Kindle Fire - Google play

Found 6th Nov 2017
Hi,

Not really sure where to ask so thought I’d try here. My son had an iPad but my husband broke it so I’ve let my son use my kindle fire as I rarely use it. I’ve found this is actually better for him due to the amazon free play and better restrictions but there is two apps my son uses a lot that I can’t get on here - Sky Go Kids and IPlayer kids. When I search on the kindle App Store they don’t show, so I followed instructions today to download the google play store but when I tried to install the apps to do it, an error message said something about parse error?

Does anyone have any ideas or ways around this just to get these two apps? If not, I’m going to have to get the iPad repaired

Thanks xx
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Hi there.

Try Settings Security and turn on apps from unknown sources.

Hope this helps.
Edited by: "waynexyzxxx" 6th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Thank you both. Unfortunately neither worked I’ve now managed to get the google play store, however both apps say they are not compatible with my device. Looks like an expensive Xmas for me haha
sophiejo12135 m ago

Thank you both. Unfortunately neither worked I’ve now managed to get t …Thank you both. Unfortunately neither worked I’ve now managed to get the google play store, however both apps say they are not compatible with my device. Looks like an expensive Xmas for me haha

You don't need to install the apps via Google Play, you can download the .apk files for those and sideload them just like you did with the Google Play app.

See the section entittled "Method #1: Download and Install Android Apps Manually" on this page:

How to Get Google Play on a Kindle Fire and Install Any Android App You Want - Lifehacker
lifehacker.com/how…649

Download BBC iPlayer Kids 1.19.0.6 APK (uk.co.bbc.iplayer.kids) - ApkPlz
apkplz.com/and…oad

Sky Kids Apk Download latest version 4.3.1 - com.bskyb.skykids - APK Monk
apkmonk.com/app…ds/
How To Sideload Apps On Your Fire Tablet - Laptop Mag
laptopmag.com/art…pps
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions