Kindle Fire 5.3.1.0 root and install Nexus Firmware

2 replies
Found 10th Feb
Hi All,

Like a lot of people we picked up a 7" Kindle Fire from John Lewis yesterday. We have successfully installed Google Play and removed the adverts via live chat

The kindle is currently on 5.3.1.0 firmware and is already showing that 5.3.2.0 is about to install. In a ideal world we would love to root the kindle and install the nexus firmware. But from what we have read you can not root 5.3.1.0 or 5.3.2.0 at the moment, but with so many posts on so many different threads can anyone inform me if this is correct and if not add a link to a tutorial on how they did it?

Many thanks - Sara x

2 Comments

This would be a question better on xda forums, Google for it and search on there. You will have you answer and any tutorials in minutes

Original Poster

Thanks njpugh90, that's where a lot of my searches end up but I was hoping someone who might have done it here might be able to give me pointers and a definitive answer
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions