King Kenny Dalglish returns to Liverpool FC

Kenny Dalglish has returned to Liverpool to take up a senior role at the club's academy.

The Anfield legend, who won eight League titles in 14 years with the Reds as a player and manager, will also act as a club ambassador.

"We are delighted he has agreed to join us," recently appointed Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow told the club's website.

"I am sure he will be very successful in his new role back at the club."

Dalglish's arrival back at Anfield has been mooted for some time and comes during a summer in which manager Rafael Benitez has conducted sweeping changes behind the scenes.

After leaving Liverpool in February 1991, Dalglish had spells as manager of Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United before a stint as director of football at Celtic, who he left in 2000.

"In our very first meeting, Rafa and I agreed that we wanted to try to bring Kenny back to the club to help Rafa really drive forward our Academy which is at the heart of our plans for the future," said Purslow.

6 Comments

wont it be better to bring someone who just recently reited who the upcoming kids can relate to as they have seen them play.

Like Fowler,Barnes,Redknapp soon to be retired gerrard carragher.

Soon to be retired Gerrard & Carragher????

Welcome to 2015 everyone :w00t: lol

yeah 2015 not far away. I remember 1999/2000 in a nightclub for the millenium. 9 years passed since then in not time

delboyuk2005uk;5661305

yeah 2015 not far away. I remember 1999/2000 in a nightclub for the … yeah 2015 not far away. I remember 1999/2000 in a nightclub for the millenium. 9 years passed since then in not time

Very true. lol

Original Poster

Dalglish is right up there at the top of the list of best players to play for Liverpool. The younger players will still appreciate him. Also, Dalglish has experience of winning the league as a manager.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1516
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1212
    4. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929

See more discussions