Groups

Knocking a pigeon over etiquettte

so today I knocked a pigeon over (not on purpose), traffic dictated I couldn't stop/pull over, should I have done when safe and gone back to it? Or am I going to hell in my sleep because I left it (so sorry pigeon lovers) Asking because I feel a little guilty and for future reference.

40 Comments

rats with wings

If there was traffic it was probably minced pigeon by the time you could have got back.

done the same when i was younger straight over it didnt run over it with tyres but it obviously tried to fly up when under the car

poooooooooooooooooooooooof

looked in rear mirror to see a load of feathers going in the air was funny at time but felt guilty 10 mins later

Banned

no, its a wild animal, no one owns it, you dont have any legal responsibility

what could you have done? kiss of life?
    dont worry about it, driving in the country brings all kinds of bunnies and foxes which are even worse to worry about!

just imagine it was a HUKD forum poster or two in pigeon form

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;8808109

done the same when i was younger straight over it didnt run over it with … done the same when i was younger straight over it didnt run over it with tyres but it obviously tried to fly up when under the carpooooooooooooooooooooooooflooked in rear mirror to see a load of feathers going in the air was funny at time but felt guilty 10 mins later

same as what happened today

jubbyme;8808113

no, its a wild animal, no one owns it, you dont have any legal … no, its a wild animal, no one owns it, you dont have any legal responsibilitywhat could you have done? kiss of life? dont worry about it, driving in the country brings all kinds of bunnies and foxes which are even worse to worry about!

are you mocking me?

Original Poster

jubbyme;8808113

no, its a wild animal, no one owns it, you dont have any legal … no, its a wild animal, no one owns it, you dont have any legal responsibilitywhat could you have done? kiss of life? dont worry about it, driving in the country brings all kinds of bunnies and foxes which are even worse to worry about![COLOR="Red"]just imagine it was a HUKD forum poster or two in pigeon form[/COLOR]

I have no malice for anyone on here :thumbsup:

Banned

michelleleemoo;8808130

are you mocking me?

no, im just saying there was nothing you could have done, going back you would have seen what the next lot of cars had done, it was finished off for sure

You can't have been aiming for it......you're female......so would've missed and clipped the curb :whistling:

Banned

michelleleemoo;8808132

I have no malice for anyone on here :thumbsup:

I think i shall escape this thread though...

Just be thankful it wasnt a badger. Those animals are built like tanks

There is no legal requirement to report a road accident involving a wild animal to the police; however, accidents involving pigs, cattle, goats, sheep, horses and dogs need to be reported.

Original Poster

jubbyme;8808145

no, im just saying there was nothing you could have done, going back you … no, im just saying there was nothing you could have done, going back you would have seen what the next lot of cars had done, it was finished off for sure

yr right it just its my first time :oops: if they stopped eating junk food they'd get off the ground a bit quicker :-D

Train Driver;8808151

You can't have been aiming for it......you're female......so would've … You can't have been aiming for it......you're female......so would've missed and clipped the curb :whistling:

i'll clip you in a minute

Original Poster

imafish2002;8808163

Just be thankful it wasnt a badger. Those animals are built like tanks

I know, did you see my badger thread (serious) :-D

peodude;8808174

There is no legal requirement to report a road accident involving a wild … There is no legal requirement to report a road accident involving a wild animal to the police; however, accidents involving pigs, cattle, goats, sheep, horses and dogs need to be reported.

your going to hell either way

if anything you should probably have gone and run it over again to make sure it didn't suffer and die slowly

Train Driver;8808151

You can't have been aiming for it......you're female......so would've … You can't have been aiming for it......you're female......so would've missed and clipped the curb :whistling:

haha and kudos to that lol

So it poo'd on your car and you then killed it?.seems fair to me :thumbsup:

Original Poster

coerce86;8808192

your going to hell either way XDif anything you should probably have gone … your going to hell either way XDif anything you should probably have gone and run it over again to make sure it didn't suffer and die slowlyhaha and kudos to that lol

cheers :roll:

transit;8808199

So it poo'd on your car and you then killed it?.seems fair to me … So it poo'd on your car and you then killed it?.seems fair to me :thumbsup:

yes i had a Falling Down episode :-D

michelleleemoo;8808188

Nope

Original Poster

peodude;8808222

Nope

that surprises me :thumbsup:

it hit one last week in the works van, i was doing 50 - 60mph it turned and looked at me then lift off, playing chicken with a van.... he lost.
    when i got to my next drop it was stuck in the grill, pretty dead

Original Poster

wickedteen;8808238

it hit one last week in the works van, i was doing 50 - 60mph it turned … it hit one last week in the works van, i was doing 50 - 60mph it turned and looked at me then lift off, playing chicken with a van.... he lost.when i got to my next drop it was stuck in the grill, pretty dead

eeeeeew

It's probably in a sandwich by now. Move on.

it was tasty, the wing get stuck in your throat

Original Poster

thesaint;8808315

It's probably in a sandwich by now. Move on.

I'm not distraught I just feel a bit odd about it

you should have gone back and stamped on it

Original Poster

wickedteen;8808345

you should have gone back and stamped on it

would it class as a large letter or a packet :-D

michelleleemoo;8808330

I'm not distraught I just feel a bit odd about it

Say three hail mary's and come see me tomorrow.

Original Poster

thesaint;8808399

Say three hail mary's and come see me tomorrow.

what and then go home and repent my sins forever :w00t:

it was better that you hit the pigeon then you try and swerve to avoid it and have a crash. no one likes pigeons anyway, lol

michelleleemoo;8808413

what and then go home and repent my sins forever :w00t:

You wouldn't! Would you?

missp27;8808470

it was better that you hit the pigeon then you try and swerve to avoid it … it was better that you hit the pigeon then you try and swerve to avoid it and have a crash. no one likes pigeons anyway, lol

They're not too bad if marinated over nigfht and cooked on a BBQ.

Original Poster

missp27;8808470

it was better that you hit the pigeon then you try and swerve to avoid it … it was better that you hit the pigeon then you try and swerve to avoid it and have a crash. no one likes pigeons anyway, lol

not a chance in my new pap pap :-D

Shame you couldn't have reversed over it, love the sound of exploding pigeon's in the morning

jamstaruk1972;8808109

done the same when i was younger straight over it didnt run over it with … done the same when i was younger straight over it didnt run over it with tyres but it obviously tried to fly up when under the carpooooooooooooooooooooooooflooked in rear mirror to see a load of feathers going in the air was funny at time but felt guilty 10 mins later

Was it a gay pigeon?
    (sorry)

Done the same, and laughed for about 20 minutes.

Was it Speckled Jim! :-D

http://bluurb.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/general_melchett.jpg

almost took out a hedgehog this morning

wickedteen;8811646

almost took out a hedgehog this morning

How did you manage to miss? Better luck on the return journey:whistling:

1 Blackbird
    2 Spuggys
    1 Pheasant (dead on impact, but I got out and booted the little git, wasn't amused with it)
    1 Red Squirrel :cry:

Personally amazed I haven't hit more. Been close to hitting a deer that ran straight across me. Looked in the mirror and another 5 or 6 followed it. 2 seconds later would have been a total mess.

These are all on the same road as well! Never been close anywhere else (and I'm not aiming for them!).

jubbyme;8814004

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spuggy2 ginger people? :?

Sorry, spuggies, not spuggys.

Sparrows btw.

xcookx;8813903

1 Blackbird2 Spuggys1 Pheasant (dead on impact, but I got out and booted … 1 Blackbird2 Spuggys1 Pheasant (dead on impact, but I got out and booted the little git, wasn't amused with it)1 Red Squirrel :cry:Personally amazed I haven't hit more. Been close to hitting a deer that ran straight across me. Looked in the mirror and another 5 or 6 followed it. 2 seconds later would have been a total mess.These are all on the same road as well! Never been close anywhere else (and I'm not aiming for them!).

so you got your road kill for this weekends bbq
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3441247
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2024
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1532
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1830

See more discussions