Knee brace

Posted 12th Nov
Hello I need help basically I need a knee brace.. that has a system that enables person walk more easy and go up steps.. I suffer from limb girdle muscular dystrophy. My thigh muscles have wasted alot and NHS won't help.. my knees give way sometimes and I drop to the floor very quickly.. I have looked at braces but prices are silly.. start from 10 pounds to over a hundred.. What I really want is if someone who has been through simular problems to get in touch.. thanks and am sorry for making you all read a long essay... lol..
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
A brace that works for one person, might cause further damage to another. Seeking medical advice on a retail deals forum probably isn't wise.

As per the NHS website:

As different types of MD can cause quite specific problems, the treatment you receive will be tailored to your needs. As your symptoms develop, the healthcare professionals treating you will advise on the options.
5 Comments
The only ones that were any good 20+ years ago cost nearer £500 ..things are damned simple by comparison.
Some very good affordable braces that are worth shelling out for compared to the ignomy of face-plants.
A brace that works for one person, might cause further damage to another. Seeking medical advice on a retail deals forum probably isn't wise.

As per the NHS website:

As different types of MD can cause quite specific problems, the treatment you receive will be tailored to your needs. As your symptoms develop, the healthcare professionals treating you will advise on the options.
adam_holcombe12/11/2019 16:12

A brace that works for one person, might cause further damage to another. …A brace that works for one person, might cause further damage to another. Seeking medical advice on a retail deals forum probably isn't wise. As per the NHS website:As different types of MD can cause quite specific problems, the treatment you receive will be tailored to your needs. As your symptoms develop, the healthcare professionals treating you will advise on the options.

They just don't help told them my knees give way over ten years ago... they sent me to physio and I ended up with a clutch stick to support me but when I fall it does not stop me...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants