Labour cost for new bathroom

Found 28th Jan
How much is labour cost for someone to replace old with new bathroom. Toilet, sink and bathtub needs installing plus floor and wall tiles and a shower installation.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Depends on the area you live and the amount of tiling. Plus how much pipe work is required if things are being moved. Also if old needs to be stripped out.
takes around 5-7 days to do bear that in mind dont expect it to be a 1-2 day job
Standard bathroom 2m x 2m - £1500-£2000 labour depending on where you live.
We had a complete bathroom redone with the items excluded for about £5,5k* and it took them just over 10 days. Full tiling, new bath, new shower enclosure, and they even knocked out an adjoining WC and redid the entry door for us.

*this is honestly a bit of a guess if you want the proper figure PM me and I'll find out for you.
I am budgeting max £1k to £1.5k.
Location is in east london illford area.
rimalpatel00713 m ago

I am budgeting max £1k to £1.5k. Location is in east london illford area.

I doubt that is going to be enough.
Van19731 h, 17 m ago

I doubt that is going to be enough.

Agree with this. Could also be risky going with the cheapest quote.
rimalpatel0072 h, 11 m ago

You would struggle getting that lot fitted for 1.5k up north.
rimalpatel0072 h, 15 m ago

i would expect around 3k for labour as that is a lot of work.
There are way too many variables from what you've said but 1.5k is woefully low for that.

My parents had a quote recently for a fairly average size bathroom, tiling on walls, bath, sink, toilet, shower, a few vanity units etc. Fitting quote was £5200. And that allowed for minimal (within 1/2 metre) movement of existing pipes and wastes.
Edited by: "darlodge" 29th Jan
mutley11 h, 14 m ago

i would expect around 3k for labour as that is a lot of work.

You might get a wall stripped and tiled for that nothing else. Way too low and in London too, I’d say 5-7k. Anything much lower and it’s probably someone who lives in a caravan that will do part of a job and leave you with water everywhere.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th Jan
cmdr_elito2 m ago

You might get a wall stripped and tiled for that nothing else. Way too low …You might get a wall stripped and tiled for that nothing else. Way too low and in London too, I’d say 5-7k. Anything much lower and it’s probably someone who lives in a caravan that will do part of a job and leave you with water everywhere.

You could always do it yourself. Installing a basin, bath and toilet isn’t very difficult once you have a few basic skills. Tiling is annoying so get someone in to tile it.
To fit bath etc it was £300 for me in 2009. Tiles is a different matter as you will need some plaster work and the floor would need mdf board and a rapid tile tub. Then the grouts etc, so it all adds up.
You need quotes without parts etc, but you will have the hassle in buying things.
A nice bathroom costs £500, tiles say £500 so now your 1k budget has gone.
For a quote in London i expect they will charge you £1k labour but like I said it depends on your bathroom size.

Go out and look around for tiles in Al Murad or other local shops as they are cheaper than top tiles etc.
Edited by: "Misslovely" 29th Jan
It cost me £500 to tile a bathroom and have a shower fitted over the bath. That was with me doing the tiling myself. My sister paid £5000 to have her ensuite redone. You need to look at your budget again
To do a bathroom that is about 1.8x1.8m tiled floor to ceiling fully done on a budget without much need of plastering and pipe moving under the floor expect to pay in the region of 2k upwards for Labour if I'm doing it. I know I'm not the cheepest neither the most expensive but what I do give is my full trade discount to customers and that includes all work ie painting, blinds putting up etc. I' also have qualifications in tiling and electrics. All my work is word of mouth, and repeat customers. My area is Clacton on Sea Essex.
My small bathroom (shower and sink - wc is separate) cost £1100 for just the basics, I haven't added in all the extras I had to buy like diamond drill bits, copper pipes and a few other tools and bits and pieces, including extra tiles as I somehow ran out even though I ordered 10% extra.

I did all the work myself, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

You'll be lucky to get it done for less than £5k paying a professional company.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants