Groups

kitten in the garden for past 2 days

We`ve got a kitten in the garden for the past two days, not sure what type of cat it is as i dont know anything about them!

if we go near it it runs away, so we gave it some milk and its been drinking that now and again..

anyone know what to do?

39 Comments

Dont give it cows milk! Ring the RSPCA and local vets could of been reported missing.

So cute!

Banned

see if it can run fast enough to go back in time and bring you some sports results?!

so cute at that age but then they grow up and start pissing in your garden and become pains!!

http://i34.tinypic.com/xl02t4.jpg
    Looks like a bloody gremlin

Banned

print off some notes and put through neighbours doors

Don't give it milk! Cats are massively Lactose intolerant! they like it but it makes them ill!

Tbh that cat looks bloody ugly

That's one gorgeous bundle of fluff!

Poor little thing, you should ask around your neighbours to see if it belongs to anybody, doubtful though as at that age, it shouldn't be allowed out.

If you can't find it's owner, you need to call the RSPCA who will come out and get it.

Please don't just leave it, if it is lost / stray it is too young to fend for itself!
    Edited by: "kimbyanne" 15th Aug 2010

Throw a bucket of water over it, def wont come back into your garden,problem solved.

aww thats such a cute kitten, i'd love to have a cat as a pet

If you feed the kitten only give water and kitten food, they eat small amounts often. If you sit or stoop quitely and fairly still near to the kitten and put your hand out it should eventually come to you and let you soothe it, kittens really need interaction, even more than adult cats. As others have suggested ask around your neighbours and if no joy call the rspca or cat protection league. It should not be out at that age, way too young.
    Whereabouts are you?
    Edited by: "caz1cool" 15th Aug 2010

keep it !

Original Poster

asked around the neighbourhood but can`t seem to find the owner.

Rang up RSPCA but their closed so will give them a ring again tomo, im in Leicester.

here's the number for cat protection

Leicester & District

Tel: 0116 2881318

Leicester is fairly close to me. Gonna have to try and talk hubby into adopting this kitten, don't think I'll have much luck though, we already have two!

caz1cool

here's the number for cat protectionLeicester & DistrictTel: 0116 … here's the number for cat protectionLeicester & DistrictTel: 0116 2881318Leicester is fairly close to me. Gonna have to try and talk hubby into adopting this kitten, don't think I'll have much luck though, we already have two!

What if its already owned by someone and has escaped or something?

lol, I wouldn't steal someone's kitten!
    This kitten has been out in the ops garden on more than one occasion though, so it has either escaped and is living on it's own or it's been abandoned or possibly a wild cat?
    Either way its too young to be fending for itself, op has asked all the neighbours and not found an owner so really the next step is cat protection or rspca

dh058977

What if its already owned by someone and has escaped or something?

What a load of rubbish, you obviously don't have a cat if so you would know that its dogs who have owners, cats have staff

harlzter

What a load of rubbish, you obviously don't have a cat if so you would … What a load of rubbish, you obviously don't have a cat if so you would know that its dogs who have owners, cats have staff

Very true! Our two defo rule our roost

True but it has only been there for 2 days. Still very possible that its gone missing and the owner cant find it. Like you say its way too young to be out and its obviously too young to have a collar or anything.
    I dont think the very next step is the rspca just yet though. Two days isnt that long, who is to say how far it could have walked etc? asking the immediate neighbours may not be enough.
    End of the day though like you say it cant fend for itself so something needs to be done.

harlzter

What a load of rubbish, you obviously don't have a cat if so you would … What a load of rubbish, you obviously don't have a cat if so you would know that its dogs who have owners, cats have staff

Before i moved away to uni and was living with the parents i had three dogs and a british short hair cat, i now have 2 kittens myself. So yeah i do have cats, always have.
    Edited by: "dh058977" 15th Aug 2010

caz1cool

Very true! Our two defo rule our roost

We only have the one, I was never a cat person but we was asked to look after him for a short while 2 years ago while the previous staff found a home following eviction.............yep he's still here, a number of factors worked in his favour
    1) Sympathy vote as he was born with 3 legs, 2) He was born next door the day we moved in to this house so it seamed like fate brought him to us,

He's great though, mind you we also have 1 rabbit (not ann summers) 2 dogs and six chickens. So animal lovers in general. PLus hopefully a couple of rats and ferrets if I can get her indoors to see they really are nice pets!

dh058977

Before i moved away to uni and was living with the parents i had three … Before i moved away to uni and was living with the parents i had three dogs and a british short hair cat, i now have 2 kittens myself. So yeah i do have cats, always have.

LOL it was said in jest that cats dont have owners but staff

dh058977

End of the day though like you say it cant fend for itself so something … End of the day though like you say it cant fend for itself so something needs to be done.

Knowing me I would cave in and home him myself

harlzter

We only have the one, I was never a cat person but we was asked to look … We only have the one, I was never a cat person but we was asked to look after him for a short while 2 years ago while the previous staff found a home following eviction.............yep he's still here, a number of factors worked in his favour1) Sympathy vote as he was born with 3 legs, 2) He was born next door the day we moved in to this house so it seamed like fate brought him to us,He's great though, mind you we also have 1 rabbit (not ann summers) 2 dogs and six chickens. So animal lovers in general. PLus hopefully a couple of rats and ferrets if I can get her indoors to see they really are nice pets!

Since i left my parents place they have got some chickens! My mother also runs a pet sitting business across hampshire so we used to look after other dogs and little animals. She only runs the business and does the paperwork now, all the other people look after the pets!

harlzter

I know! lol but i love animals so dont mind naming mine once in a while!

harlzter

Years ago cats were worshipped as Gods; Cats have never forgotten this!

1st you need to catch the lil ****, then - as he looks a youngun stuff him with mint and slap him on 200 degrees for the first half hour (this singes the fur and crispens the skin), then 150 for another hour.

Serve with Mash and gravy. Done.

Any news?

I feel sorry for the poor thing. It is too young to be out alone.

If I was anywhere near you, I would have offered to look after it until the RSPCA could come out.
    Edited by: "kimbyanne" 15th Aug 2010

Found another from the same litter

harlzter

Looks like a bloody gremlin

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/gremlin.jpg

LOL leave the thing alone, not his fault he is ugly.

Take it inside and wait until someone reports a cat missing or asks around, if they don't at least you've given it a good place.

We found these two expensive cats in our greenhouse once, and we were sure they hadn't moved for about a week, one was very thin, so we took in and kept them for about a week, next thing we know the next door neighbors sent out leaflet saying their cats were missing, it was funny but they lived next to us for a good year and we never knew they had cats so they must of treated them like ****.

Ask around the neighbourhood if anyone has lost it or perhaps its ferral and mum for some reason has abandoned it or got killed.
    Cats protection league are very good. We had 9 ferral kittens born in our garden. When they were old enough we took them to CPL and just kept one. Whilst it was born ferral and mum is still a ferral cat he is the best pet cat I have ever had. He's on the settee now a bit fed up a I moved him off my lap to use my netbook.
    Cat protection League will never put a cat to sleep unless it is in pain and a vet recommends it. I would always go to them in future if I ever wanted another cat.

i'll take it in!!!!!

ham82

i'll take it in!!!!!

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRFUidTO3RUc5dK7n4-TeOZiFlS4Q9FdkZP-5lCTY2R-ISaRgH0g&t=1[/img]

haha, only just noticed, it was at the top of my list so thought it was new!

If its running away from you it may be feral and its mum might have either died or abandoned it. I would keep feeding it if none of neighbours know who it belongs to. The Cats Protection League are usually happy to take feral kittens. Our cat was a feral kitten five years ago and is by far the most loveable cat I have ever had.

Goofeys Girl

If its running away from you it may be feral and its mum might have … If its running away from you it may be feral and its mum might have either died or abandoned it. I would keep feeding it if none of neighbours know who it belongs to. The Cats Protection League are usually happy to take feral kittens. Our cat was a feral kitten five years ago and is by far the most loveable cat I have ever had.

our cat was a stray too, it started living in our old garage with a hole for 2 weeks before we let it inside. It was already house trained and the best cat I know! Wont attack your face and knows limits of "play"
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32203
      2. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30390
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1639
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …77132

See more discussions