Klarna, Try Clothes on at Home Before You Buy. Good Idea or Bad?

Found 19th JanEdited by:"MSK."
Possibly old news to everyone but me, saw today when I was shopping some shops have the option where you can try clothes on at home before you buy them.

It appears you shop like normal, but when you check you don't pay. It says that it's not credit checked either.

You have 30 days to then send them back or pay.

Upsides, you are not out of pocket for trying clothes on. Like when you buy two of the same item, so see which fits them have to return one.

Downsides I have found so far is that if you pay late, it will be marked on your credit file. And that things you buy aren't covered by the Section 75 credit act protection.

Klarna Website: klarna.com/uk/…pdf

ASOS terms: asosplc.com/~/m…pdf

Topshop terms: topshop.com/en/…RNA

What do you think. Would you rather not have to pay anything up front? Or would you rather stump up the cash, so there is no risk to your credit file?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
What about the people who will use it for a night out on the town and return them
20 Comments
Personally, I think it's a good idea.
I've lost count at how much money I have wasted buying stuff that either doesn't fit or just looks awful on me!
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 19th Jan
Don't see the point may as well pay upfront Shirley ?
What about the people who will use it for a night out on the town and return them
summerof761 m ago

What about the people who will use it for a night out on the town and …What about the people who will use it for a night out on the town and return them

True. Hadn't thought of those devious people!
Don't folks do that anyway ? especially women , order loads of stuff then return most of it ? They would love to be a size 18 so order that size as well as a 20 and 22 to actually get something that fits .
Edited by: "rogparki" 19th Jan
summerof767 m ago

What about the people who will use it for a night out on the town and …What about the people who will use it for a night out on the town and return them

I wonder if they do it with underwear, have a nice clean pair everyday and bulk return them at the end of the month.

Bit useless for me, I'm a man, medium if I'm happy with myself Large if I've had a big weekend.
chuckiedoll35 m ago

Personally, I think it's a good idea.I've lost count at how much money I …Personally, I think it's a good idea.I've lost count at how much money I have wasted buying stuff that either doesn't fit or just looks awful on me!

Don't you ever return stuff? I rarely buy clothes online. But the last two or three times I have given up and started buying two sizes of every item, then sending back the ill fitting one.

I didn't today though, because the order was quite big. I didn't really want to be that much out of pocket.
summerof7632 m ago

Wife ordered a pair of shoes online from major shoe chain, picked them up in store and said to the girl she was going to open them and try them on to save her having to come back to return them. Opened the box and there was a smell, someone had been sick on them put them back in the box and returned them, no one had even checked the return, lucky she opened them in the shop, staff couldn’t believe it but said returns worn was common.
Wongy11034 m ago

Don't see the point may as well pay upfront Shirley ?

I sort of felt that too, until today. See the above comment.

Ordinary I wouldn't because I don't like shops that do credit checks. This doesn't. But then you still have the risk of a credit blackspot if something go wrong with the return, I guess?
summerof7635 m ago

A real risk I am sure.

eslick3 m ago

Wife ordered a pair of shoes online from major shoe chain, picked them up …Wife ordered a pair of shoes online from major shoe chain, picked them up in store and said to the girl she was going to open them and try them on to save her having to come back to return them. Opened the box and there was a smell, someone had been sick on them put them back in the box and returned them, no one had even checked the return, lucky she opened them in the shop, staff couldn’t believe it but said returns worn was common.

I've have pre-worn drunk accident shoes sent to me by Schuh before. It's so icky They were sale shoes though. I don't know if that's where I went wrong!
rogparki32 m ago

Don't folks do that anyway ? especially women , order loads of stuff then …Don't folks do that anyway ? especially women , order loads of stuff then return most of it ? They would love to be a size 18 so order that size as well as a 20 and 22 to actually get something that fits .

Guilty. But I try it on once, like you would in a shop. I don't wear it down the pub vaping, with my golf shoes

Isn't there a word for it? I've forgotten the word...
catbeans31 m ago

I wonder if they do it with underwear, have a nice clean pair everyday and …I wonder if they do it with underwear, have a nice clean pair everyday and bulk return them at the end of the month. Bit useless for me, I'm a man, medium if I'm happy with myself Large if I've had a big weekend.

I think underwear is usually excluded from returns
Perhaps I'm mistaken (it has been known -I think 2003 was the last time ) but rumour has it folks (mainly women) wanting -say- a dress order 5 or 6 in different colours, sizes then - wear the one/s that fit then return the lot .

No problem with that - but that's why stuff costs more - its the way of the modern world . Us blokes don't have that problem - if it more or less fits ,its fine (we measure ourselves with a tape measure - not with hope !) and we don't have to worry about whether it'll match our lipstick
MSK.43 m ago

Don't you ever return stuff? I rarely buy clothes online. But the last …Don't you ever return stuff? I rarely buy clothes online. But the last two or three times I have given up and started buying two sizes of every item, then sending back the ill fitting one.I didn't today though, because the order was quite big. I didn't really want to be that much out of pocket.

Nope. Usually seems too much hassle to return so end up taking the loss and selling on elsewhere.
MSK.40 m ago

I think underwear is usually excluded from returns

That's a shame, guess I'll have to go commando and bulk return jeans instead
rogparki38 m ago

Perhaps I'm mistaken (it has been known -I think 2003 was the last time ) …Perhaps I'm mistaken (it has been known -I think 2003 was the last time ) but rumour has it folks (mainly women) wanting -say- a dress order 5 or 6 in different colours, sizes then - wear the one/s that fit then return the lot . No problem with that - but that's why stuff costs more - its the way of the modern world . Us blokes don't have that problem - if it more or less fits ,its fine (we measure ourselves with a tape measure - not with hope !) and we don't have to worry about whether it'll match our lipstick

Yes, yes, I see you are trying to make it a sex war. I'm sure if you're missus was walking around in ill fitting clothes (do you a have misssus?) you would be the first one to call her a slob. But it's a real problem.

The trouble with that is vanity sizing. It would be easy if sizes didn't vary from one shop to another, depending who they think their typical customer is.

Then you have the Primark problem, where everything is cut on Eastern patterns which are not the same as European ones.

Why is it may I ask then dear sir, that men's clothes are more expensive anyway?
chuckiedoll11 m ago

Nope. Usually seems too much hassle to return so end up taking the loss …Nope. Usually seems too much hassle to return so end up taking the loss and selling on elsewhere.

I thought it would be, but it's less hassle that shoving something on ebay. Can send it back in the same packing, usually with a choice of returns labels. The waiting for the refund is a bit tedious. But probably realistically doesn't take any longer than selling it on ebay either.

So far anyway. I haven't had any problems yet.
catbeans9 m ago

That's a shame, guess I'll have to go commando and bulk return jeans …That's a shame, guess I'll have to go commando and bulk return jeans instead

Oh. Dear. God. I didn't think this through. They didn't think this though. You really have the gift for forsight!
MSK.22 m ago

Yes, yes, I see you are trying to make it a sex war. I'm sure if you're …Yes, yes, I see you are trying to make it a sex war. I'm sure if you're missus was walking around in ill fitting clothes (do you a have misssus?) you would be the first one to call her a slob. But it's a real problem.The trouble with that is vanity sizing. It would be easy if sizes didn't vary from one shop to another, depending who they think their typical customer is.Then you have the Primark problem, where everything is cut on Eastern patterns which are not the same as European ones.Why is it may I ask then dear sir, that men's clothes are more expensive anyway?

Yes I've read that too - vanity sizing ( no missus ) but as I'm a gentleman I'll always lose in any sex war . Blokes have problems too but we don't have to order 10 different shirts to prove it .

Not sure about lasses blouses but - take blokes shirts , I know my chest size , but do they know my tummy size ? Do they even ask ? or care

So us blokes (who don't have the sculptured body ) have to make do , loose round the chest or tight round the gut - we get on with it If I ordered 10 shirts I doubt if I'd find one that fitted properly so we make do .

I hope I don't sound sexist but if I have tummy ,chest size problems it must be a nightmare for Ladies who have boob ,stomach and butt sizes to take into account . At least ladies can buy maternity wear (not available to blokes ).
rogparki2 m ago

Yes I've read that too - vanity sizing ( no missus ) but as I'm a …Yes I've read that too - vanity sizing ( no missus ) but as I'm a gentleman I'll always lose in any sex war . Blokes have problems too but we don't have to order 10 different shirts to prove it .Not sure about lasses blouses but - take blokes shirts , I know my chest size , but do they know my tummy size ? Do they even ask ? or care So us blokes (who don't have the sculptured body ) have to make do , loose round the chest or tight round the gut - we get on with it If I ordered 10 shirts I doubt if I'd find one that fitted properly so we make do .I hope I don't sound sexist but if I have tummy ,chest size problems it must be a nightmare for Ladies who have boob ,stomach and butt sizes to take into account . At least ladies can buy maternity wear (not available to blokes ).

Bless you exagerating heart
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants