Kindle fire Facebook messenger not compatible

deleted2283869's avatar deleted2283869
Posted 7th Jan 2021
Hello all hope everyone is safe and also warm from this bitter weather.
As per title my mothers kindle fire today stopped the Facebook messenger working and there seems to be no update. Now it is very old, I think it's the 2nd gen, but still works fine in itself.
Does anybody know a way around it to get an app compatible or is it now the time to look at getting rid and upgrading it?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It's showing on the app store for my kindle, but it is a newer model.
    Have you tried reinstalling it?
    Author
    deleted419707/01/2021 15:35

Have you tried reinstalling it?

It’s not showing on the App Store, tried a few alternative apps but hasn’t worked. Such a shame as the device it self is fine but she needs the messenger app
    Personally just install the play store and install FB messenger from there. Probably the lite version tho as the tablet is abit old now.
    Author
    Daffydills07/01/2021 15:44

Personally just install the play store and install FB messenger from …Personally just install the play store and install FB messenger from there. Probably the lite version tho as the tablet is abit old now.

How do you install google play store? Lite works fine that's the version she has on her phone
    Just Google install playstore on fire tablet. I did it to my son's fire yesterday to get meets to install for school. It was a guide by android police iirc. Took under 10mins all in.
    Author
    Daffydills07/01/2021 15:51

Just Google install playstore on fire tablet. I did it to my son's fire …Just Google install playstore on fire tablet. I did it to my son's fire yesterday to get meets to install for school. It was a guide by android police iirc. Took under 10mins all in.

Iv Just tried from the site android police but the kindle fire is not compatible. Back to the drawing board
    Author
    Think we've decided to just upgrade an get a new kindle and keep this old one for the car for my an to watch prime. Seems like a good idea to us
's avatar