Knife sharpeners

Found 16th Jul
Can anybody recommend one, I'm thinking about either the ruixin pro or the lansky deluxe - but anything else considered

Must be able to make the knife razor sharp (literally)

Thanks to you all
Community Updates
6 Comments
kester761 h, 30 m ago

This isn't associated with your post about Amazon employees (devil), have just begun teaching myself whittling (honest)
Edited by: "vicious_sid" 17th Jul
I've got one of these: ebay.co.uk/itm…458

Although I'm sure I paid a lot less than £18!

It sharpens all my knifes and takes up no room at all.
Bigfootpete8 h, 22 m ago

I've got one of these: …I've got one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pocket-Sized-Swiss-Knife-Sharpener-/252283863458Although I'm sure I paid a lot less than £18!It sharpens all my knifes and takes up no room at all.

I'll take a look elsewhere, that one is OS, it could be awkward as I don't use Amazon
Just be careful if you don’t know what you are doing you can ruin the knife, can’t comment on what you are looking at as I would use and oil stone and steel. How sharp you get will depend on the knife, the current state of the blade, you might even need to grind it and re edge it first.
eslick13 h, 19 m ago

Just be careful if you don’t know what you are doing you can ruin the k …Just be careful if you don’t know what you are doing you can ruin the knife, can’t comment on what you are looking at as I would use and oil stone and steel. How sharp you get will depend on the knife, the current state of the blade, you might even need to grind it and re edge it first.

I'm currently "restoring" a whetstone that I've been given, using sandpaper and elbow grease.
TBH i didn't know anything about sharpening knives until.recemtly, but after a series of YouTube vids and internet articles I've realised that it's a very contentious subject.
I have dragged an old steel out of the back of a drawer, and also bought a carbide sharpener ( bad move) and am in the process of learning how to sharpen on old and previously forgotten knives.
Practice will make perfect (hopefully).

I initially.had the idea to try whittling, but the sharpening process is becoming quite the obsession
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants