Kinect, formerly known as Project Natal....

Is any "hardcore" gamer actually considering buying this thing?

I own all three consoles, I play 360 the most and ps3 and wii not too often.

Anyway, I would consider myself a hardcore gamer and as an ex-wii enthusiast, the lack of "hardcore" games has really disappointed me and pushed me away from the wii.

Yea the games that are on it are heaps of joy to play but nothing so far has matched the satisfaction I get after hours of playing 24 multiplayer BFBC 2 online.

My point is, I see the Kinect as a massive gimmick, I can't care less for voice commands, I'm not interested with motion sensing (anymore) and I just see this whole thing as M$ and $ony playing catch up to the wii.

Any thoughts?

22 Comments

I can't see myself getting it.

They would have to ditch the family fun games, and get into the hardcore (oo eer) stuff.

Halo, crackdown, debbie does dallas

Banned

its not for the hardcore gamer

the casual, family, granny gamer is the growing and big market, look at the wii and the people who play it, they are not hardcore

what game is played by the most people each day? farmville, that is the future of gaming, mass market games a granny would play

Original Poster

Well I'm so glad to hear this from you guys too.

Jesus H Christ... I swear on my life. The last thing I would do is convert my Xbox 360 into a graphically enhanced Wii...

Seriously Microsoft. No thanks.

Banned

if only the 360 was remotely reliable and well made, they wouldnt have lost so much to nintendo
but they see nintendo's mass market and think they can steal some

if the 360 was made properly then it could be the place for proper games, and leave the wii to granny

The pricing makes no sense either, I believe you could pick up a used Wii for a similar sort of price. Two consoles is better than one hehe

If only it pumped out foam, I would get one:
youtube.com/wat…k1o

i thought it would be around £50-70 in which case i MAY have bought one. But if reports are to go by its gonna be around £100 or more! so its going to fail if over priced or fail on the games if its priced right. So its gonna fail unless some decent games use it well.

Maybe in a few years when the price has plummeted.

Supermod

jubbyme;8862749

its not for the hardcore gamerthe casual, family, granny gamer is the … its not for the hardcore gamerthe casual, family, granny gamer is the growing and big market, look at the wii and the people who play it, they are not hardcorewhat game is played by the most people each day? farmville, that is the future of gaming, mass market games a granny would play

...erm...no.

I currently only own a Nintendo Wii but I also have many retro consoles and I have been gaming for many years. So I disagree entirely.

I don't like looking like a Tw @t

so no:-D

All very gimmicky, Microsoft think this is the next big thing, think they have lost touch tbh...

and no, i have no plans to, seems like too much effort

i consider myself a hardcore gamer and will be buying one think it could be very good for certain games

Original Poster

PhearFactor;8862898

The pricing makes no sense either, I believe you could pick up a used Wii … The pricing makes no sense either, I believe you could pick up a used Wii for a similar sort of price. Two consoles is better than one heheIf only it pumped out foam, I would get one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1BHz7Ck1o

If only Simon Cowell had the opportunity to judge this....

"this is by far the most outrageously ludicrous gimmick I have ever seen in my entire life" I'm sure he will say something along those lines...

Anyway, I swear to god, I actually feel sick after watching that video. Microsoft should dream on if they think I'll be doing that in my bedroom.

They might follow on Nintendo's footsteps and make the biggest mistake in gaming history (again) by forgetting about their main fan base and the main hardcore audience... not people buying the console and 'kinect' for a cheap thrill.

I'm so angry right now, this is outrageous.

wow what a flop.

I hate these damn things..
When I play a game I want to sit on my backside with very limited arm movement.

Games were supposed to be fun not taxing..

Banned

mus_ne;8863840

Microsoft should dream on if they think I'll be doing that in my bedroom. … Microsoft should dream on if they think I'll be doing that in my bedroom. I'm so angry right now, this is outrageous.

I quoted the first bit because it's exactly not for the 'bedroom gamer'. It's for the family room, for the family to play and look silly playing.

I quoted the second bit because it was tragically funny. Is this the future of 'hardcore gaming'? No.

But it could be what the next gen Xbox has as standard, which will change the way we watch tv (possibly) with the gestures and interaction. The titles I've seen so far seem to take the dross on the Wii (wii fit, Just Dance) to the next level and actually look like they might work.

Banned

thrustmaster;8863904

I hate these damn things..When I play a game I want to sit on my backside … I hate these damn things..When I play a game I want to sit on my backside with very limited arm movement.Games were supposed to be fun not taxing..

When I want a burger I want ketchup - but I can fathom the concept of someone wanting mustard:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;8863912

When I want a burger I want ketchup - but I can fathom the concept of … When I want a burger I want ketchup - but I can fathom the concept of someone wanting mustard:thumbsup:

Seriously nobody should put mustard on a burger :-D
Point taken though :thumbsup:

]http//ww…12g
If only she did this in a bikini :whistling:

Damn she is ditzy..

Shame its gonna be used for dodgeball, and golf. I would love to play Leisure Suit Larry on it :w00t:

Since when did "hardcore" become synonymous with "conservative", with a sprinkling of "dull"? How does having an inventive control system invalidate the format? Is it just that if it isn't 15 year old tech, it isn't legitimate enough not to be sneered at?

How many gamers have the amount of space required for 'connect' it's aiming for the market covered by the WII.
So were talking £200 for the new xbox plus £130 for 'connect' it's cheaper to buy a WII

siwrath;8864509

How many gamers have the amount of space required for 'connect' it's … How many gamers have the amount of space required for 'connect' it's aiming for the market covered by the WII.So were talking £200 for the new xbox plus £130 for 'connect' it's cheaper to buy a WII

u dont need the new xbox to play it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764034
    2. PS4 Beta Software Version 534
    3. Pink Balls11
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963003

See more discussions