Kindle query

Posted 2nd Dec
Wife has said that she would like a new kindle for xmas (don't know whats wrong with the other one mind you but hey ho) and would like sone users input on them rather than internet reviews.
It has to be kindle cos it needs to be simple and she subs to kindle unlimited.
Kindle she has is probably 6 years old and no light if that helps.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
new 10 inch i bought (vs old) has better sound via speakers, we've had every one of them since they started (bar the kids & more paper white) ...good for films, basic browsing.
Downpoint any larger than 8 inch no longer fits in a typical pocket.

Compared to old style 10" (which i've had 4 of) the touch screen go's screwy when connected to usb, ..over all he units I had, ..hasn't happened on the USB C of the new one.

Very familiar navigation, easy to transition between

Plus point omotron reinforced glass screen covers are cheap & good!
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 2nd Dec
If she uses it just to read books, then a new kindle is the way forward.

amazon.co.uk/Ama…44/

That is the latest version. It has a built in front light and as before the battery lasts weeks.

As it's an eInk screen it is like reading paper, so much nicer to look at than a tablet.

You can either pay the extra tenner and get the version without adverts, or once she has it, go online and talk to them and they will probably remove the adverts for free.
chrishamblin02/12/2019 13:07

If she uses it just to read books, then a new kindle is the way …If she uses it just to read books, then a new kindle is the way forward.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Kindle-Paperwhite-Waterproof-Twice-Storage/dp/B07747FR44/That is the latest version. It has a built in front light and as before the battery lasts weeks.As it's an eInk screen it is like reading paper, so much nicer to look at than a tablet. You can either pay the extra tenner and get the version without adverts, or once she has it, go online and talk to them and they will probably remove the adverts for free.

I got the same one for my wifes birthday in July. She loves it, says it is a lot better than her old one (the one with the keyboard). Its smaller, lighter and lot clearer.
A really buy now at £85.
oliviasgrandad02/12/2019 14:17

I got the same one for my wifes birthday in July. She loves it, says it …I got the same one for my wifes birthday in July. She loves it, says it is a lot better than her old one (the one with the keyboard). Its smaller, lighter and lot clearer. A really buy now at £85.

Are the special offers on it intrusive? I was looking at the blue colour one without the offers, but it not available at the mo..
Cheers guys, showed her the choices and she chose the £55 one.
malnuman02/12/2019 19:25

Are the special offers on it intrusive? I was looking at the blue colour …Are the special offers on it intrusive? I was looking at the blue colour one without the offers, but it not available at the mo..

No the ads are not intrusive at all. All we have seen are ads for other kindle books similar to what the wife has been reading and that is only on the lock screen and that goes when she swipes the screen. They dont appear at all while she is reading.
oliviasgrandad03/12/2019 09:01

No the ads are not intrusive at all. All we have seen are ads for other …No the ads are not intrusive at all. All we have seen are ads for other kindle books similar to what the wife has been reading and that is only on the lock screen and that goes when she swipes the screen. They dont appear at all while she is reading.

Thanks, that's good to know
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions