Found 4th Oct 2016
Hi,looking to drop4 speakers into ceiling when we gut kitchen soon,found some Pyle speakers i fancy but not sure of what amp to pair with them,4 to 8 ohm speakers,will run everything from phone or tablet oh n want some omph anyone done similar and can recommend? thank you in advance!

8 Comments

Depends on what type of speaker you're looking to power. What's the RMS watts rating and how loud do you want it ?

I've got Bose speakers in my kitchen and media room both powered by Denon amps. Connect a Bluetooth receiver to the amp RCA input and away you go.
I've got subwoofers in the ceiling too they're boxed and bolted across 4 joists this has a car yes car amplifier x2 with a wired remote control. All of this stuff is in a media cabinet/rack.

the best way is to make a box for speakers and make it air tight and put the speakers in that.

wire each speaker individually so you have control over each one.

hope this helps

cheaper option get a dock

Mikeygolfgt

I've got Bose speakers in my kitchen and media room both powered by Denon … I've got Bose speakers in my kitchen and media room both powered by Denon amps. Connect a Bluetooth receiver to the amp RCA input and away you go.I've got subwoofers in the ceiling too they're boxed and bolted across 4 joists this has a car yes car amplifier x2 with a wired remote control. All of this stuff is in a media cabinet/rack.the best way is to make a box for speakers and make it air tight and put the speakers in that.wire each speaker individually so you have control over each one.hope this helps

This. We have Bose speakers with a whole house automated system, the sound is amazing. 2 -6 speakers in each room (depending on size).

windym

This. We have Bose speakers with a whole house automated system, the … This. We have Bose speakers with a whole house automated system, the sound is amazing. 2 -6 speakers in each room (depending on size).

​it certainly does. what setup have you got? I've got 591's all round but might change to the 791's to get a richer sound as the components are bigger but might try with one room first and see how that pans out

Mikeygolfgt

​it certainly does. what setup have you got? I've got 591's all round but … ​it certainly does. what setup have you got? I've got 591's all round but might change to the 791's to get a richer sound as the components are bigger but might try with one room first and see how that pans out

We've got an Opus system for tv/audio. The speakers are all ceiling (flush) mounted.

Why not just hand a wireless speaker from the ceiling.

Original Poster

Thank you for the input people!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604824
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769552
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133

See more discussions