Kitten with sores to her ears. Help/advice

Posted 5th Oct
Does anyone know reasons why a kitten I am looking to adopt would have sores/scabs to the tips of her ears? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated
3304988.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I agree with the flea infestation part or guess the cat could have ear mites and the sores are caused by it scratching its ears or are the result of scratching from previous ear mites. If it’s from a rescue centre I would think that whatever it is would now be under control.
15 Comments
Previous flea infestation maybe
Visit a vet, end of discussion !
Fleas or allergic reaction to something.

Vets can provide a cream for it.
I think that this is a question I'd be asking the vets (or at the very least a cat owners forum) rather than HUKD.
furbars05/10/2019 17:59

Visit a vet, end of discussion !

She is currently with the RSPCA where we are adopting her for but not spoke to the vet directly. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thank you for your input though
cmdr_elito05/10/2019 18:01

Fleas or allergic reaction to something.Vets can provide a cream for it.

They have been using a cream which has helped from what they have told me but I’m just curious to know what it could be as they are not even 100% at the RSPCA
justonemore05/10/2019 18:11

She is currently with the RSPCA where we are adopting her for but not …She is currently with the RSPCA where we are adopting her for but not spoke to the vet directly. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thank you for your input though

What does the RSPCA say about it, surely they'd have their own vets?
I agree with the flea infestation part or guess the cat could have ear mites and the sores are caused by it scratching its ears or are the result of scratching from previous ear mites. If it’s from a rescue centre I would think that whatever it is would now be under control.
XSerenityX05/10/2019 18:13

I agree with the flea infestation part or guess the cat could have ear …I agree with the flea infestation part or guess the cat could have ear mites and the sores are caused by it scratching its ears or are the result of scratching from previous ear mites. If it’s from a rescue centre I would think that whatever it is would now be under control.

Absolutely spot on.
Haircut_10005/10/2019 18:12

What does the RSPCA say about it, surely they'd have their own vets?

They have not give a definitive, only a couple of ideas which didn’t seem possible. One being when she was with her brother that he was suckling in them and the other being she may have burnt them but in her pen area I didn’t see anything like an exposed pipe....

I agree with the flea infestation part or guess the cat could have ear …I agree with the flea infestation part or guess the cat could have ear mites and the sores are caused by it scratching its ears or are the result of scratching from previous ear mites. If it’s from a rescue centre I would think that whatever it is would now be under control.

I would of thought this as well but she has been under the care of the RSPCA for sometime. When I visited her last week she seemed fine then the next day was told that the vet picked up on something. Visited her today and she seems well and good spirit. Not once over the course of an hour did she scratch her ears

Before offering her for rehoming. X
Leave it and get a decent one.
They will advise you then a vet would have looked at her for sure, we got our cat from the RSPCA they always give them a good "MOT" before they let them go to their forever home .
Hope kitty is okay, cats are awesome (I am a previous cat owner but it's not something I recognise, so I'm not much help). Keep us posted x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants