Kids slime- marks on walls

Posted 20th Nov
My kids were playing with slime which sticks to walls as well as those slime sticking men from party bags it's now left marks on the white painted walls which look like oil marks.

Any idea how to get rid of these apart from getting a fresh pot of paint out? I tried a magic sponge but as I thought it didn't help with these type of 'stains'.

Any ideas much appreciated, thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
White vinegar.
Prevention is better than cure, watching the children so they don’t do it....

could you not just pair over it?..
Bargainhead20/11/2019 08:39

Prevention is better than cure, watching the children so they don’t do i …Prevention is better than cure, watching the children so they don’t do it....could you not just pair over it?..

I prefer my option, let my kids have fun while not injuring themselves or others. As long as there is no destructive or malicious play, carry on.
I’ll then redecorate in a few years once they can’t be bothered getting up before noon and have reduced to grunting as a form of communication.
Melamine sponges, you can usually get a load on eBay for a few pounds.
Oneday7720/11/2019 08:42

I prefer my option, let my kids have fun while not injuring themselves or …I prefer my option, let my kids have fun while not injuring themselves or others. As long as there is no destructive or malicious play, carry on. I’ll then redecorate in a few years once they can’t be bothered getting up before noon and have reduced to grunting as a form of communication.

I understand kids having fun but simple rules of don’t draw on the walls Or put slime on them, would sort this problem out...
WD40. Test in small area first. Don't leave it on for too long. And wipe it
Edited by: "ra786" 20th Nov
Bargainhead20/11/2019 09:22

I understand kids having fun but simple rules of don’t draw on the walls O …I understand kids having fun but simple rules of don’t draw on the walls Or put slime on them, would sort this problem out...

I class drawing on the wall as destructive as it’s obvious what they are doing. Slime, is less of an obvious issue to a child.
Then we get onto these sticky men and similar that people give out in party bags.

Don’t get me wrong, children should be told what is right and wrong while being monitored. However I won’t lose sleep over not micro managing every situation.
Bargainhead20/11/2019 08:39

Prevention is better than cure, watching the children so they don’t do i …Prevention is better than cure, watching the children so they don’t do it....could you not just pair over it?..

You can't watch children all the time, a big part of growing up is allowing them a little trust to play with things on the understanding that they can use something but have to take care not to make a mess. But a bit of mess or a mark on the wall is no big deal in the grand scheme of things, it's part of how they learn. I have some pen marks on my wallpaper in the living room where one day my daughter got a bit carried away with her new-found drawing skills. She just got a bit carried away and of course she knew not to do it again after we talked to her and explained that she couldn't do that. I agree with the OP in that there is not much point in painting the wall now, just try and use a 'magic sponge' to get the marks off as best you can, and then just paint the wall whenever you happen to be decorating the house.
Bolting paper and a warm iron.
Those white magic sponges
Slice of white bread.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions