Groups

Killer Whale attacks and kills trainer in Seaworld Florida

Banned

cnn.com/201…=T1

The trainer was explaining different things about the whale, and then the trainer that was down there walked away from the window. Then [the whale] took off really fast in the tank, and he came back, shot up in the air, grabbed the trainer by the waist and started thrashing [her] around," Biniak said.

Guest David Dalton told CNN affiliate WFTV, "All of the sudden, out of nowhere, two of the bigger whales just kind of flipped out, going as fast as they could in the water."

NOM NOM NOM

53 Comments

Original Poster Banned

well, they not goldfish.

http://i37.tinypic.com/30sy9hv.gif

wow, not a nice way to go.

It's an amzing show to watch but always a huge risk !!!

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;7943443

well, they not goldfish.

True. They're not gold and they're not fish!

Any other gems?

Is there any footage on Youtube yet??

always going to happen. brilliant show that they put on, but its always a risk the trainers take when choosing that profession. the killer whale will just see it as playing. a sad inevitability, which really us, the paying public who demand these events, who are responsible (i include myself in that).

Banned

3rd kill!

a serial killer...whale

dcx_badass;7943464

They also don't eat people.

This one did :thinking:

Banned

Killer whale....

Still, not very nice it has to be said.

They use the "Breaking News.." phrase too much in the US. Surely any news is breaking when it's first announced?

Original Poster Banned

]WTF!!!!!!

"There's no sense of foul play; right now, this appears to be an accident."

Yes, the whale didn't mean to jump out of the water and grab the trainer and shake her about!

I reckon its a conspiracy and expect the US will be invading Antarctica some time soon.

They shouldn't be contained and trained to perform like circus animals in the first place.

Banned

Americans

Like this quote

we are trying to figure out what happened,

HHmmmmmmmmmm............... hmmmmmmmmm

did they not already say what happened from the witness's saw

lastlaststar;7943526

This one did :thinking:

It didn't eat her, it basically thrashed her to death.

dcx_badass;7943464

They also don't eat people.

well, seeing as people don't swim about in the sea for them to be part of the food chain that's not really a surprise

guv;7943479

True. They're not gold and they're not fish!Any other gems?

Nope. that was it.

"one of our family has died"

yet they kept the park open

That story is just plain wrong, the trainer must of really pee'd it off!

Banned

richx45;7944165

That story is just plain wrong, the trainer must of really pee'd it off!

i dont think us humans can make comments on how a whale thinks ... And its called a killer whale for a good reason.

A woman has been violently bitten & shaken to death by a killer whale, infront of a big crowd, and all the stupid reporter can say is:

"The Shoe. The image of the shoe, just floating"

I think the image of a blood-filled pool, with a dead body in it, would be more of a striking image, than a floating shoe.

Original Poster Banned

Geordie123;7944279

A woman has been violently bitten & shaken to death by a killer whale, … A woman has been violently bitten & shaken to death by a killer whale, infront of a big crowd, and all the stupid reporter can say is:"The Shoe. The image of the shoe, just floating"I think the image of a blood-filled pool, with a dead body in it, would be more of a striking image, than a floating shoe.

LOL........ Pretty much what I thought when I was watching the report......... Maybe it was an expensive pair of shoes?

I'm sure the Japanese will take it off there hands

Geordie123;7944279

A woman has been violently bitten & shaken to death by a killer whale, … A woman has been violently bitten & shaken to death by a killer whale, infront of a big crowd, and all the stupid reporter can say is:"The Shoe. The image of the shoe, just floating"I think the image of a blood-filled pool, with a dead body in it, would be more of a striking image, than a floating shoe.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd245/iwannafightyouiwannabiteyou/WorfLaughing.gif

Snailman;7944318

I pasted the URL into a browser, as it's not showing up for me.

I expected a floating shoe, but it's a laughing Klingon!

Nice! :thumbsup:

edit: it's showing up now! Hurrah!

guv;7944305

LOL........ Pretty much what I thought when I was watching the … LOL........ Pretty much what I thought when I was watching the report......... Maybe it was an expensive pair of shoes?

Come to think of it, the image of that is quite disturbing!

If the woman was wearing sports shoes, there were THREE trainers in the water.

Or maybe the 'trainer' that's died, *is* the sports shoe?

All will become clear in the fullness of time, I suspect.

http://www.gif-anime-gratuit.com/gif-anime-gratuit/animaux/orque/orques002.gif

I have been to Seaworld in Orlando and seen the Shamu show and it made me really upset. These are amazing, beautiful creatures and it upset me to see them performing their silly shows for our amusement. It they must be kept in captivity because they can't be returned to the sea, where they belong, for whatever reason, I wish they could just be kept in very large enclosed area and not taught to perform tricks for food.

guv;7943648

]WTF!!!!!!"There's no sense of foul play; right now, this appears to be … ]WTF!!!!!!"There's no sense of foul play; right now, this appears to be an accident."Yes, the whale didn't mean to jump out of the water and grab the trainer and shake her about!I reckon its a conspiracy and expect the US will be invading Antarctica some time soon.

I LOL'd!

At the end of the day regardless of how these mammals have been raised they still have the wild instinct in them.
    So what do people expect when things like this happen? Yes its sad but if you play with fire you're going to get burnt.

its like the lion tamers who get killed and then the animal gets put down.....its what the animal does naturally...

TinyTrina;7944398

I have been to Seaworld in Orlando and seen the Shamu show and it made me … I have been to Seaworld in Orlando and seen the Shamu show and it made me really upset. These are amazing, beautiful creatures and it upset me to see them performing their silly shows for our amusement. It they must be kept in captivity because they can't be returned to the sea, where they belong, for whatever reason, I wish they could just be kept in very large enclosed area and not taught to perform tricks for food.

Says the person who makes their dog pose for a avatar photo..... :whistling:

Chiptivo;7945860

Says the person who makes their dog pose for a avatar photo..... … Says the person who makes their dog pose for a avatar photo..... :whistling:

Have some rep , classic:thumbsup:

Banned

guv;7943648

]WTF!!!!!!"There's no sense of foul play; right now, this appears to be … ]WTF!!!!!!"There's no sense of foul play; right now, this appears to be an accident."Yes, the whale didn't mean to jump out of the water and grab the trainer and shake her about!I reckon its a conspiracy and expect the US will be invading Antarctica some time soon.

Foul play? Did they suspect the whale of premediated cold blooded murder or something. :thinking:

Original Poster Banned

Oriana the Quiet;7947867

Foul play? Did they suspect the whale of premediated cold blooded murder … Foul play? Did they suspect the whale of premediated cold blooded murder or something. :thinking:

Don't shoot the messenger. The link and source of the comment has been suitably highlighted.

Banned

DarkKnight;7943666

They shouldn't be contained and trained to perform like circus animals in … They shouldn't be contained and trained to perform like circus animals in the first place.

totally agree. Those who go to these 'shows' are just prolonging their captivity. Same applies to zoos.

Banned

csiman;7947927

totally agree. Those who go to these 'shows' are just prolonging their … totally agree. Those who go to these 'shows' are just prolonging their captivity. Same applies to zoos.

You do realise all the good that SeaWorld does for marine conservation? It's not just about the shows, it's what the gate receipt helps to do for the greater good. They also allow generations of kids to have a better understanding about these creatures and to raise awareness about their plight.

They will have saved more animals than they have ever held captive. So holding every one whale captive to save the lives of 10 that would otherwise perish where it not for Sea Worlds involvement in some way seems a good deal to me.

Chiptivo;7945860

Says the person who makes their dog pose for a avatar photo..... … Says the person who makes their dog pose for a avatar photo..... :whistling:

This did make me laugh. But its worse than you think, she was only 4 months old when that picture was taken, that's puppy exploitation! ;-)

Banned

master_chief;7948034

You do realise all the good that SeaWorld does for marine conservation? … You do realise all the good that SeaWorld does for marine conservation? It's not just about the shows, it's what the gate receipt helps to do for the greater good. They also allow generations of kids to have a better understanding about these creatures and to raise awareness about their plight.They will have saved more animals than they have ever held captive. So holding every one whale captive to save the lives of 10 that would otherwise perish where it not for Sea Worlds involvement in some way seems a good deal to me.

yep - makes a tonne of money for a company called Disney and they encourage mass dolphin killing in Japan as thats where they buy their dolphins from. Ones that dont make the grade are slaughtered in their thousands.

Watch this film and you wont think so highly of seaworld, thats for sure!

THE COVE

imdb.com/tit…04/

csiman;7948438

yep - makes a tonne of money for a company called Disney and they … yep - makes a tonne of money for a company called Disney and they encourage mass dolphin killing in Japan as thats where they buy their dolphins from. Ones that dont make the grade are slaughtered in their thousands.Watch this film and you wont think so highly of seaworld, thats for sure!THE COVE http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313104/

its not owned by disney is owned by busch same people who own bud

For more than 40 years, the Worlds of Discovery – better known as
    SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove – have initiated and supported
    wildlife conservation, research and education at home and around the world. Upon visiting
    a Worlds of Discovery park, many guests are inspired to help protect the animals they encounter and get involved with wildlife conservation. The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund was, in part, created to fulfill that desire.

Launched in 2003, the Fund was created to provide guests with an easy, direct way to get involved and make a difference. While the Fund itself is relatively new, the parks have contributed more than $20 million to wildlife conservation since 1970. The Fund intends to continue this legacy and create an even greater one.

A 501 (c)(3) non-profit private foundation, the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund focuses its resources in four strategic areas: Species Research, Habitat Protection, Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation, and Conservation Education. Since its launch, the Fund has granted $5 million to more than 350 projects in 60 countries. The Fund’s grantees are diverse, including global organizations such as World Wildlife Fund, The Nature Conservancy, and Conservation International along with smaller, grassroots organizations.
    swbg-conservationfund.org/

jasonrat;7948483

its not owned by disney is owned by busch same people who own bud For … its not owned by disney is owned by busch same people who own bud For more than 40 years, the Worlds of Discovery – better known asSeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove – have initiated and supportedwildlife conservation, research and education at home and around the world. Upon visitinga Worlds of Discovery park, many guests are inspired to help protect the animals they encounter and get involved with wildlife conservation. The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund was, in part, created to fulfill that desire.Launched in 2003, the Fund was created to provide guests with an easy, direct way to get involved and make a difference. While the Fund itself is relatively new, the parks have contributed more than $20 million to wildlife conservation since 1970. The Fund intends to continue this legacy and create an even greater one.A 501 (c)(3) non-profit private foundation, the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund focuses its resources in four strategic areas: Species Research, Habitat Protection, Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation, and Conservation Education. Since its launch, the Fund has granted $5 million to more than 350 projects in 60 countries. The Fund’s grantees are diverse, including global organizations such as World Wildlife Fund, The Nature Conservancy, and Conservation International along with smaller, grassroots organizations. http://www.swbg-conservationfund.org/

As stated it is not owned by Disney, but I believe it has just been sold by Anheuser-Busch InBev to a company called Blackstone Group
    orlandosentinel.com/bus…ory

Free willy was a crap film, not sure why they tried to release a third.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      2. One for the mathmaticians2847
      3. One thing you've forgotten55
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462

See more discussions