Kingsize divan base with storage, no mattress

Found 31st Jul 2017
Anyone know where does reasonably cheap and decent quality divan bases without a mattress? I was going to order the Ikea Solvorn for £260 but it's out of stock and discontinued, so looking for an alternative.
Community Updates
4 Comments
Any bed shop will sell them. The mattress is what costs the real money.

Just google divan bases and loads of shops come up.
I dont know what is going on with Ikea, when we went up for a new bed a few months ago, only two mattresses were actually available to buy; the rest had to be ordered.
I didnt check out the frames, as there is nothing wrong with my 23 y/o Ikea frame, but it is a worry, especially as they seem to be switching away from the Euro size to Imperial - making it very difficult to find anything to fit stuff we bought decades ago.

I would suggest going back and looking at what Ikea ARE selling, and at underbed storage solutions; my experiences with divans with built in storage is of flimsy build quality.

I honestly expect my Ikea bed frame to last my lifetime.
Found these:

£170 Classic Divan Base - Mocha - click here
£319 Ottoman Storage Side Lift Divan Base - click here
£349.95 Ottoman Storage Bed Side Lift Opening - click here
£269.99 Premium 2 Drawer Divan Base - click here
£280 Deluxe 2 Drawer Base - click here
Original Poster
ThePasty

Any bed shop will sell them. The mattress is what costs the real … Any bed shop will sell them. The mattress is what costs the real money.Just google divan bases and loads of shops come up.

I've found plenty but I don't know what the quality will be like, I'd been to the Ikea store and was happy with the Solvorn (they had double but not king). I was wondering if anyone had one they were happy with, had bad bed frames before and they're not worth the hassle.

Gentle_Giant

I dont know what is going on with Ikea, when we went up for a new bed a … I dont know what is going on with Ikea, when we went up for a new bed a few months ago, only two mattresses were actually available to buy; the rest had to be ordered.I didnt check out the frames, as there is nothing wrong with my 23 y/o Ikea frame, but it is a worry, especially as they seem to be switching away from the Euro size to Imperial - making it very difficult to find anything to fit stuff we bought decades ago.I would suggest going back and looking at what Ikea ARE selling, and at underbed storage solutions; my experiences with divans with built in storage is of flimsy build quality.I honestly expect my Ikea bed frame to last my lifetime.

Probably is the space I have for the bed is almost exactly 150cm - the width of a king divan. All the frames I can find are bigger because the frames tend to be slightly larger than the mattress.
Edited by: "dean_brfc" 1st Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants