Groups

Knackered the wifes Iphone!!!

Just dropped the wifes iphone, it's not insured and I hae no interest in commiting insurance fraud.

It seems that it's just the screen thats broke, LCD and touch screen both still work.
    How much am I looking a for a repair (not apple or o2), anyone done self repair,looked at them on the web as straightforward as they look?

TIA

16 Comments

Banned

Deal extreme sell screens I think (from memory.)

Dont think it'll arrive in time to avoid your murder though! :w00t:

ouch!!!!

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8675010

I know of someone on another forum who replaces the screen for £30

The AV one? Can you point me in the direction?

Original Poster

guv;8675013

Deal extreme sell screens I think (from memory.)Dont think it'll arrive … Deal extreme sell screens I think (from memory.)Dont think it'll arrive in time to avoid your murder though! :w00t:

shanecr;8675014

ouch!!!!

Thats why I buy cheapy phones, I go through 2 or 3 phones a year.
    She's raging never seen her this pee'd off

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;8675027

Thats why I buy cheapy phones, I go through 2 or 3 phones a year. She's … Thats why I buy cheapy phones, I go through 2 or 3 phones a year. She's raging never seen her this pee'd off

you seem good with your hands paddy,i here glasgow celtic are looking for a new goalkeeper..........go on apply cant be any worse than boruc;-)

You can get it fixed, or rather replaced by Apple. Although I'm sure it's about £80-£90.

Book it into your local Apple store.

Original Poster

RFC;8675048

you seem good with your hands paddy,i here glasgow celtic are looking for … you seem good with your hands paddy,i here glasgow celtic are looking for a new goalkeeper..........go on apply cant be any worse than boruc;-)

I'll have to believe you on that I don't follow the little leagues:whistling:.

Original Poster

W1zz;8675053

You can get it fixed, or rather replaced by Apple. Although I'm sure it's … You can get it fixed, or rather replaced by Apple. Although I'm sure it's about £80-£90.Book it into your local Apple store.

Wouldn't pay them that. Thanks though

Original Poster

Spod;8675068

Once its fixed you could buy her one of … Once its fixed you could buy her one of these:http://www.firebox.com/product/2602/iBand-d3o-iPhone-Protector?via=ser

It's about the 1st time I've ever touched the thing. Was playing on Angry birds. She'll not have one of them as it'll not be girly enough.

Just doing a bit more reading and it looks like Apple charge closer to £200 to replace the screen.

You may want to look at 3rd party companies to do it, as some will replace it for about £50. But make sure you do the research on them before sending off you phone.

You could also DIY using kits off ebay for £15

appleiphonereview.com/new…ss/

Original Poster

W1zz;8675115

Just doing a bit more reading and it looks like Apple charge closer to … Just doing a bit more reading and it looks like Apple charge closer to £200 to replace the screen.You may want to look at 3rd party companies to do it, as some will replace it for about £50. But make sure you do the research on them before sending off you phone.You could also DIY using kits off ebay for £15http://www.appleiphonereview.com/news-opinion/iphone-cracked-glass/

I was looking at the DIY option, just wondered if anyone on here had done one.
    (ooh 7501 posts)

Original Poster

sorted £37 same day service at a phone shop in Newcastle. I'm out the dog house (for now)

Was gonna say now stay away from Angry Birds but it's a great little game, so addictive!! lol

Original Poster

davidn84;8688588

Was gonna say now stay away from Angry Birds but it's a great little … Was gonna say now stay away from Angry Birds but it's a great little game, so addictive!! lol

I'll just get it for my itouch, don't want my bird angry again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114448
      2. word association Game73844440
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543731
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1528

See more discussions