Kitchen Splashback options

Found 26th Feb
We’re making plans to refurbish our Kitchen.

We’re now investigating options for the splashback – not just behind the hob but the whole space between the top of the worktop and the wall units.

Currently have tiles but thinking of either Glass (painted), Gloss Acrylic sheet and/or Stainless Steel. I have no experience with using any of these so keen to hear anyone’s thoughts and experiences.They all look stunning in a showroom but how robust and practical are they to use in a family kitchen?

Are there any common problems with any of these – e.g. I’ve read some comments that stainless can be difficult to keep clean?

Anything else we should consider?

Grateful for any thoughts!
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Selkie board is what we’re about too use in kitchen it comes in a variety off colours and if you get tongue and groove there’s no joins !
Original Poster
andyanddiane33 m ago

Selkie board is what we’re about too use in kitchen it comes in a variety o …Selkie board is what we’re about too use in kitchen it comes in a variety off colours and if you get tongue and groove there’s no joins !

Thanks - downloaded the brochure and will have a look!
Bought our glass splashback from glaziers; they measured and fitted and were pretty reasonable
Original Poster
u66454126 m ago

Bought our glass splashback from glaziers; they measured and fitted and …Bought our glass splashback from glaziers; they measured and fitted and were pretty reasonable

Did you go for painted coloured glass? Toughened? Fitted with adhesive or screws?

Just started my research but at the moment I'm at around £300-400/m2 for glass and £120-140/m2 Acrylic.
Edited by: "Van1973" 26th Feb
You could always commission someone to make a bespoke fused glass panel.
Van19738 h, 0 m ago

Did you go for painted coloured glass? Toughened? Fitted with …Did you go for painted coloured glass? Toughened? Fitted with adhesive or screws?Just started my research but at the moment I'm at around £300-400/m2 for glass and £120-140/m2 Acrylic.

It’s coloured (RAL palette???), not sure whether its toughened or not and it’s fixed to the wall not with screws so assume it’s bonded/sealant
I would definitely avoid steel.
I'm thinking of a grey or bronze mirrored splashback, looks really good and quite unique a friend just had it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants