Expired

Kingfisher Gift Vouchers

5 replies
Found 22nd Dec 2008
It appears that both B&Q and Comet have stopped accepting the Kingfisher gift vouchers that bear the names of those two businesses and that of Woolworths. This is a result of Woolworths going into administration. Woolworths has also supposedly stopped accepting these Kingfisher vouchers, but I had no trouble using one there today (and was given change in cash). It is suggested in a press release that the vouchers are returned to 'the issuer' but it is not clear whether than means KGV or some third party who may have issued vouchers, e.g. under an employee incentive scheme. I believe that vouchers issued by B&Q and Comet (with just the one company name on them) are still accepted there.

5 Comments

as far as i know comet and b+q dont accept these anymore, woolworths Still do, altho you had better be quick as all stores will be closed by 5th of jan, so if you have any get down to ur local store fast

screwfix accept them

Original Poster

I wasn't aware that Screwfix (although part of Kingfisher Group) had ever accepted these vouchers and am surprised to hear that it does. Best plan is probably to buy a cheapo choccy bar at Woolies with each voucher separately and get cash change!

woolies aren't accepting them either, they'll accept their own vouchers but not kingfisher ones.
its because the handling company (which is part of woolworths) has stopped paying them out.
there's approx £10m worth of them in circulation and the handling company (according to BBC last week) has said they will not honour them, which is why B&Q and comet won't take them either

Original Poster

wolf359;3840151

woolies aren't accepting them either, they'll accept their own vouchers … woolies aren't accepting them either, they'll accept their own vouchers but not kingfisher ones.its because the handling company (which is part of woolworths) has stopped paying them out.there's approx £10m worth of them in circulation and the handling company (according to BBC last week) has said they will not honour them, which is why B&Q and comet won't take them either

Not so, in my experience. Woolworths was certainly accepting Kingfisher vouchers yesterday and today and I unloaded my last three £10 vouchers today in three separate transactions, buying a cheap item each time and getting change in cash. Act quickly if you want to do the same, before local branches close.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.99
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769274
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247584
    4. £6 Promo Credit with £30 Gift Card Purchase @ Amazon22

See more discussions