Kitchen tap replacement

Found 22nd Sep 2017
Hoping to come across someone who knows about replacing taps. I bought a kitchen mixer tap and it came with two flexible connectors that screw into the base of the tap.

My existing mixer tap does not have these flexible connectors but are connected by copper pipes alone.

My question is, can I fit the new tap using the existing copper pipes without connecting the flexible connectors
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
deleted1597344
Assuming the copper tails have the same size thread then yes it’s absolutely fine, and probably a better option as the flexi pipes can easily fail.
deleted159734422nd Sep 2017

Assuming the copper tails have the same size thread then yes it’s a …Assuming the copper tails have the same size thread then yes it’s absolutely fine, and probably a better option as the flexi pipes can easily fail.

That was the name I was looking for, copper tails. I did not know copper tails have a thread. I thought they were plug in with a rubber seal. I can't see how you would thread the copper tails as they are fixed
if your existing taps had a 1/2 connector on which is standard they will be female thread, as are the flexis that come with many modern mixers for this connection you need a hexagon nipple.
toolstation.com/sho…604
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants