Kindle Paperwhite and RB digital

Found 25th Jul
I’ve just purchased a paperwhite to replace my broken kindle fire. I haven’t used the ebook service from my local library before but have just looked into it and they use Rb digital which I unfortunately can not use for the paperwhite.
I’m not familiar with it, does anyone know if I can download books from it to a pc and put on my kindle or what borrowing service is available and compatible for the paperwhite?
Community Updates
6 Comments
I don't know if it will help in your case but a programme called Calibre has a function that converts diff formats straight to the kindle
Not answering your question as I never borrow from the library, but do you have Amazon Prime? If so you can borrow books and magazines for free from Amazon.
hottoast6 m ago

Not answering your question as I never borrow from the library, but do you …Not answering your question as I never borrow from the library, but do you have Amazon Prime? If so you can borrow books and magazines for free from Amazon.

Yes I have prime. I thought you could only borrow a limited amount but will look into that, thanks
It is a limited amount but still good. You need to find "Prime reading" on Amazon.

There is quite a big selection.

I think you can normally check out (loan) 10 items at a time.
I use RB digital but can't answer your question, though I would doubt it as you borrow the books. To do what you want would mean you remove their control from the book, effectively 'stealing' it. Have a look at Borrowbox. I'm not sure if that will work, but worth a go.
Kindle eReaders don't support the Adobe DRM that most libaries and eBook shops use, so they're restricted to DRM free books and Amazon purchases. It's worth considering returning the kindle and replacing it with a Kobo/PocketBook/Bookeen eReader, or another tablet like your fire.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants