Groups

Kids game recommendation please (xbox)

Hi. I've bought an Xbox one s with 2 controllers for my kids and have FIFA 17 and Lego Star Wars TFA.

I'd like to add another "family friendly" game (kids aged 8 to 11) to these.

Any recommendations? we're coming in with no gaming history except Minecraft on android and Mario kart on the Wii!

thanks

20 Comments

It can get a bit pricey but Lego Dimensions would be great for kids of that age.

Trackmania turbo for a fun little racer.

Not an easy one, as the PS4 & XB1 are both more "grown up" consoles. The obvious game would be Rare Replay-mainly because it's a got bunch of family and Nintendo games (don't let 'em play Conker's Bad Fur Day, though!) -but because the games are all from older platforms, you won't be getting the best visuals from your console.
    Edited by: "beefkr10z" 15th Dec 2016

Just bought one as well for my children for Xmas, I've got Minecraft, Zoo Tycoon (will need Kinect for this) & Lego Movie for my 2, they are 7 and 4 years old. Hope this helps.

I agree with lego dimensions, pricey but the outlay is worth it. Also infinity but be quick as they are stopping downloading the updates for the last packs in March. There were so many figures the kids were hoping to be released too. I've just upgraded the 360 to one, I was thinking of getting plants vs zombies? Managed to get the latest star wars as a black Friday deal.

ratchet and clank is good as is Minecraft

Original Poster

Yes Dimensions looks great, but I'm looking at "add-on" presents here and so that's too pricey. Will check Trackmania.

What about the Forza series?

Skylanders for me. All the old characters work on the latest version and they are as cheap as 25p to buy at cex or get a bundle off of ebay- I got 28 characters 2 portals and 3 wii games(which reminds me they need to go back on ebay!) for 20 quid

roblox free from Xbox store. That's all my kids play even though they have lego skylanders minecraft etc

Original Poster

Thanks all - I want to avoid further outlay after the game - especially in game purchases.

Will check out all suggestions. Minecraft is a possibility, and further Lego games I guess.

Are all the above ok for 2 simultaneous players?

Original Poster

discozohan

roblox free from Xbox store. That's all my kids play even though they … roblox free from Xbox store. That's all my kids play even though they have lego skylanders minecraft etc

XBox store - is that something available on the xb itself with no further subscription such as xb live?
    #noviceAlert
    Edited by: "JayDubya" 15th Dec 2016

Rayman Legends
    Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Rare Replay
    Minecraft
    Ratchet and Clank

JayDubya

XBox store - is that something available on the xb itself with no further … XBox store - is that something available on the xb itself with no further subscription such as xb live?#noviceAlert

​its free. its one of the screens when you start the Xbox up. think it's 3rd to the right.

Banjo Kazooie nuts and Bolts has been a long time kids favourite game with my clan....backwards compatible on XBone I believe

Viva Pinata should also be backwards compatible. Looking forward to when my kids are old enough to play it, so I get to "help" them with it!!

styBecker

Viva Pinata should also be backwards compatible. Looking forward to when … Viva Pinata should also be backwards compatible. Looking forward to when my kids are old enough to play it, so I get to "help" them with it!!

Both VP & the sequel are on Rare replay, and yes, they're really good fun!

Original Poster

damn, got my hopes up there; but Ratchet and Clank is not on the XBone

Original Poster

which xbox star wars games are worth getting?
    excluding online games (so I'm lead to believe that pretty much excludes the latest battlefront?)

goat simulator is cheap and funny for kids

octodad, max curse of the brotherhood, rayman legends

Original Poster

Thanks all, for your suggestions. No decision made yet - I'm researching older star wars games - but I'm sure i'll find something.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?39
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2853
      3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1021
      4. Is this a Nespresso capsules compatible machine?11

See more discussions