Kodi app not opening Arrgghhhh

Found 16th Sep 2015
I'm new to the android box and yesterday my kodi app will not open ,it just says preparing for first run and goes back to the home screen ,i have tried clearing the cache and watched a you tube video saying do a force stop any suggestions thanks

1. Ask
  2. App
  3. Kodi
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. App
  3. Kodi
17 Comments

Reinstall it.

Original Poster

Don't know how ?

The uninstall option should be at the same place as force stop. Unless it's installed as a system application.

Which box is it?

kracker69

Don't know how ?

play store, uninstall, then re install. ive found 14.2 helix as the most stable. you can download individual versions as the one from playstore will auto update to the newest version, which is not always a good thing.

EN1GMA

play store, uninstall, then re install. ive found 14.2 helix as the most … play store, uninstall, then re install. ive found 14.2 helix as the most stable. you can download individual versions as the one from playstore will auto update to the newest version, which is not always a good thing.

You can disable auto updates in the play store. I always do

kracker69

Don't know how ?

tbh, if you dont even know how to reinstall an app, then kodi is going to be a nightmare for you.

rev6

You can disable auto updates in the play store. I always do

aye, that's what I do. only got a few apps on the box so easy to manually update. im waiting for 15 to stabalise. not sure why they so rushing to get Jarvis out?

EN1GMA

aye, that's what I do. only got a few apps on the box so easy to manually … aye, that's what I do. only got a few apps on the box so easy to manually update. im waiting for 15 to stabalise. not sure why they so rushing to get Jarvis out?

I guess it's just the development cycle. On Helix myself.

EN1GMA

aye, that's what I do. only got a few apps on the box so easy to manually … aye, that's what I do. only got a few apps on the box so easy to manually update. im waiting for 15 to stabalise. not sure why they so rushing to get Jarvis out?

what problems did you have with kodi 15.2? The only problems I have is occasional lockouts and a very minor audio sync problem which I corrected in the default sync options once.

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply guys with a bit of advice here and youtube i updated my google play store i installed kodi 15.2 but for some reason the app comes up and loads but does not show the video,program,music system screen i have uninstalled kodi and retry later ,the box i have is a Quadro M8HL Thanks

kracker69

Thanks for the reply guys with a bit of advice here and youtube i updated … Thanks for the reply guys with a bit of advice here and youtube i updated my google play store i installed kodi 15.2 but for some reason the app comes up and loads but does not show the video,program,music system screen i have uninstalled kodi and retry later ,the box i have is a Quadro M8HL Thanks

Use the web browser on the box and go here http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-android/
Download that version it comes with most of the best addons your video, music, programs.
Its either that or you will have to install the addons seperately.

Original Poster

SilverBlack

Use the web browser on the box and go here … Use the web browser on the box and go here http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-android/Download that version it comes with most of the best addons your video, music, programs.Its either that or you will have to install the addons seperately.

Thanks very much done exactly and now up and running again looks a bit different but liking the new look seems quicker as well thanks for all the reply's folks (_;)

chocci

what problems did you have with kodi 15.2? The only problems I have is … what problems did you have with kodi 15.2? The only problems I have is occasional lockouts and a very minor audio sync problem which I corrected in the default sync options once.

I just found it abit laggy. 14,2 helix is just smoother imo and just works so I see no need to change up. I'll probably change up to 15 when all/any issues have been ironed out but again, I don't think it has features I want/need so again, no point upgrading.

kracker69

Thanks very much done exactly and now up and running again looks a bit … Thanks very much done exactly and now up and running again looks a bit different but liking the new look seems quicker as well thanks for all the reply's folks (_;)

kodi has become so easy these days due to some amazing people making some quality builds, already and set up for end users. I find some of them abit overkill but for someone starting out, it takes away the hassle of the initial set up.

Point to note if you use the Backup / restore facility. Spent countless hours trying to work out why my brother kept restoring only to lose all the changes he had made to aeon nox etc

turns out backup doesnt restore the user interface settings so make sure you copy the guisettings.xml file to the kodi userdata folder from the backup userdata folder after doing a restore!

As much as I love kodi, its pretty dire when it comes to live football streaming. Tried all the main addons and their channels for last nights champions league and most didnt work or were old VHS tape quality at best. Pretty understandable now kodi is becoming ever popular and it was the champions league.

Might have to investigate paid IPTV.......

any recommendations for monthly payment plans?
Edited by: "chocci" 17th Sep 2015

chocci

Point to note if you use the Backup / restore facility. Spent countless … Point to note if you use the Backup / restore facility. Spent countless hours trying to work out why my brother kept restoring only to lose all the changes he had made to aeon nox etcturns out backup doesnt restore the user interface settings so make sure you copy the guisettings.xml file to the kodi userdata folder from the backup userdata folder after doing a restore!As much as I love kodi, its pretty dire when it comes to live football streaming. Tried all the main addons and their channels for last nights champions league and most didnt work or were old VHS tape quality at best. Pretty understandable now kodi is becoming ever popular and it was the champions league.Might have to investigate paid IPTV.......any recommendations for monthly payment plans?

what about when you just C/P the folder into another device? ive not lost settings when ive done that and didn't have to copy guisettings or anything.

I use Ruya for my sports. paid add on with all the sports channels inc 3pm games!! in HD!! first few weeks were ropey but they found out that someone had been hacking the server. since that's been sorted, its been perfect mate. sometimes been watching on various channels via ruya all day and apart from the odd buffer its streams perfectly.

EN1GMA

what about when you just C/P the folder into another device? ive not lost … what about when you just C/P the folder into another device? ive not lost settings when ive done that and didn't have to copy guisettings or anything.I use Ruya for my sports. paid add on with all the sports channels inc 3pm games!! in HD!! first few weeks were ropey but they found out that someone had been hacking the server. since that's been sorted, its been perfect mate. sometimes been watching on various channels via ruya all day and apart from the odd buffer its streams perfectly.

copying the entire userdata folder will work too

thanks for ruya tip - will check it out if its not too pricey
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions