Groups

Know how to get WPA-2 on the EEE PC 4G (need it for uni network)

Does anyone know if i can get it on without having to install Ubunto (think spelt right)? Can explain or give any details if necessary.

7 Comments

Ubuntu.

Have you tried simply selecting WPA and putting the key in and seeing if that connects?

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;3142065

Ubuntu.Have you tried simply selecting WPA and putting the key in and … Ubuntu.Have you tried simply selecting WPA and putting the key in and seeing if that connects?

the tech guy tried it and didnt work, there no add-on i can put on? Also where i get the special version of Ubuntu?

Original Poster

soupy;3143436

Try … Try this:http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=20&model=Eee+PC+4G(701)&id=20080123161323906&page=1&SLanguage=en-usHope it helps

Almost does... it wont let me open the file to edit and i stopped all the wireless networks apps and processes (that might be using it) but didnt help have you tried this and know how to make it open?

thanks

Original Poster

I got to edit the file i found some messed up admin file but it just doesnt seem to connect not sure if i edited it wrong or something will carry on reading up and try find it but atm it say it doesnt have certification (it has had the certificate stuff added so dont know why not), I have started downloading the ubuntu (uni connection is nice and quick and can stick it on a memory stick later ) but wondered is there any way to reverse it to xandros or w/e it is when i come to sell it?

btw about to rep if i have not already (thanks)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991054
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1016
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions