kodi skin problems

Found 14th Aug 2015
I updated to kodi isengard and none of the skins are working properly other than confluence. I can access all the home page menus but there is no navigation buttons to get back so I have to keep switching it off to change back to confluence. Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have a fix for this as its a bit annoying now.
Community Updates
AskMovieKodi
22 Comments
Uninstall and try again? Install an older build 14.2 for example.
Original Poster
itsdavidjones1984

Uninstall and try again? Install an older build 14.2 for example.

Tried completely removing kodi from my htpc in case it was a bug but still the same even with helix and don't really want to go back to any older versions
Well, not all newer versions will be compatible with all skins. I use 14.2 helix with a community build on my fire stick. It runs like a dream
Original Poster
itsdavidjones1984

Well, not all newer versions will be compatible with all skins. I use … Well, not all newer versions will be compatible with all skins. I use 14.2 helix with a community build on my fire stick. It runs like a dream

I am aware not all skins will be compatible but none work other than confluence.
So use confluence?????
Original Poster
Burkos

So use confluence?????

Seriously, if I wanted to use confluence I wouldn't have posted asking advice, if you don't know how to help keep your smart **** answers to yourself.
RabS1

Seriously, if I wanted to use confluence I wouldn't have posted asking … Seriously, if I wanted to use confluence I wouldn't have posted asking advice, if you don't know how to help keep your smart **** answers to yourself.

​I use helix and there's at least 15 skins in u@e official repo that all work fine.
so it seems like a problem with your installation .
what device is it? I would format and re download and that should sort things
Original Poster
stefromuk

​I use helix and there's at least 15 skins in u@e official repo that all w … ​I use helix and there's at least 15 skins in u@e official repo that all work fine. so it seems like a problem with your installation .what device is it? I would format and re download and that should sort things

It's on my htpc I completely removed it with revo uninstaller in case there was any old files causing it but it's still happening will try again tonight I case I missed anything.
The real question is what skin are you trying to use?

I am running isengard and quite a few skins work fine for me, Aon nox/Convergence
Original Poster
WesD84

The real question is what skin are you trying to use?I am running … The real question is what skin are you trying to use?I am running isengard and quite a few skins work fine for me, Aon nox/Convergence

I tried a few Ace, Amber, Mimic, and eminence everything works except no way to navigate back once you go into a menu
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the 3 dots ... That's what I use
I don't touch these skins. Total installer community build, gandalf build.
Original Poster
itsdavidjones1984

I don't touch these skins. Total installer community build, gandalf … I don't touch these skins. Total installer community build, gandalf build.

Been looking into gandelfs builds tonight will try one as they look a lot better than any other skin.
Where do I get gandelf build for isengard?
Can't see it on total installer !

Help
as has been said, not all builds will be compatible with all the skins. im still on helix 14.2. way I see it is i'll only upgrade if I have to or isengard has features I want/need. until then, im using the Aeon Nox skin which ive slightly customised.
Which Gandelf build, as his last one is called slim free TV, he has now left the community, so doesn't maintain the build.
EN1GMA

as has been said, not all builds will be compatible with all the skins. … as has been said, not all builds will be compatible with all the skins. im still on helix 14.2. way I see it is i'll only upgrade if I have to or isengard has features I want/need. until then, im using the Aeon Nox skin which ive slightly customised.

aeon nox works great on 15.2

thanks for the tip btw

Edited by: "chocci" 4th Sep 2015
chocci

aeon nox works great on 15.1thanks for the tip btw

you can also save builds on a memory card. so in case things don't work out, you can downgrade whilst keeping your settings and add ons. you can also transfer your builds to other android devices running kodi so if you buy devices for other people, could just transfer your builds and settings over. this is just on android. not sure about other OS
I use Black glass Nova on isengard without any problems.Its completely customized from home screen wallpaper to additional shortcuts,etc.Works fine on isengard!
EN1GMA

you can also save builds on a memory card. so in case things don't work … you can also save builds on a memory card. so in case things don't work out, you can downgrade whilst keeping your settings and add ons. you can also transfer your builds to other android devices running kodi so if you buy devices for other people, could just transfer your builds and settings over. this is just on android. not sure about other OS

I did transfer my entire backup to another device but all the favourites links didn't work
chocci

I did transfer my entire backup to another device but all the favourites … I did transfer my entire backup to another device but all the favourites links didn't work

what about your saved add ons? I don't have any favs saved so never really thought to check.
EN1GMA

what about your saved add ons? I don't have any favs saved so never … what about your saved add ons? I don't have any favs saved so never really thought to check.

They were fine

So it is a time-saver but not perfect
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants