Found 14th Apr
Hi all,

I purchased an LG 49" 4K smart TV yesterday. I was hoping I could get kodi installed but Webos isn't so user friendly
Can I use an android box to have kodi running?
If so any specific brands or models to look at??

I have kodi on my iPad Air 2. If I use a Chromecast on my Tele will I be able cast kodi??

Thanks.

12 Comments

Get the new fire stick

Out of the Smart TV systems I think Kodi only offer their app in the Android TV store, not Firefox/WebOS/Tizen or one of the others, so that's Sony and Philips TVs.

Boxes are entirely separate from the TV's smart system so your TV has no bearing on what they offer. I guess Android TV boxes would have it, I'm not familiar with that market so I don't know what else has.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Out of the Smart TV systems I think Kodi only offer their app in the … Out of the Smart TV systems I think Kodi only offer their app in the Android TV store, not Firefox/WebOS/Tizen or one of the others, so that's Sony and Philips TVs.Boxes are entirely separate from the TV's smart system so your TV has no bearing on what they offer. I guess Android TV boxes would have it, I'm not familiar with that market so I don't know what else has.

Yes you are correct. It's only on tv s like Sony n Philips who run on android OS support kodi.. Most android boxes are having kodi installed on them so thought I'll buy one but wanted some advice prior to purchase.

You can get IPTV on WebOS, There is an app called siptv

I'm not familiar with Kodi on an ipad, I take it there isn't a function to cast it to another device from the ipad?

If not, I have an Amazon fire stick that I put Kodi on (very simple and quick, lots of information online) and that works great on my LG. I am not sure why people buy devices with Kodi already installed, it's really as simple as downloading an app. Then installing the repos that you want.

Original Poster

Rusty82

I'm not familiar with Kodi on an ipad, I take it there isn't a function … I'm not familiar with Kodi on an ipad, I take it there isn't a function to cast it to another device from the ipad? If not, I have an Amazon fire stick that I put Kodi on (very simple and quick, lots of information online) and that works great on my LG. I am not sure why people buy devices with Kodi already installed, it's really as simple as downloading an app. Then installing the repos that you want.

Thanks. Just wondering if I use a Chromecast that would solve the issue?

vassy4u

Thanks. Just wondering if I use a Chromecast that would solve the issue?

​Not sure how you would use the chromecast? It is used to stream too, but if your TV is smart then you wouldn't need a chromecast. If you are looking to stream does that mean that kodi on your ipad has the function to cast?

Original Poster

Rusty82

​Not sure how you would use the chromecast? It is used to stream too, but … ​Not sure how you would use the chromecast? It is used to stream too, but if your TV is smart then you wouldn't need a chromecast. If you are looking to stream does that mean that kodi on your ipad has the function to cast?

I'm using an app to cast from iPad to tv (but not kodi). Ordered an android box. Will use that for kodi. Thanks for help.

vassy4u

I'm using an app to cast from iPad to tv (but not kodi). Ordered an … I'm using an app to cast from iPad to tv (but not kodi). Ordered an android box. Will use that for kodi. Thanks for help.

​No worries. Hope it works OK for you.

Original Poster

Rusty82

​No worries. Hope it works OK for you.

Just got everything set up and watching Logan

vassy4u

Just got everything set up and watching Logan

Nice, is it a decent copy? 1080p?

Original Poster

Rusty82

Nice, is it a decent copy? 1080p?

Yes a decent one
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions