Lada Niva - Back in the UK! - £10974 OTR

Found 2nd Jun 2011
It is back in the UK albeit in LHD! They also offer a gas conversion for £535 as part of the deal.

Niva 4 Seater Car

UK supplied Nivas are the latest 'quality drive' Euro 5 emissions standard export cars (left hand drive) that are supplied to many West European countries, with power steering.

They benefit from both monocoque construction AND a rigid square section underframe.

The Niva has separate controls for its 5 gears, low range and differential lock.

• Dualfuel (LPG) option available on passenger car at a credit crunching £535 - giving you almost half price fuel, forever!

markkey.co.uk/niv…tml
Community Updates
Misc4x4Car
20 Comments
gosta get me one of them... bling bling....
Sloth/Mod
The Eastern Europeans over here will love this............probably won't be able to move for them in a few months time. X)
Haha, looks aweful!

Have some Heat!
Lol.
That SEXY beast of a car puts all european cars to shame.
Edited by: "har42" 2nd Jun 2011
Sloth/Mod
http://www.markkey.co.uk/NIVAV2/IMAGES/nivcarnew.jpg
a robin reliant with bigger wheels!
A skip on wheels
You all may laugh, but these cars go forever..... plus are cheap as chips to run / fix.

For someone living on a farm / working rurally - This actually makes an awful lot of sense sense Red Diesel (the non-taxed fuel) is not permitted to be put in farm commuter vehicles.
Poor mans Skoda
Sloth/Mod
sniperpenguin

You all may laugh, but these cars go forever..... plus are cheap as chips … You all may laugh, but these cars go forever..... plus are cheap as chips to run / fix.For someone living on a farm / working rurally - This actually makes an awful lot of sense sense Red Diesel (the non-taxed fuel) is not permitted to be put in farm commuter vehicles.

Then why aren't there any on the road these days?? X)
Gawd. Are they still making these?!?!?

Saw an older one a few weeks back .... first one I've seen in ages! Seem to remember a mechanic in a place I worked years back saying that they are actually pretty decent little budget 4x4. Simple mechanics which is what you want in a cheapo one. Fair do's if you buy it for it's proper use .... but I doubt you'll see too many parked in Tesco!

Just need someone to resurrect the FSO Polonez now and we're sorted .....
Syzable

The reason that there isn't any over here is they are left hand drive which makes it nearly impossible to drive on a UK road, overtaking is only done in a left hand drive car on a UK road if you are suicidal.
Why has this been moved to Misc it is a HOT deal
I can appreciate where the OP is coming from, but come on. I can remember them, and yes Nivas were once popular amongst a niche market but they were a hell of a lot cheaper then and had the steering wheel on the right side, as well as a proper official Lada dealer network for warranty support.

But they were last sold here in 1997, and they were extremely out of date even then (based on a design from 1977) - but the cheap price and UK spec made it worth it for a limited market.

Fourteen years later the design is clearly pretty much unchanged, so we've got a car based on a 34-year-old design, with the steering wheel on the wrong side, not an official Lada import by the looks of it and no Lada dealers to service or repair it, and they want nearly £11,000 for it?

They are rugged up to a point, but only because of their very simple, old technology - Ladas were not known for their brilliant build quality.

I think £11,000 would buy you a much more capable, better-built, approved-used 4x4 which would have a dealer network to back it up.

Or for less than £1,000 more, why not a brand-new Suzuki Jimny? Better built, modern Japanese design and features, full dealer network a 3-year warranty.
The steering wheel is even on the correct side as a bonus!
Edited by: "RSteve" 2nd Jun 2011
Sloth/Mod
AJS

Why has this been moved to Misc it is a HOT deal

Not a suitable retailer - hotukdeals.com/fee…211
Do they still come with heated rear windows for when its cold on your hands?
Syzable

We used to drive past Aberdeen harbour most mornings a few years ago and there were almost always old Ladas on the East European ships - they bought them here and shipped them home.

There is an old Dacia showroom not far from us either - not been in operation for a long long time. Now that was a car to give a Lada a race!
Nice, step up from a Skoda i guess...
Original Poster
A13

Nice, step up from a Skoda i guess...

Now who's following me?

Even bigger step up from an Audi too
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions