kodi 17.0 not working???

5 replies
Found 12th Feb
I have Kodi 17.0 installed on my android sony tv
Before i uninstalled it my problem was that the screen just froze on the loading screen (kodi 17.0 krypton screen)
Friends advised i uninstall it and start again (i was so hoping this would work) now all i get is:
The 1st time app is running it loads the bar at the bottom (running first time installation) it then crashes and takes me back to the TVs home menu
I then re enter the app and the whole screen is black and i let it run for 10-15 minutes still the same.
I have un-installed and re-installed 5 times all with the same result
Also 1-2 times cleared cache and forced stop etc still nothing.......any one with experience or a similar problem know a fix?

HUGE thanks

1. Ask
  2. Kodi
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Kodi
5 Comments

seems like it didn't install correctly the first time so now in a loop.
it does work ok on the Sony tv as that's what I have.
first of all uninstall Kodi again then
Try logging into the tv via ftp or using the es file Explorer app on the tv and delete any reference to Kodi.
you will need to look through the folders for the Kodi folder look in Android/data and you should have a org.Xbox.Kodi folder delete that and then try installing Kodi again.
Edited by: "stefromuk" 12th Feb

try spmc, its a kodi fork which is supposed to be optimised for android.. or, try ogmc which is another fork with an build installer included.. ogmc.ml

You can sideload Kodi 16.1 to your Sony TV then you ain't got no more problems, or do what others are doing and jump ship to SPMC. To stop Kodi crashing all the time System/settings/Video/Acceleration
imgur.com/a/T…UcJ
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 13th Feb

Original Poster

Thanks for your help guys
I was going to delete this post as i got it working but some one else may run in to the same problem i had so i will leave it up.....
After installing and un-installing on the 6th time it worked and the new look is amazing
Also first time using install wizzard/ tv addons and oh boy have i seen the light, i was installing them all separately "/ never again!!!
Thanks all

willyzippy89

Thanks for your help guys I was going to delete this post as i got it … Thanks for your help guys I was going to delete this post as i got it working but some one else may run in to the same problem i had so i will leave it up.....After installing and un-installing on the 6th time it worked and the new look is amazing Also first time using install wizzard/ tv addons and oh boy have i seen the light, i was installing them all separately "/ never again!!! Thanks all

​I wouldn't put too much junk on there though as tv addons will add more than you actually want...
and the Sony Android tv's aren't the fastest for handling Kodi.
I installed the modded version of the default skin which allows you more customisation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold1011
    2. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…66
    3. disneyland paris tickets22
    4. Android pay set up56

See more discussions