kodi freesat

Found 23rd Sep 2015

New to kodi, Xbmc etc. I'm looking at replacing my sky box with one. However still want to watch live to without having to constantly stream it. Are there any android boxes that have a freesat tuner built in? Would the integration be seemless? I don't want to have to swap over from a freesat box to an android box?

Community Updates
does your tv have 2 hdmi slots? if so just two boxes and switch using av button on tv remote.. near seemless. or look at iptv and skybox/openbox.
new Sony tvs have android for running kodi, and some have sat tuners. you could do away with external boxes altogether.

software is a bit buggy on them just now though.
Original Poster
Nah prefer to just have one seemless box, any got any experience of kodi with a to tuner?
You can connect a usb tuner to something like a raspberry pi and connect it to your Kodi unit using TVheadend - have a read of this blog.kingj.net/201…is/ , it is DVB-T but would work with a satellite tuner also. You used to be able to connect a dreambox running enigma 2 a while ago for satellite channels. Not sure if this still works, maybe have a google.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants