Groups

kitchen knive

Any good long lasting KITCHEN KNIVES SET folks? Please recommend something between £20-£40 . I will appreciate it.

8 Comments

beware of Kitchen Sabatier Knives, aparently many are made in the far east and of poor quality

cant recommend a brand but I think an all steel set rather than a wooden handle set are better as Ive found wooden handles will give over the years.

The more expensive Richardsons are great. Don't by argos Richardsons though as they are very poor.

amazon.co.uk/Ric…Y2M

Worth spending more as they will last a lifetime.

UBERC00L

beware of Kitchen Sabatier Knives, aparently many are made in the far … beware of Kitchen Sabatier Knives, aparently many are made in the far east and of poor quality

​Sabatier isn't actually a brand but infact a trademark based on manufacturing location and process, similar to champagne for example. they need to be fully forged steel. they used to be made in Thiers, France only but this has been relaxed over recent years so you can get Chinese made Sabatier.

Costco sell a superb set of Sabatier knives for £39.99. I have a set.

rhinopaul

cant recommend a brand but I think an all steel set rather than a wooden … cant recommend a brand but I think an all steel set rather than a wooden handle set are better as Ive found wooden handles will give over the years.

​they are also bad from a hygiene perspective

Original Poster

Thanks guys , brought a salter elegance 5 set knife which has good reviews in both argos (£22.99) and Rober dyas ( £16.99) + magnetic rack and miracle blades chef knife (£9.99) . All together £25.99 at Robert dyas . Used code:(RDRMM5)to get £5 off over £25. So paid £20.98 . Which I am happy with

Edited by: "shaon89ahmed" 7th May

If you don't want a knife block. Joseph Joseph in the outlet section of the website. They have a set of 3 elevate knife set for £18. Just recently purchased these myself

personally I've had a set of zyliss knives about 2 years and really like them. can get the set of 3 in tkmaxx regularly for about £15 and they come with blade covers so you can safely leave in a drawer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions