Kumon Alternative

LocalFound 29th May 2017
Any alternatives to Kumon for 4 year old. He enjoys but at times it is too repetitive, want to give him variety.

He does phonics at home, school. We read him books , goes to library once a week etc.

Please do not roast sating Kuom has been started too early, I know if we had not our schedule would not have allowed a routine to develop.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
The whole point of kumon is that it is repetitive so children become very fluent and it allows over learning and automaticity of recall! I don't think children need anything more at age 4 than a variety of stimulating play experience! It can take hours to learn something aged 4 that will take minutes age 6! The best you can do for your child is to enjoy books and stories by reading to them. Even phonics are too much for lots of children age 4 ( I am an educational psychologist and was a teacher).
Original Poster
Dougaldog8 h, 43 m ago

The whole point of kumon is that it is repetitive so children become very …The whole point of kumon is that it is repetitive so children become very fluent and it allows over learning and automaticity of recall! I don't think children need anything more at age 4 than a variety of stimulating play experience! It can take hours to learn something aged 4 that will take minutes age 6! The best you can do for your child is to enjoy books and stories by reading to them. Even phonics are too much for lots of children age 4 ( I am an educational psychologist and was a teacher).

I would agree with you, esp with your professional background. That was the reason I posted this as I would like to balance the learning and ensure there is variety.

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants