Kodi on fire tv stick advice needed please. Spintz tv pro?

Edited by:"LeahsMintytoutou"Found 2nd Jan
Hey all and a Happy New year
I have a fire stick which I havnt used in months and lastnight I thought it put it on and look but none of the movie apps on there would work. So I'm guessing they all pretty much dead.
i have Spintz tv build on there,
i was going to upgrade to the latest build but thought I'd ask is this any good/ working still or is there better?

im looking for something that's just quick and easy to update/ install and hoping a can do it without the need for fireingup my slow laptop... thanks for your help guys

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
36 Comments

Download terrarium on your phone (android), yatse and voila play via kodi

You need to sideload Movie/tv apk's. Use MegaBox HD Lite (that apk doesn't require you to use a mouse toggle). For other apk's like Show Box you need to use mouse toggle click. PM me and I will give you a links of fully working apk's that work on the AFS. Don't bother with terrarium, there's other apks that are better.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 2nd Jan

I was using builds but I prefer to just load repos I did with good movies rather than having a build on

Seems to work better for me

RiverDragon826 m ago

You need to sideload Movie/tv apk's. Use MegaBox HD Lite (that apk doesn't …You need to sideload Movie/tv apk's. Use MegaBox HD Lite (that apk doesn't require you to use a mouse toggle). For other apk's like Show Box you need to use mouse toggle click. PM me and I will give you a links of fully working apk's that work on the AFS. Don't bother with terrarium, there's other apks that are better.

what is better than terrarium?

Original Poster

mattsk1 h, 2 m ago

Download terrarium on your phone (android), yatse and voila play via kodi

Not heard of terrarium I'll google it

Original Poster

ashmac38 m ago

I was using builds but I prefer to just load repos I did with good movies …I was using builds but I prefer to just load repos I did with good movies rather than having a build on Seems to work better for me

Hey what repos you using?
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 2nd Jan

Hadn't used mine in a while and most the stuff didn't work or wouldn't update so removed and updated kodi to a newer build and reloaded a new build , everything works now

Original Poster

Bradleigh2 m ago

Hadn't used mine in a while and most the stuff didn't work or wouldn't …Hadn't used mine in a while and most the stuff didn't work or wouldn't update so removed and updated kodi to a newer build and reloaded a new build , everything works now

What build did u install please

Get a £25 android TV box and forget all this sideloading

Cartoon HD, showbox, terrarium, kodi all work perfectly on my 2 year old m8s box.
Edited by: "chocci" 2nd Jan

chocci1 h, 30 m ago

Get a £25 android TV box and forget all this sideloadingCartoon HD, …Get a £25 android TV box and forget all this sideloadingCartoon HD, showbox, terrarium, kodi all work perfectly on my 2 year old m8s box.

Why spend money when you don't need to, sideloading takes a couple of minutes and in my opinion can be easier than installing apps on an android box which aren't in the play store.

Original Poster

jezwillmar1 h, 41 m ago

Install krypton 17.6 then …Install krypton 17.6 then http://whyingo.org/how-to-install-no-limits-magic-build-kodi-17-krypton/

Ok now this is what I have done (went on your link to get the builds but I don't like the no limits build so I went with spinz tv all went fine till the last 2 steps came up with an error. Did it twice, same thing. So then I uninstalled spinz and followed steps for the cellar door build and this won't do anything past a certain point in setup. I'm getting peed off with it can I just swipe it and start again? How if so?

Did you install the latest Kodi 17.6? If you're only wanting movies and TV shows then I would just sideload terrarium and not bother with Kodi at all.

Original Poster

Yeah updated to latest kodi. 17.6 that all went fine . I don't understand the terrarium thing at all. Watched the vid named above but it went over my head

Original Poster

Skaman3 m ago

Did you install the latest Kodi 17.6? If you're only wanting movies and TV …Did you install the latest Kodi 17.6? If you're only wanting movies and TV shows then I would just sideload terrarium and not bother with Kodi at all.

Yeah updated to latest kodi. 17.6 that all went fine . I don't understand the terrarium thing at all. Watched the vid named above but it went over my head

Skaman24 m ago

Why spend money when you don't need to, sideloading takes a couple of …Why spend money when you don't need to, sideloading takes a couple of minutes and in my opinion can be easier than installing apps on an android box which aren't in the play store.

Well, the op can't even get terrarium installed which takes 15 seconds on my android box

It just saves so much hassle in the long term.

Original Poster

Wohooo done it lol it just popped up and carried on. For some reason just took ages to goto next step... did a lil dance and my daughter said "what arrrre you doing?

RiverDragon85 h, 6 m ago

You need to sideload Movie/tv apk's. Use MegaBox HD Lite (that apk doesn't …You need to sideload Movie/tv apk's. Use MegaBox HD Lite (that apk doesn't require you to use a mouse toggle). For other apk's like Show Box you need to use mouse toggle click. PM me and I will give you a links of fully working apk's that work on the AFS. Don't bother with terrarium, there's other apks that are better.

Noticed your comment about the APK links. Look up an app called "Apktime" :).

cecilmcroberts4 m ago

Noticed your comment about the APK links. Look up an app called "Apktime" …Noticed your comment about the APK links. Look up an app called "Apktime" :).

I only use movie apk's that are ad-free.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 2nd Jan

Original Poster

RiverDragon814 m ago

I'm sorry I didn't go with the one you suggested as the mouse toggle thing scared me off lol. I've installed cellar door all all looks like working fine. I don't suppose you know a free vpn or low cost one to use with cellar door on kodi firestick?

Original Poster

chocci3 h, 14 m ago

Get a £25 android TV box and forget all this sideloadingCartoon HD, …Get a £25 android TV box and forget all this sideloadingCartoon HD, showbox, terrarium, kodi all work perfectly on my 2 year old m8s box.

Sorry just re read your comment... you have a 2 year old friend!? lol couldn't resist I'm just being silly lol x

LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 53 m ago

LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 53 m ago

I'm on kodi version 17.4 (krypton)
Build is No limits I believe
Haven't bothered updating kodi to a higher version yet as the one I'm on is stable and doesn't freeze all the time

RiverDragon837 m ago

The app is just a collection of apk's just saves time in case you need to sideload. It also includes adfree versions of apps like you say. Just find it handy rather than loading via other methods.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 2nd Jan

cecilmcroberts1 h, 10 m ago

The app is just a collection of apk's just saves time in case you need to …The app is just a collection of apk's just saves time in case you need to sideload. It also includes adfree versions of apps like you say. Just find it handy rather than loading via other methods.

Just checked it out and it's pretty good for device like the AFS. I didn't think they would've the ad-free version of the apk's.

Does anyone use a real debrid account?
Edited by: "snoopy18" 2nd Jan

Terrarium is all You need, kodi is on its last legs now personally.

Original Poster

psxpirate2k33 m ago

Terrarium is all You need, kodi is on its last legs now personally.

Can i get a free vpn to use with this or a cheap one? I installed everything for cellar door kodi build. All looked good but wouldn't play anything. Going to try from scratch and do the terrarium thing

Nordvpn has a good deal on at the minute with 5 connections for $79, just use downloader to install it, kodi is good but you have to constantly update the build and a lot of the links are dead where terrarium links works nearly all the time mate

Original Poster

chocci2nd Jan

Well, the op can't even get terrarium installed which takes 15 seconds on …Well, the op can't even get terrarium installed which takes 15 seconds on my android boxIt just saves so much hassle in the long term.

Just thought id let you know I watched a different vid from a guy called dimitrology on YouTube and it was super easy to do terrariumand works great now just need to find a free vpn, don't suppose u know of any? Or any that are cheap
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 4th Jan

LeahsMintytoutou13 h, 23 m ago

Just thought id let you know I watched a different vid from a guy called …Just thought id let you know I watched a different vid from a guy called dimitrology on YouTube and it was super easy and works great now just need to find a free vpn, don't suppose u know of any? Or any that are cheap

Unfortunately not as I don't need a vpn on my android box

Original Poster

chocci2 h, 7 m ago

Unfortunately not as I don't need a vpn on my android box

Hey good morning, Why don't you need one?

