Groups

Kindle comes to the UK

Banned
    see 1st post

6 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/uk-marketing/fiona/jeffletter-kindleww-final-UK-100609._V230280946_.png

Id be surprised if it didnt come to the uk via Amazon...
    It is the Amazon Kindle after all.

deathtrap3000;6529923

Id be surprised if it didnt come to the uk via Amazon...It is the Amazon … Id be surprised if it didnt come to the uk via Amazon...It is the Amazon Kindle after all.

its being sold on amazon.com but they will ship it to the UK along with a hefty import tax :thumbsup:

thats what i am lead to believe anyway lol

micoo;6529943

its being sold on amazon.com but they will ship it to the UK along with a … its being sold on amazon.com but they will ship it to the UK along with a hefty import tax :thumbsup:thats what i am lead to believe anyway lol

sure is "our international shipment is subject to customs duties, import taxes and other fees levied by the destination country. We will show you these fees upon checkout."

Import tax will be between 5 and 10% (depending on how they classify it) and then you have the VAT and handling charge.

I don't mind £200 if it is a one off but ebooks are such a ripoff at the moment. They save money on printing the thing and shipping it - I don't expect to pay the same for a binary file as they charge for the hardback (more if it is a bestseller that is being heavily discounted in the shops).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?34222
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …164409
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014107
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1326

See more discussions