Kong: Skull Island - ITV2 tonight @ 6:40pm

Posted 25th May 2020Edited by:"Phsycronix"
Howdy folks. Well, it's a Bank Holiday, and I can remember when all the good movies would be on BBC1 or ITV etc. What happened to those days eh? You'd always get the big movies on the major channels but it seems they get relegated to 'other' channels now. I'd have expected this to be ITV1's "big" BH film - but no. I only really noticed whilst casually browsing the TV's "guide" so I thought I'd give a shout out in case anyone (like me) didn't notice this was on and would love to see it.

IMDB rating: 6.6/10 (I would rate it higher than this but that's my opinion!)

Now, here's the thing: what time is it on?

Freeview's "online" TV guide has it pinned as:

Kong: Skull Island

17:40-18:45 (then FYI Daily in-between)
18:50-20:00

(Ignore the above - I think my system is screwy!)

Whereas, my TV's own "guide" and another "online" TV guide I use has it at:

Kong: Skull Island
18:40-19:45 (then FYI Daily in-between)
19:50-21:00
(This is the correct time!)

So, be prepared! Especially If you were recording it, watch out that it isn't an hour earlier than expected and adjust accordingly. I think the latter timing is probably correct and Freeview have made a booboo in their listing but, who knows? Forewarned is forearmed.

Have an excellent day, whatever you are doing - and stay safe and well as always.

Regards, Phsy.
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
Films on TV suck. Adverts break the immersion and even more so do News programs between them.
winzzz25/05/2020 10:56

Films on TV suck. Adverts break the immersion and even more so do News …Films on TV suck. Adverts break the immersion and even more so do News programs between them.

40865684-naB3M.jpg

Doesn't worry me:

Pee break
Tea break
Snack replenishment
Etc.
Etc..
My freeview tv guide says 6.40pm as does my freesat guide.
Also freeview guide online says 6.40pm

40865726-1k7KG.jpg
You have a vpn on laptop or phone maybe?
fearona25/05/2020 11:13

You have a vpn on laptop or phone maybe?

How interesting. Thanks for that, fearona.

No, no VPN etc. on laptop. Just checked again - mine shows 5:40??? What would cause that discrepancy? My system clock is correct...

40865846-pmCYN.jpg
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 25th May
just to confirm for you, my virgin guide also states 6.40pm-9pm
Phsycronix25/05/2020 11:25

How interesting. Thanks for that, fearona.No, no VPN etc. on laptop. Just …How interesting. Thanks for that, fearona.No, no VPN etc. on laptop. Just checked again - mine shows 5:40??? What would cause that discrepancy? My system clock is correct...[Image]

Your whole guide is 1 hour out, weird, if no vpn and system clock correct not sure whats happening.
winzzz25/05/2020 10:56

Films on TV suck. Adverts break the immersion and even more so do News …Films on TV suck. Adverts break the immersion and even more so do News programs between them.

If you have a Sky Box or similar, record the movie and start watching the recording about 10-15 mins after the start time so you can fast forward the ad breaks.

Problem solved
fearona25/05/2020 11:53

Your whole guide is 1 hour out, weird, if no vpn and system clock correct …Your whole guide is 1 hour out, weird, if no vpn and system clock correct not sure whats happening.

I'm guessing now, it IS a system thing because this has reminded me of the "Ebay" issue I have when using Linux - sometimes listing 'end' times will show incorrectly in the summary page (i.e. something will show as ending in 54mins) - but when you go into the ACTUAL listing, it'll show as a remaining time of 1hr 54mins. I've never been able to figure it out as; like I said; the system clock is correct. I can only think the browser is picking up from an 'internet' clock - and not GMT?
Really enjoyed this movie, the follow up, Godzilla was bloody awful Unfortunately
Big_Rik25/05/2020 13:19

Really enjoyed this movie, the follow up, Godzilla was bloody awful …Really enjoyed this movie, the follow up, Godzilla was bloody awful Unfortunately

Hi BR. Hope you're well. I take it you mean the first (newer) one - or G: KOTM too? If you've seen the latter, did you notice the hint at a Godzilla vs Kong reference?

I watched a bit of the "original" Matt Broderick movie yesterday. Cheesy but fun though...
Big_Rik25/05/2020 13:19

Really enjoyed this movie, the follow up, Godzilla was bloody awful …Really enjoyed this movie, the follow up, Godzilla was bloody awful Unfortunately

You’re getting blocked for that.

I thought Godzilla was great. The sequel, King of the Monsters, was one of the best films I saw last year too. Can’t wait to see Godzilla vs King Kong.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 25th May
Biddy225/05/2020 13:45

You’re getting blocked for that. I thought Godzilla was great. The s …You’re getting blocked for that. I thought Godzilla was great. The sequel, King of the Monsters, was one of the best films I saw last year too. Can’t wait to see Godzilla vs King Kong.

I thought Godzilla hadn't the characters like Kong had.
Big_Rik25/05/2020 14:02

I thought Godzilla hadn't the characters like Kong had.

I got the impression we’re only supposed to care about Dr Serizawa and Vivienne Graham until the monsters were established. Then, everyone else is just there to create the plot for them to fight which is why they aren’t that deep in the sequel. Same with Kong. The characters are there to introduce him and then in Godzilla vs Kong, it’ll be all about them two with weaker characters.

It’s basically the complete opposite to Transformers, which focuses mainly on the humans at the detriment of the Transformers themselves.
This is the second time in recent months that ITV have premiered a film on ITV2 instead of on their main channel, they did the same with the Lego Batman Movie as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text