Groups

Lack of Nvidia Shield music apps ?

Hey, I was thinking of signing up to a music app, but cannot find anything on the Nvidia shield apart from Google Music.
    No Deezer or spotify, and tidal is the cheapest if I pay for 6 months, and again nothing.

I bought this unit for a Android experience, but it seems a lot of the top premium apps are not on the Shield.

Is this just me, or is there a way to get these top apps on the shield ?

Thanks

10 Comments

you can download these apps on kodi as long as you have a Spotify Account

No not just you,Android TV is devoid of TV apps too only BBC catchup.
    You can do a search for the APKs they will install but you might need an air mouse to use them.
    Or you could try a shield android ROM that gives you access to full Google Playstore.

forum.xda-developers.com/shi…ent
    Edited by: "SilverBlack" 27th Aug 2016

brendanhickey

you can download these apps on kodi as long as you have a Spotify Account

youtu.be/j_0…7ro

why not just download the apk file onto your phone from the play store then ftp it across and install.
    done it with loads of apps that aren't meant to be compatible

Lot of them don't work with controller or remote

Original Poster

stefromuk

why not just download the apk file onto your phone from the play store … why not just download the apk file onto your phone from the play store then ftp it across and install.done it with loads of apps that aren't meant to be compatible

Uhm What?
    I have a Samsung S6 which does not have a SD card, May try SilverBlack option.
    Hard to understand, that you buy one of the most expensive android media players, but it wont play media LOL
    Yes it plays all videos I chuck at it, but forget music apps or even some TV Apps ect.

Original Poster

OK never mind about that SilverBlack option, way over my head, just wanted a plug and play option, but it seems Nvidia or the Music streamer companies dont care about the Shield.
    So how can I listen to these music players on my Onkyo TX-NR818 with full audio.
    Not listening to music on just my TV sound, thats weak

Sideload launcher should allow you to open a lot of these apps.

You should be able to sign I to Google play store on a computer and install them to the shield. If not use sideload launcher

I side loaded Spotify onto my Nvidia Shield and it works great.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?22
      2. Beds44
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?55

See more discussions