Original Poster

psxpirate2k319 h, 46 m ago

Nordvpn has a good deal on at the minute with 5 connections for $79, just …Nordvpn has a good deal on at the minute with 5 connections for $79, just use downloader to install it, kodi is good but you have to constantly update the build and a lot of the links are dead where terrarium links works nearly all the time mate

Shish that's abit more then I was hoping to pay. I only use the thing once in a while on one tv so I don't want to pay that much. Think I'd rather not use it then pay that. Thanks for the advice on terrarium. I couldn't do it before but found a vid on YouTube from dimitrology (funny guy)that was super easy to follow so I have gone with that now. Works great too

LeahsMintytoutou20 h, 19 m ago

Hey good morning, Why don't you need one?

No idea but terrarium, kodi (exodus etc) all work fine without a vpn {isp is bt)

Original Poster

chocci43 m ago

No idea but terrarium, kodi (exodus etc) all work fine without a vpn {isp …No idea but terrarium, kodi (exodus etc) all work fine without a vpn {isp is bt)

Ah ok thanks... I want one to avoid a fine. I'll have to have a dig around online for one. Thanks anyway

LeahsMintytoutou11 m ago

Ah ok thanks... I want one to avoid a fine. I'll have to have a dig around …Ah ok thanks... I want one to avoid a fine. I'll have to have a dig around online for one. Thanks anyway

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for streaming then? Is it even a criminal offence yet? From what I last read, all you'll get is a few cease and desist letters from your isp and that's if they even notice.
Fact (federation against copyright theft) statement ;-

As far as TV or movies are concerned, Fact says no one in Britain has ever been fined or prosecuted for illegally streaming content. Fact explained: “When it comes to catching those involved in piracy, it is not our strategy to prosecute the end user [peoplestreaming films at home].
Edited by: "chocci" 5th Jan

Original Poster

chocci35 m ago

Has anyone ever been prosecuted for streaming then? Is it even a criminal …Has anyone ever been prosecuted for streaming then? Is it even a criminal offence yet? From what I last read, all you'll get is a few cease and desist letters from your isp and that's if they even notice.Fact (federation against copyright theft) statement ;-As far as TV or movies are concerned, Fact says no one in Britain has ever been fined or prosecuted for illegally streaming content. Fact explained: “When it comes to catching those involved in piracy, it is not our strategy to prosecute the end user [peoplestreaming films at home].

I'm not sure, I think it's isps that have cut people's internet service off and then fined them. That's what I've heard which scared me off watching a favourite show of mine. I'm getting ready for work so don't have time to check if fines have happened but I was under the impression bans and fines have and sellers of boxes have been prosecuted but I may be wrong.

LeahsMintytoutou18 m ago

I'm not sure, I think it's isps that have cut people's internet service …I'm not sure, I think it's isps that have cut people's internet service off and then fined them. That's what I've heard which scared me off watching a favourite show of mine. I'm getting ready for work so don't have time to check if fines have happened but I was under the impression bans and fines have and sellers of boxes have been prosecuted but I may be wrong.

Sellers of preloaded boxes have been prosecuted but end users haven't. Isps try not to get involved and definitely haven't fined anyone. Worst you'll get is a letter to stop so I wouldn't bother with a paid vpn until you get a letter (highly unlikely)

ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml

Jan 17:-

The UK’s major ISPs are this week set to start sending “educational letters” to customers who have been using their connection to access films, TV shows and music illegally, as part of a government campaign to crack down on piracy.

The ISPs won’t monitor customers’ activities themselves, but will instead rely on data from anti-piracy firm MarkMonitor.

The measures have been a long time coming, and it shows. Having initially been agreed back in 2014, the system will only apply to P2P file-sharing, soThe UK’s major ISPs are this week set to start sending “educational letters” to customers who have been using their connection to access films, TV shows and music illegally, as part of a government campaign to crack down on piracy.

The ISPs won’t monitor customers’ activities themselves, but will instead rely on data from anti-piracy firm MarkMonitor.

The measures have been a long time coming, and it shows. Having initially been agreed back in 2014, the system will only apply to P2P file-sharing, so any customers exclusively using illegal streaming services won’t be targeted.

Edited by: "chocci" 5th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants