Expired

Labour cost for changing bathroom, refitting etc

Found 4th FebEdited by:"caverncity"
Any ideas on labour costs from a plumber for the following, just labour as suite etc is supplied thanks

Changing shower room back to bathroom
Bathroom has toilet, basin and shower cubicle, there is no bath.
Job entails removing shower cubicle and fixed in shower base, remove basin and toilet, remove thermostatic shower.
Suite is supplied so fit new bath in new position and replumb/waste, move basin to where shower was and replumb/waste. move toilet and replumb/waste.
Fit all taps, waste, mixer shower.
Remove old thermostatic shower and refit over bath and replumb, removing part of wall in bedroom to access and plumb shower in and fix wall. Fit glass shower screen, silicon bath, sink etc.
Change door round and box in bath.
No tiling will be done as already done, however little cosmetic things to repair like filling in screw holes.
All piping is plastic where possible

All labour only
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
Nothing ever goes according to plan and you don't mention plastering. Impossible to estimate but first cut guesstimate

Plastering 2 days £150-£200pd
Plumber 5 day £150pd
Tiller - 2 days £200pd
Materials - £500
Decoration £0 doing it yourself?
Contingency £1,000

That's £2,950. Get someone in to quote for the work.
Phone a few tradesmen up and get some quotes. Then you will know the cost. Nobody on here will be able to cost it up for you. Too many variables.
This size also matters and yes we can't help you on here because we would have to recommend you a plumber if that makes sence.
Original Poster
Apart from the obvious, I'm trying to find out a approx cost the reason I'm asking my daughter has just had her bathroom done exactly as above by the partner of her friend as a unpaid favour however she wants to give him something even though he doesn't want anything. I said she has saved at least a grand in labour so should offer him a few hundred, she said she had a hundred in mind and a crate of ale. I told her even though he doesn't want paying it's best not to insult him either and offer him a few hundred even if he turns it down. So I'm not a plumber so don't know the approximate cost hence my question. As a ball park figure would you think a grand in labour so I can remind her what she's actually saved? She supplied suite etc he supplied labour
Edited by: "caverncity" 5th Feb
caverncity1 h, 9 m ago

Apart from the obvious, I'm trying to find out a approx cost the reason …Apart from the obvious, I'm trying to find out a approx cost the reason I'm asking my daughter has just had her bathroom done exactly as above by the partner of her friend as a unpaid favour however she wants to give him something even though he doesn't want anything. I said she has saved at least a grand in labour so should offer him a few hundred, she said she had a hundred in mind and a crate of ale. I told her even though he doesn't want paying it's best not to insult him either and offer him a few hundred even if he turns it down. So I'm not a plumber so don't know the approximate cost hence my question. As a ball park figure would you think a grand in labour so I can remind her what she's actually saved? She supplied suite etc he supplied labour

How long did it take him?
Try:

mybuilder.com/

It should produce a few quotes for you.
Original Poster
I'd say about 12 hours give or take over 3 days
For 12 hours work I'd think he'd be very grateful for £200-300 as a cash gift.

I'd like to employ him if he can do all you listed in your OP in 12 hours! Would take me at least a week I'd guess!
Original Poster
Van197319 m ago

For 12 hours work I'd think he'd be very grateful for £200-300 as a cash …For 12 hours work I'd think he'd be very grateful for £200-300 as a cash gift.I'd like to employ him if he can do all you listed in your OP in 12 hours! Would take me at least a week I'd guess!

He might have taken longer I'm only going by what I'm getting told, my oh said while she was there he took out the sink, removed the toilet and replaced it in a "new position", and fitted the new bath in just a few hours, he was using all plastic piping so guess that helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants