Kindle 3G and wireless

Been thinking of getting one, I'm more attracted to the cheaper wireless only but know if I get that I may end up wanting the 3G one.

Is the 3G worth the extra cost? Can you browse only the amazon bookshop with the connection on these, or can you use it on any website?

Can you read in low light levels or darkness?

5 Comments

you can browse web sites but not very well...

Get an iPad1 - wayyy better than a kindle & not that much more expensive !!

ChrisUK

Get an iPad1 - wayyy better than a kindle & not that much more expensive … Get an iPad1 - wayyy better than a kindle & not that much more expensive !!

Whole point of the Kindle is that it does not hurt your eyes....the Ipad is like a computer and is not good for reading. Also Kindle a better size - its designed for that purpose.

ChrisUK

Get an iPad1 - wayyy better than a kindle & not that much more expensive … Get an iPad1 - wayyy better than a kindle & not that much more expensive !!

Nearly 4 times the price. Plus reading on a Kindle is very much like reading paper. imo it would hurt your eyes reading an ipad for too long.

The OP does mention browsing though and while the kindle is great for reading books it is pretty crap at everything else.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions