kindle wont register

Found 6th Jan 2012
hi can someone tell me if you can block a kindle.

my daughters bought me a 2nd hand one for xmas,but it wont let me register,can download free books but thats it..
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Kindle
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Kindle
10 Comments
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

amazon can block ones that are reported stolen or it might still be … amazon can block ones that are reported stolen or it might still be registered with the first owner

its def deristered,but wont let me register,annoying as was looking forward to using it,grrr
summerof0763

its def deristered,but wont let me register,annoying as was looking … its def deristered,but wont let me register,annoying as was looking forward to using it,grrr

Try using Calibre
Banned
in what way wont it let you register?
Banned
Contact amazon customer service, there is a dial back service available, click help in the top right of the page on their site.
Original Poster
csiman

in what way wont it let you register?

wont let me register the no on it says i have to contact amazon,but not keen to,as dont know why it would be blocked
summerof0763

wont let me register the no on it says i have to contact amazon,but not … wont let me register the no on it says i have to contact amazon,but not keen to,as dont know why it would be blocked

You're not going to be able to resolve it without contacting amazon.
Banned
summerof0763

wont let me register the no on it says i have to contact amazon,but not … wont let me register the no on it says i have to contact amazon,but not keen to,as dont know why it would be blocked

why on earth wouldnt you want to contact amazon? (unless you bought it down the pub etc... )
Original Poster
csiman

why on earth wouldnt you want to contact amazon? (unless you bought it … why on earth wouldnt you want to contact amazon? (unless you bought it down the pub etc... )

no they never bought down pub,bought from gumtree but if its blocked i cant see amazon unblocking it for me,even though they bought in good faith.

amazon are more likely to want it back,then we lose out all round,suppose lesson is dont buy second hand eh!!
Banned
summerof0763

no they never bought down pub,bought from gumtree but if its blocked i … no they never bought down pub,bought from gumtree but if its blocked i cant see amazon unblocking it for me,even though they bought in good faith.amazon are more likely to want it back,then we lose out all round,suppose lesson is dont buy second hand eh!!

pointless having it anyway if you can only put free books on it
Banned
you can add books via pc if you get them elsewhere,,,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants