Groups

Labour or conservative?

Who to vote for

Top comments

Why does anyone think may is a strong negotiator? She can't even debate corbyn on live TV even with the BBC in her pocket. She's embarrassing. Labour all the way.

I am supporting Labour. Reasons below:

1) Austerity isn't working. Our public services are collapsing

2) The NHS is in dire straits. When you have Doctors painted as radicals by a Health Secretary who in 2005 said he wants to privatise the NHS then something is wrong.

3) The Police force is in dire straits. When you have the ex Security Commissioner of the London Met stating live on BBC news that the Tories under May as Home Secretary and PM have skewed figures and cut 20,000 jobs since 2010 then something is not right

4) Tax cuts to the richest and corporations are not creating a fairer society. The rich are getting richer whereas we are seeing more homeless and more people relying on food banks.

5) Lack of investment in schools. When headteachers are collecting money at the gates so that the Teachers salaries can be paid then something is not right.

6) An end to deals with suppressive countries. Theresa May is in bed with the Saudi's despite them spending billions on exporting their extreme Wahabi interpretation of Islam. The same view shared by ISIS. Mosques are being funded by Saudi money and extreme rhetoric is being spouted to British Muslims

7) Since 1955 the Tories have borrowed more money than Labour and also taken longer to pay it back.
    http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

8 ) Theresa May said she supports Fox Hunting

9) I received a 1% pay rise last year (I work in the private sector but this is in line with the NHS pay rise) yet inflation rose by 2.1%. So the cost of living has risen higher than my wages

10) The Social Care plans aka Dementia Tax. Now the Conservative's plan on including your house in social care costs. They will leave you with only 100K - anything over than including your property is up for grabs. We pay tax and national insurance all our lives and illnesses such as Dementia are a lottery. If you get it at 60 you can still leave for another 2 decades. 3 years of dementia care costs will eat up more than average person's life savings and property price.

11) People criticise Dianne Abbot for her numbers gaffe recently. However, our very own Chancellor made a much larger mistake with numbers. Much bigger mistake. And he is in charge of the economy? He doesn't see eye to eye with May either. The Conservative manifesto has no costings at all.

12) Theresa May as a leader. She cannot handle the pressure. She is the weakest Prime Minister of modern times. On a par with Neville Chamberlain. She called an election but refuses to debate with other leaders. She provides broken rhetoric and is in above her head. She relies on personal insults and soundbites rather than explaining policy.

Edited by: "dtovey89" 5th Jun
    261 Comments

This is going to be interesting. Let the battle commence

May all the way! Can't image a Labour / SNP government, bye EU with a 'poor' deal, bye Scotland on a Indyref2.

Has to be Labour, how are we safer with 18% less police officer's?

Andyjbs

May all the way! Can't image a Labour / SNP government, bye EU with a … May all the way! Can't image a Labour / SNP government, bye EU with a 'poor' deal, bye Scotland on a Indyref2.

Hello WTO and 40% duties on certain goods

Labour

Here in the west of Scotland it's more to do with religion/sectarianism on who will get the vote.
    Sad, but true!
    Shettleston voting Tories tells it's own story of what's happening these days.

Labour all the way

Deant, you didn't answer your own question

notahappybunny15

Hello WTO and 40% duties on certain goods

I drive a German car, do you think BMW and Mercedes will not insist on continued selling to UK Market? Remember we import more than we export!

Andyjbs

I drive a German car, do you think BMW and Mercedes will not insist on … I drive a German car, do you think BMW and Mercedes will not insist on continued selling to UK Market? Remember we import more than we export!

Your reference suggested leaving the EU with a bad deal under Labour, if the Tories are offered a bad deal the only option would be the WTO.

If the EU and UK cannot agree a deal, both will have to place tariffs on the other.

A key principle of the WTO is that countries do not discriminate against one another. If the UK does not have a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the EU, the EU will have to treat the UK in the same way that it treats all other WTO members in that position, such as Russia, the US or Brazil. This means that EU tariffs would have to apply to the UK. It would be WTO-illegal for the EU not to place tariffs on the UK after Brexit if there was no FTA.

The same is true on the UK side. If it wants to apply any tariffs on any country, these will also have to apply to the EU if there is no deal.
    Edited by: "notahappybunny15" 5th Jun

notahappybunny15

Your reference suggested leaving the EU with a bad deal under Labour, if … Your reference suggested leaving the EU with a bad deal under Labour, if the Tories are offered a bad deal the only option would be the WTO.

You mentioned WTO! I work in Sales and going into a negotiation with the client/other party knowing where you start is crazy. It's a shame that many people have no confidence in this country and like to play us down at every opportunity.

I'm voting tory as strong majority has a better chance. Wasn't that long ago that people thought labour would split due to infighting. So much is unknown going through Brexit that having mavericks doing their own thing is asking for trouble.

Not much of a choice is it.

Why does anyone think may is a strong negotiator? She can't even debate corbyn on live TV even with the BBC in her pocket. She's embarrassing. Labour all the way.

Andyjbs

You mentioned WTO! I work in Sales and going into a negotiation with the … You mentioned WTO! I work in Sales and going into a negotiation with the client/other party knowing where you start is crazy. It's a shame that many people have no confidence in this country and like to play us down at every opportunity.

I'm not playing us down, I'm simply stating that the UK will trade tariffs will go up under WTO

kester76

I'm voting tory as strong majority has a better chance. Wasn't that long … I'm voting tory as strong majority has a better chance. Wasn't that long ago that people thought labour would split due to infighting. So much is unknown going through Brexit that having mavericks doing their own thing is asking for trouble.

Theresa May wouldn't even debate Corbyn, how's she going to do in a room of 26. None of them are going to want to give an inch

118luke

By the way... this site will help you tremendously … By the way... this site will help you tremendously http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I was going to vote for the right party but my results agree (15, -14, -29)

Mine is 15, -3, -14 in favour of Conservatives. Good website if you are unsure.

Labour!

The only reason Conservatives raised an election call is because they couldnt raise taxes under their last manifesto. They tried for self employed and there was a backlash... so what do they do? Oh yeah call an election so they can change that and raise taxes! GL to the middle classes...

notahappybunny15

Oops I ment soon to be :)Theresa May wouldn't even debate Corbyn, how's … Oops I ment soon to be :)Theresa May wouldn't even debate Corbyn, how's she going to do in a room of 26. None of them are going to want to give an inch

​Chances of labour getting a majority is nil, so Corbyns debating skills are a moot point. May might not be the best but she's leader of a strong party. Corbyn is struggling to keep his party together.
    If you voted Brexit then you voted Tory I'm sorry to say. If you didn't want the Tories in then you should of voted to stay in and kept all those ex labour MEPs in a job

Edited by: "kester76" 5th Jun

31107495-7AjdH.jpg

Neither, both parties have no idea about what the ppl of britain really want for our country.

31107551-5DV1y.jpg
    Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 5th Jun

http://i.imgur.com/hLJb2g8.jpg

My only issue with this result is Corbyn himself (+ I don't like his red button answers)
    And the questionnaire does not cover policing/security/nuclear weapons/environment etc

philphil61

My only issue with this result is Corbyn himself (+ I don't like his red … My only issue with this result is Corbyn himself (+ I don't like his red button answers) And the questionnaire does not cover policing/security/nuclear weapons/environment etc

have you tried this one?
    voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Edited by: "manc80" 5th Jun

Snakeyes646

Neither, both parties have no idea about what the ppl of britain really … Neither, both parties have no idea about what the ppl of britain really want for our country.

I'm fed up with this statement.

Read something. Anything. Educate yourself.
    Pick a side and vote.

philphil61

My only issue with this result is Corbyn himself (+ I don't like his red … My only issue with this result is Corbyn himself (+ I don't like his red button answers) And the questionnaire does not cover policing/security/nuclear weapons/environment etc

Why are you obsessed with the nuclear button question when Labour are planning on investing in Police and Security. Something the Tories have continuously cut since 2010 despite warnings from both Security Commissioners of the London Met and Police Officers once awarded for bravery but resigning in protest of lack of funding.

dtovey893 m ago

I'm fed up with this statement.Read something. Anything. Educate …I'm fed up with this statement.Read something. Anything. Educate yourself.Pick a side and vote.

I am voting just not for any of the above, thanks 31107671-cp4fA.jpg

Whichever party will ban political threads in Misc.

Andyjbs

May all the way! Can't image a Labour / SNP government, bye EU with a … May all the way! Can't image a Labour / SNP government, bye EU with a 'poor' deal, bye Scotland on a Indyref2.

No deal is the worst deal.

How are people unable to see this?

I am supporting Labour. Reasons below:

1) Austerity isn't working. Our public services are collapsing

2) The NHS is in dire straits. When you have Doctors painted as radicals by a Health Secretary who in 2005 said he wants to privatise the NHS then something is wrong.

3) The Police force is in dire straits. When you have the ex Security Commissioner of the London Met stating live on BBC news that the Tories under May as Home Secretary and PM have skewed figures and cut 20,000 jobs since 2010 then something is not right

4) Tax cuts to the richest and corporations are not creating a fairer society. The rich are getting richer whereas we are seeing more homeless and more people relying on food banks.

5) Lack of investment in schools. When headteachers are collecting money at the gates so that the Teachers salaries can be paid then something is not right.

6) An end to deals with suppressive countries. Theresa May is in bed with the Saudi's despite them spending billions on exporting their extreme Wahabi interpretation of Islam. The same view shared by ISIS. Mosques are being funded by Saudi money and extreme rhetoric is being spouted to British Muslims

7) Since 1955 the Tories have borrowed more money than Labour and also taken longer to pay it back.
    http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

8 ) Theresa May said she supports Fox Hunting

9) I received a 1% pay rise last year (I work in the private sector but this is in line with the NHS pay rise) yet inflation rose by 2.1%. So the cost of living has risen higher than my wages

10) The Social Care plans aka Dementia Tax. Now the Conservative's plan on including your house in social care costs. They will leave you with only 100K - anything over than including your property is up for grabs. We pay tax and national insurance all our lives and illnesses such as Dementia are a lottery. If you get it at 60 you can still leave for another 2 decades. 3 years of dementia care costs will eat up more than average person's life savings and property price.

11) People criticise Dianne Abbot for her numbers gaffe recently. However, our very own Chancellor made a much larger mistake with numbers. Much bigger mistake. And he is in charge of the economy? He doesn't see eye to eye with May either. The Conservative manifesto has no costings at all.

12) Theresa May as a leader. She cannot handle the pressure. She is the weakest Prime Minister of modern times. On a par with Neville Chamberlain. She called an election but refuses to debate with other leaders. She provides broken rhetoric and is in above her head. She relies on personal insults and soundbites rather than explaining policy.

Edited by: "dtovey89" 5th Jun

Snakeyes646

I am voting just not for any of the above, thanks

Please do not comment in political threads then.

Id 100% vote for labour rather than the tories Dtovey, dont get me wrong. I just feel fed up with both parties BS, come thursday i dont even know who ill be voting for.

dtovey89

Why are you obsessed.....

My biggest worry is with Corbyn as a leader but I really have major concerns about how Labour activist are handling themselves, and if they don't get the result they are after they will probably question the legality of the election. Living in a labour heartland my vote will make little difference to whether we get a Labour MP or not but can I give my labour candidate my vote after what I see and the way activists put down our country I am not sure. My vote will not be for the conservatives as it's a wasted vote but a voting for our usual Labour MP will be very difficult.

Snakeyes646

Id 100% vote for labour rather than the tories Dtovey, dont get me wrong. … Id 100% vote for labour rather than the tories Dtovey, dont get me wrong. I just feel fed up with both parties BS, come thursday i dont even know who ill be voting for.

People like you for years have begged for a politician who smashes the stereotype.
    You have one in Corbyn. Lowest expense claims, etc and someone who genuinely cares about the many not the few.

Yet here you are spouting the same old rubbish that none of them represent you.
    If you can't be bothered to read a ten point summary of Labour/Lib Dem/Tory manifesto then maybe you shouldn't be voting.

Tories trying to stop the release of report into terrorist funding (wonder why)

theguardian.com/wor…ups

Labour

There is a huge safety aspect to be considered in these elections. I would not be surprised to see a knife attack at smaller, easier target polling stations to keep voters away and to ramp up terror.

I think I will probably vote con. Mostly b/c I want hard brexit and think May is most likely to deliver that. I know Corbyn wont come close.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3631401
      2. Gold Flamedeer thread (ABSOLUTELY NO HINTING/MENTIONING THE TRADING OF GOLD…36
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846331
      4. EE Retention Deal S811

See more discussions