Kodi or dedicated IPTV box?

Found 6th Aug 2017
Curious to get into IPTV and was wondering mainly which route would be better to go down?

I've heard mixed reviews and that the MAG boxes for a dedicated IPTV player is just out of date now and that Kodi would be the better option.

I was considering the Nvidia Shield but apparently when using Kodi/Android TV it simply emulates the STB resulting in a far less stable experience? I'm not really too sure.

I'm after a decent device, budget of around £100 or so. Something fast and stable would be grand.

I don't really want to get the cheap Amlogic boxes as I've had a few fail on me so would rather spend the dosh and get something solid.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

I use the iptv app built into my smart tv, more convenient

I use various different android boxes, Theory is that because they're android there are dozens of various different apps that work for iptv, including kodi, stb emulators. My favourite IPTV app atm is Perfect player, Just link my providers m3u file and EPG :).

I've never had an android box fail as of yet. Shield is probably overkill but if that's what you like I'd go for that.

I've never been a fan of kodi either myself, I find it much simpler with a dedicated app, You can also use showbox, mobdro, Catch up apps like iplayer etc..

I've also got Smart iptv player app on my Samsung TV, That's good too but only now+next on the epg.

Original Poster

shauneco12 h, 32 m ago

I use various different android boxes, Theory is that because they're …I use various different android boxes, Theory is that because they're android there are dozens of various different apps that work for iptv, including kodi, stb emulators. My favourite IPTV app atm is Perfect player, Just link my providers m3u file and EPG :).I've never had an android box fail as of yet. Shield is probably overkill but if that's what you like I'd go for that.I've never been a fan of kodi either myself, I find it much simpler with a dedicated app, You can also use showbox, mobdro, Catch up apps like iplayer etc.. I've also got Smart iptv player app on my Samsung TV, That's good too but only now+next on the epg.

Cool, thank-you, I may give it a look.

Do you mind sharing who you sub to?

M0nk3h9 h, 12 m ago

Cool, thank-you, I may give it a look.Do you mind sharing who you sub to?

Ace hosting, just Google you will find them. Really good so far.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 7th Aug 2017

Also use the app on my tv, I have a sports iptv subscription with that and it works great!

Kodi, good for movies and tv shows. Rubbish for live sports. Never reliable. I was in your position few months ago. Returned a horrible android box and got myself a second hand Amazon box and installed kodi.
Edited by: "akuar" 16th Aug 2017

You haven't tried an paid add-on on then? I watch hd buffer free football every match with out fail

tomdavidrichards5 h, 39 m ago

You haven't tried an paid add-on on then? I watch hd buffer free football …You haven't tried an paid add-on on then? I watch hd buffer free football every match with out fail

Who with tia

Original Poster

akuar11 h, 12 m ago

Kodi, good for movies and tv shows. Rubbish for live sports. Never …Kodi, good for movies and tv shows. Rubbish for live sports. Never reliable. I was in your position few months ago. Returned a horrible android box and got myself a second hand Amazon box and installed kodi.

I guess there's been a miscommunication haha. Are you meaning via IPTV or general plugins as I'm talking about using Kodi for paid IPTV sources.

M0nk3h20 m ago

I guess there's been a miscommunication haha. Are you meaning via IPTV or …I guess there's been a miscommunication haha. Are you meaning via IPTV or general plugins as I'm talking about using Kodi for paid IPTV sources.

Sorry fella. Didn't use iptv. Would like to, as I'm heading the sports viewing is more reliable
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants