Kindle Unlimited- Charged £7.99 due to technical error.

Posted 6th Oct
I noticed that I had a charge of £7.99 on my TSB bank account listed as Kindle Unlimited- I don’t use the kindle app on any devices to read books - just can’t get used to it.

I checked my Amazon account and saw the charge - I emailed them saying that I did not recall subscribing to Kindle Unlimited and suggested that there may a technical issue.

They responded within minutes - please see below:

“I’m sorry to know that you’ve been charged for Kindle Unlimited Membership.

I checked and see that this is due to some technical error. I apologise for the inconvenience.

To make this right for you, I’ve cancelled your Kindle Unlimited Membership and issued a refund of £7.99 to your account.”

Am I the only person this has happened to?

It may be worthwhile checking if this has happened to you as well.(confused)
Community Updates

Groups

4 Comments
Check your emails and make sure you didn’t click on it, plenty of people do that with Prime not understanding they have signed up, not saying you have but if you don’t have an email its odd and may be an error. Amazon are great with refunding subscriptions in case of issues and I have seen them take the blame like this before. They won’t ever tell you what the technical error was though.
Thanks,

I’ve checked and I didn’t receive an email from them about a subscription to Kindle Unlimited.
I’ve never had an interest in reading books on a Kindle app.
I thought the issue may have been with TSB as I noticed several payments to Netflix had been charged to my TSB account last year - I’ve never had a Netflix account. TSB made enquires and refunded the money to my account.

I don’t know what sort of technical issue caused this to happen.

Just wanted to remind others that it’s worth checking your own bank statements now and again.
dtc33306/10/2019 12:47

Thanks, I’ve checked and I didn’t receive an email from them about a sub …Thanks, I’ve checked and I didn’t receive an email from them about a subscription to Kindle Unlimited. I’ve never had an interest in reading books on a Kindle app. I thought the issue may have been with TSB as I noticed several payments to Netflix had been charged to my TSB account last year - I’ve never had a Netflix account. TSB made enquires and refunded the money to my account. I don’t know what sort of technical issue caused this to happen. Just wanted to remind others that it’s worth checking your own bank statements now and again.

Two independent media subscriptions paid from same bank account but not authorised by the accountholder would have me either considering moving banks and/or considering who may have access to my bank account details and existing retail account logins.
AndyRoyd06/10/2019 13:20

Two independent media subscriptions paid from same bank account but not …Two independent media subscriptions paid from same bank account but not authorised by the accountholder would have me either considering moving banks and/or considering who may have access to my bank account details and existing retail account logins.

I guess you’re right. I’ll contact the TSB about this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants