the 1115 titles of the posts and post them here, would make good reading

Weird, you say?
chocci26/10/2019 07:10

Wtf! Just noticed from that thread that Rogparki is banned. This place is …Wtf! Just noticed from that thread that Rogparki is banned. This place is the pits these days. Far too many snowflakes

Yeah, a week ago-ish. They don't like people who question things and speak as they see it. Yet people like the OP of this thread are worthy members.
55 Comments
How old are you?
Take them to lego land, London eye, and Westminster etc. Shame she didn't come in the summer tho, would have been better
London Eye is a good start, and then maybe take them to Hamleys toy store.
London eye often has long queues and the kids will be a nightmare queuing, especially the one year olds?
You’ve also got to think about logistics, London with two buggies might not be the best idea, what about going somewhere more local like Windsor.?
If you’re willing to drive, how about Peppa Pig World? Kids under 1m tall go free.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 25th Oct
Misslovely25/10/2019 11:48

How old are you? Take them to lego land, London eye, and …How old are you? Take them to lego land, London eye, and Westminster etc. Shame she didn't come in the summer tho, would have been better

Legoland is shut in November apart from three days and then mostly only open Friday - Sunday in December. Too young at that age to enjoy and at this time of year going to get cold just sitting in pushchairs.
Don't get carried away with the paid activities. Plenty of superb free ones like the natural history museum
Shard, tfl river taxi ride. London Aquarium
Defo natural history museum and science museum
From my experience London eye is not great for youngsters. They love it for the first 5 minutes and then want to get off ! Science museum as there are normally activities for young kids, and the river taxi would get my vote. Get a family hopper ticket and go down to Greenwich for a walk. As to food if you’re feeling wealthy, rainforest cafe goes down well but food is poor and it’s very over priced.
At that age you're best off finding a local pub with a soft play & playing Oktoberfest with your cousin for the afternoon.
Scraping the barrel now, could understand a tourist asking but not you.
I would suggest ear muffs for the weather and to block the inane questions that no doubt will be asked.
fearona25/10/2019 13:56

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/attention-seeking-1141634

15/6/2018 hotukdeals.com/dis…227 (I need attention)

Then 3 days later hotukdeals.com/dis…615 (it's been a few days since I got any attention).

It's like Eastenders, Hollyoaks... something is always up.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 25th Oct
RiverDragon825/10/2019 14:25

15/6/2018 hotukdeals.com/dis…227 (I need attention)Then 3 days later h …15/6/2018 hotukdeals.com/dis…227 (I need attention)Then 3 days later hotukdeals.com/dis…615 (it's been a few days since I got any attention).It's like Eastenders, Hollyoaks... something is always up.

Yep it's getting weird in here.
Someone should collate the 1115 titles of the posts and post them here, would make good reading

Yep it's getting weird in here.Someone should collate the 1115 titles of …Yep it's getting weird in here.Someone should collate the 1115 titles of the posts and post them here, would make good reading

Or we all live boring lives compared to mutley1.

You more or less have by updating the number!

Weird, you say?
fearona25/10/2019 15:21

Charmed you say?

He ruled out the best option

'Anyone got a solution apart from don't go on to misc'
Science museum would be great for that age. In ‘the garden’ area downstairs, there is a water play area, sensory room etc. The pattern pod would also be good for them. Lots to see & touch. It’s also a great visit for adults so you & your cousin would probably enjoy too. Plus it’s free!
Toptrumpet25/10/2019 11:56

You’ve also got to think about logistics, London with two buggies might n …You’ve also got to think about logistics, London with two buggies might not be the best idea, what about going somewhere more local like Windsor.?If you’re willing to drive, how about Peppa Pig World? Kids under 1m tall go free.

they are not staying with me, they are staying in london so I am going to see them there and take them out for the day. they are staying for only two days so it is a short visit. i won't have the car as i hate driving and taking the car into central london is a definite no no.

the one year old twins will be in the push chair so it will be best to go somewhere that has a lot of space for the kids to run around.
Edited by: "mutley1" 25th Oct
jbecker25/10/2019 12:45

From my experience London eye is not great for youngsters. They love it …From my experience London eye is not great for youngsters. They love it for the first 5 minutes and then want to get off ! Science museum as there are normally activities for young kids, and the river taxi would get my vote. Get a family hopper ticket and go down to Greenwich for a walk. As to food if you’re feeling wealthy, rainforest cafe goes down well but food is poor and it’s very over priced.

the idea of being stuck in the air in a small confined space with 3 screaming kids is not exactly my idea of fun either. they will probably get frightened and start crying and want to get out mid air! the queuing in itself will be enough to do my head in with them running around.

i was thinking the museums would be great for them but wasn't sure which ones would be best for the kids. will have a look at the science museum. i was thinking the natural history museum but the dinosaurs may frighten the kids so not too sure about that.

will look into the river taxi as that sounds like a great idea for the kids.
Edited by: "mutley1" 25th Oct
mutley125/10/2019 18:47

for the kids to run around.

1 year old twins running around? Seriously.
mutley125/10/2019 18:53

the idea of being stuck in the air in a small confined space with 3 …the idea of being stuck in the air in a small confined space with 3 screaming kids is not exactly my idea of fun either. they will probably get frightened and start crying and want to get out mid air! the queuing in itself will be enough to do my head in with them running around.i was thinking the museums would be great for them but wasn't sure which ones would be best for the kids. will have a look at the science museum. i was thinking the natural history museum but the dinosaurs may frighten the kids so not too sure about that.

History and Science are next door to one another so if you get bored of one you only have to walk 2 minutes to the other !
jbecker25/10/2019 18:54

History and Science are next door to one another so if you get bored of …History and Science are next door to one another so if you get bored of one you only have to walk 2 minutes to the other !

didn't know that! never been to either, only been to british museum, which i really like but it is not something that would appeal to the children as they are too young. will definitely look at the science museum and i will have a think about the natural history museum.
Disraeli25/10/2019 14:27

Comment deleted

i did think about london zoo but it may rain so it is best for an indoor activity. also a zoo is pretty much a zoo any where in the world so i am sure they have been to enough zoo already. may be something to do if it was the summer as then can make it into a day out at the park as well.
mutley125/10/2019 18:47

i won't have the car as i hate driving and taking the car into central …i won't have the car as i hate driving and taking the car into central london is a definite no

I agree, the roads are dangerous
Edited by: "tregs" 25th Oct
mutley125/10/2019 19:35

also a zoo is pretty much a zoo any where in the world so i am sure they …also a zoo is pretty much a zoo any where in the world so i am sure they have been to enough zoo already.

I'm going out on a limb here, but have you asked your cousin if they have been to a zoo before?
tregs25/10/2019 19:36

I agree, the roads are dangerous

Especially for motor cyclists. They never know when some lunatic will just pull out and crash into them.

Ain't that the truth mutters?
Edited by: "deeky" 25th Oct
deeky25/10/2019 13:10

OMG. You can't keep a dog under control, how will you manage 3 infants?

38773191-HOc6D.jpg
IamMT25/10/2019 12:58

At that age you're best off finding a local pub with a soft play & playing …At that age you're best off finding a local pub with a soft play & playing Oktoberfest with your cousin for the afternoon.

+1
Absolutely pointless and a waste of money doing London with infants, especially considering what a tightarse the op is.
deeky25/10/2019 13:10

OMG. You can't keep a dog under control, how will you manage 3 infants?

Wtf! Just noticed from that thread that Rogparki is banned. This place is the pits these days. Far too many snowflakes
Sunmoon25/10/2019 12:29

Defo natural history museum and science museum

For two one year olds and a 3 year old?
chocci26/10/2019 07:11

For two one year olds and a 3 year old?

Never too young to learn !!
chocci26/10/2019 07:10

Wtf! Just noticed from that thread that Rogparki is banned. This place is …Wtf! Just noticed from that thread that Rogparki is banned. This place is the pits these days. Far too many snowflakes

Yeah, a week ago-ish. They don't like people who question things and speak as they see it. Yet people like the OP of this thread are worthy members.
mutley125/10/2019 19:25

will definitely look at the science museum and i will have a think about …will definitely look at the science museum and i will have a think about the natural history museum.

Two one year olds and one three year old
Edited by: "fearona" 26th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants